Jake Ballard is now on the Patriots

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:01 am

"Bill Belichick's quest to take over the world with an army of tight ends has cost the New York Giants Jake Ballard. The Giants waived Ballard, who tore his ACL in the Super Bowl, on Monday thinking he'd clear waivers and they'd be able to sign him right back and put him on injured reserve because he was probably going to miss the season anyway. They told him he was in their plans for 2013, and as far as they knew, he was.

But Ballard did not clear waivers. He was claimed by the Patriots, who likely will be able to retain him next year as an exclusive rights free agent if he gets healthy in the meantime. The Patriots now have five tight ends on their roster, including star starters Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez, and obviously did not have a need at the position. "
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:58 am

This is kind of funny. I doubt Ballard even plays this year, but I love how the Patriots took a shot at the Giants by claiming a guy they were planning on bringing back.
XVII XXII XXVI

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:11 am

andyjens89 wrote:This is kind of funny. I doubt Ballard even plays this year, but I love how the Patriots took a shot at the Giants by claiming a guy they were planning on bringing back.

+1

That's just how they roll lol.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Oh, and I wouldn't put it past Mara and the Giants trying to get Goodell to go after New England and take some of their cap space or draft picks for breaking "unwritten rules". :roll:
XVII XXII XXVI

Postby yupchagee » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 pm

andyjens89 wrote:Oh, and I wouldn't put it past Mara and the Giants trying to get Goodell to go after New England and take some of their cap space or draft picks for breaking "unwritten rules". :roll:

I agree
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:14 am

yupchagee wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:Oh, and I wouldn't put it past Mara and the Giants trying to get Goodell to go after New England and take some of their cap space or draft picks for breaking "unwritten rules". :roll:

I agree

Tom Coughlin bothered, but not because Patriots violated unwritten rules

Giants coach Tom Coughlin admitted Wednesday he was “very disappointed” to lose tight end Jake Ballard on waivers, while New England coach Bill Belichick sloughed off the idea he violated one of the league’s unwritten rules in picking up the injured tight end.

“First of all, there aren’t any unwrittens,” Belichick said, via ESPNBoston.com. “You can’t negotiate a contract, release him, and then re-negotiate another contract with him that was already done in advance. I’m sure the Giants weren’t doing that. So the player is on waivers, he’s on waivers — ours or anybody else’s. I don’t know what unwrittens you’re talking about.

“Any time you put a player on waivers, you know there are 31 teams out there that can take him if they want him. We all know that. There is no secrets about that.”

Belichick’s explanation comes as no surprise.

I might start liking Belicheat :D

Jerry Reese won’t explain the loss of Jake Ballard

Like coach Tom Coughlin expressed earlier in the day, Giants general manager Jerry Reese said he was “disappointed” to lose tight end Jake Ballard to New England in what is becoming the most-discussed waiver-claim in years.

That does not mean, however, that Reese wants to discuss it.

“I could explain it but I don’t want to explain it,” Reese said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via the New York Daily News. “Because it’s really irrelevant at this point. All I want to say about Jake is he did a tremendous job for us and we hope he gets well soon. It’s really pointless for me at this point to try explain it to people.

“It’s rare that somebody takes a guy under these conditions off the waiver wire but it happened and we wish Jake all the best.”

It’s clear the Giants were expecting to get Ballard back to stash him on IR, after he needed ACL and microfracture surgery.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:00 am

Amazing... apparently, "unwritten rules" are supposed to apply to all but the Giants.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:27 am

How dare they. Monkey

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 am

GOOD FOR THE PATS !!!!!!!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am

“First of all, there aren’t any unwrittens,” Belichick said, via ESPNBoston.com.

I beg to differ. Your team voted for them in the cap theft from the Redskins.

But I don't understand why the G-strings waived him first. Couldn't they just have put him on IR directly?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Around the League