U.S. Open

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Who has the best shot at winning the Open?

Tiger Woods
57%
Phil Mickelson
No votes
Bubba Watson
No votes
The Field
43%

Total votes : 7
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Tin cup doode!

But ahem ya I will wait till each rounds conclusion to comment on a player so that I quit putting my foot in my.mouth. good tourni tho, o dig seeing these guys go up and down. The under the breath cuss words are always amusing to.me.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:24 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Furyk is NOT a closer tho. No way he wins this event, probably ever. Has he won ANY major? Maybe he got one on Tigers vacation.

BOM Tiger style! My dawg is hungry and I just don't see anyone that can match his talent, under pressure, for a major.

Yea, Furyk has won an Open before. He's a grinder. No surprise him and Mcdowell are on top on a tough course like that.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:06 pm

brad7686 wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:Furyk is NOT a closer tho. No way he wins this event, probably ever. Has he won ANY major? Maybe he got one on Tigers vacation.

BOM Tiger style! My dawg is hungry and I just don't see anyone that can match his talent, under pressure, for a major.

Yea, Furyk has won an Open before. He's a grinder. No surprise him and Mcdowell are on top on a tough course like that.

McDowell has the most energy going into this last round. I still think Tiger can win it if he comes out on fire but he needs to stop coming up short and get aggressive.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Yep I agree with all of that. I knew Jim has won one major wasn't ure if it.was an.open, I just think he doesn't have the will or the skill to close it. Wouldn't be surprised of one of these who's that guys takes it.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Man, Tiger really fell off the wagon right out the gate...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Horribly.. sucks I was right about Furyk. He was the feel good pick kinda like old Watson at the British open. After tiger shot himself in the foot I told my step dad I'd like to see Web Simpson pull it off... Who the hell names their kid Web? Lol he had a great weekend: 4 under par for Sat and Sunday where most people in contention shot par or worse. I personally was hoping for a playoff or even better three player playoff. Glad USA kept the trophy for sure.. I also think tiger wins one of the remaining majors. Just a hunch
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:35 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:Dang I ginxed t dub! Lol he's got the only two par fives coming up tho, let the big dog eat!
What movie is that last line from Atx? U got this?

I have absolutely no clue what movie.

Did anyone just see that 17 y/o golfers mom!? MILF!

Tin Cup.

Hot momma.

Furyk choked but was a way better bet than those other clowns.

El Tigre had an awesome swing once but it was very hard on his body - restricted hip turn yet past parallel with massive shoulder turn. Tough on both knees. I suspect he did roids. Tiger is one of the best putters ever - particularly on fast greens. To "Tiger-proof" a course slow it down.

Nicklaus reinvented his swing at least 3 times. His opponents were tougher mentally than the guys who have exploded when paired with Tiger.

Simpson backing in was weak. He almost looked ashamed.

Tiger's best shot will be the Masters. It is very fast and the field is acutally relatively weak compared to say the PGA. The US Open might nullify his length most years and the British is so much less about putting than the other 3.

I doubt Tiger gets to 18.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Four more in ten years? (the age Jack was when he won his last major) easy.
I think he wins one of the two this year then wouldn't be surprised if he went off and took two or more next year. It's tiger woods man... His new swing is coming along as will all hos game. He IS the best ever. He will torch all of jacks records like he has since he was a teen

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:08 pm

It seems 4 out of 7 people thought one guy named Tiger had a better chance of winning than the field. That tells me something.

Tiger is the best of his era - easily. He dominated like no other.

His new swing is easier on his body and/but looser. It is less likely to hold up under pressure. Time will tell. Putting usually goes first. He might be one more injury away.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:12 pm

He also just tied jacks total won record while winning at two tough venues against the worlds best.

I think his weakest link is the pressure he puts on himself to win another major. It's not as easy as before but the talent is there. He easily could have shot a 68 or better on Friday and had the out right lead. Once he gets another one, it'll be down hill and he probably retires w 20 plus

Return to The Lounge