****THN Fantasy Football League****

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Another advantage to having IDPs score as much as offensive players is that it makes the draft much more interesting. In my league there are still good offensive players on the board in the late rounds, because defensive stars go off the board as early as the offensive ones.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Ahhhh sounds pretty cool
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:06 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Surely its a case of the smaller the bench the more skillful a game it is....?

Yes and no. If it's too easy to find replacements (small bench, lots of FAs) then it's just who has big games. If it's hard to find replacements (big bench, sparse FAs) you need more skill to pick guys to fill in.

It's about equating the importance of weekly management vs. the importance of drafting well.

I'm not suggesting we do this but if we got rid of flex then there would be 14 more pretty good FAs available. Is that good?

LPJ - I went to Parkdale High!

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:10 pm

I like flex for the 2 TE set...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Right now a 46 yard TD pass is worth more to a QB than 10 solo tackles are to a LB.

It's also worth more than 20 carries for 99 yards by a RB.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:36 am

Doesn't sound 2 legit to me... The hell that even means
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:56 am

DarthMonk wrote:Right now a 46 yard TD pass is worth more to a QB than 10 solo tackles are to a LB.

DarthMonk

So exactly what is your point here Darth?

QB; 46 yards- 3.1 points, 46 yard + TD- 1 bonus point, TD- 6 points. Total of 10.1 points.

LB; 10 points.

RB; 9.9 points.

Now if that RB breaks a 40 yarder + TD he'll get a bonus of 2 points added to that.

So your saying what here, you want what done.. less points for QB? More for IDP? Cause I'll be honest, I'm not raising it up to 3 points per tackle but I'll think about changing it to maybe 2 points max and to balance it out I'll raise the sacks/ints/etc up 1 point as well.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:19 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Right now a 46 yard TD pass is worth more to a QB than 10 solo tackles are to a LB.

DarthMonk

So exactly what is your point here Darth?

QB; 46 yards- 3.1 points, 46 yard + TD- 1 bonus point, TD- 6 points. Total of 10.1 points.

LB; 10 points.

RB; 9.9 points.

Now if that RB breaks a 40 yarder + TD he'll get a bonus of 2 points added to that.

So your saying what here, you want what done.. less points for QB? More for IDP? Cause I'll be honest, I'm not raising it up to 3 points per tackle but I'll think about changing it to maybe 2 points max and to balance it out I'll raise the sacks/ints/etc up 1 point as well.

I'm just chiming in. Right now Rex Grossman can close his eyes, throw a bad pass, have Royster take it 46 yards and he just scored more than Fletch making 10 tackles or Helu carrying the ball 20 times for 99 yards. That seems wrong to me. Others are talking about making IDPs as valuable as other guys. At this point it's not close. You know I think 15 yards per point makes QBs way to valuable. It's just more info for everyone to sift through as they make suggestions and vote.

I'll adjust to whatever the final rules are and kick ass either way but I'm just laying out what I think are interesting facts that are relevent to the discussion.

Seemed pretty clear to me.

PS - I'm not upset by any of this. We all will have the same rules. But since we are discussing I'm putting all my thoughts out there. It's a good league cuz we're in it and none of us are gonna bail after we lose a few games or get busy - and we all love the Redskins.

PPS - I thiink the current setting have 16 teams and 6 on the bench with 6 playoff teams.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:56 am

I don't mind playing with all the IDP's, but putting them in the same point category as offensive players will have me deleting my name from the league.

It's fantasy football, not reality football no matter how much people like defense.

We are potentially turning a fun league into a monster of stat keeping and research.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:59 am

DarthMonk should start another league where it's defensive players only :lol:

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 am

ATX_Skins wrote:I don't mind playing with all the IDP's, but putting them in the same point category as offensive players will have me deleting my name from the league.

It's fantasy football, not reality football no matter how much people like defense.

We are potentially turning a fun league into a monster of stat keeping and research.

I agree. On a typical week the point scoring should be something like 70% from the offense and 30% from the defense, if you get me.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:10 am

ATX_Skins wrote:DarthMonk should start another league where it's defensive players only :lol:

Seriously ...

I didn't like the idea of IDPs going into last year but ended up liking them.

Other people have said they should be as important as offensive players - not I.

I'm just supplying numbers for others to use when thinking about the issues.

I'm fine with no defense at all. I'm fine with no kicker. I'm fine with QBs that can score 100 points a week and RBs who can break the all-time record for yards in a game while scoring two TDs scoring half as many points for my fantasy team.

If we went with yahoo! default everywhere I'd be fine with that as well as probaably most of us would.

I'm not taking my name off. I have a title to defend.

Whateva. :whistle:

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:31 am

DarthMonk wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:DarthMonk should start another league where it's defensive players only :lol:

Seriously ...

I didn't like the idea of IDPs going into last year but ended up liking them.

Other people have said they should be as important as offensive players - not I.

I'm just supplying numbers for others to use when thinking about the issues.

I'm fine with no defense at all. I'm fine with no kicker. I'm fine with QBs that can score 100 points a week and RBs who can break the all-time record for yards in a game while scoring two TDs scoring half as many points for my fantasy team.

If we went with yahoo! default everywhere I'd be fine with that as well as probaably most of us would.

I'm not taking my name off. I have a title to defend.

Whateva. :whistle:

DarthMonk

It just seems as though you are pushing for an IDP importance that I don't feel anyone else wants. If other guys want the same thing then they can either speak up here or on Yahoo.

I don't mind IDP's either after last year but they are more like a little bonus to help you out and should in no way even come close to effecting the major outcome.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 am

I can change the QB points back to 20 yards for 1 point, that's not a big deal really. (Had it at 20 last year)

I also feel IDPs shouldn't have as much points as offense and they do have potential to earn more based on sacks/ints/etc. Offense only get points based on what's in the settings.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 am

ATX_Skins wrote:It just seems as though you are pushing for an IDP importance that I don't feel anyone else wants. If other guys want the same thing then they can either speak up here or on Yahoo.

Again, that is someone else, not I. So "same thing" does not apply and he did "speak up" ... here:

Deadskins wrote:I think we should have just as many IDPs as offensive players, and their fantasy scoring should be adjusted so that they score just like offensive players. That makes it more like real football, where offense and defense are equal partners in the team.

... and here:

Deadskins wrote:Another advantage to having IDPs score as much as offensive players is that it makes the draft much more interesting. In my league there are still good offensive players on the board in the late rounds, because defensive stars go off the board as early as the offensive ones.

I will continue to read other posts on the issues and supply what I consisder relevant commentary. Most of my actual suggestions (as opposed to comments on the suggestions of others) have been rebuffed which is fine. They are only suggestions.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to General Manager's Office