Health Care

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4220
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Health Care

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

ATX
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:10 pm

As a combat vet I don't even rate health insurance through the VA's Tri Care (worst health care available). Want to talk about some BS...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

cappster
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Re: Health Care

Postby Cappster » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:23 am

DarthMonk wrote:This is a fairly amazing result:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/28/politics/ ... index.html


It truly is. It's amusing that the repubs held voted to hold Holder in contempt of Congress to try and make lemonade out of the baskets they were given yesterday. Such a sad attempt to deflect attention from one of the biggest historical rulings of my generation.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:50 am

I though it would get struck down for sure. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6328
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:05 am

hahaha, that's a great point about auto insurance. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4220
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:06 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:As a combat vet I don't even rate health insurance through the VA's Tri Care (worst health care available). Want to talk about some BS...


I used to date a girl whose dad was a vet. He also had MS. I could not believe how poor the care was from the VA. I was kind of ashamed.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:57 pm

This was a total cop out of a ruling! To say the law is unconstitutional to force people to buy health insurance, but say it is OK since the Congress can still inforce forcing people to have health insurance by taxing people that don't have it. The Supreme court basically said it wasn't constitutional to penalize people if they failed to get health insurance, but it was OK for the Congress to tax the people for just about anything they wanted to tax them for (including not having health insurance).
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

the 'mudge
Posts: 14327
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Health Care

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Cappster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:This is a fairly amazing result:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/28/politics/ ... index.html


It truly is. It's amusing that the repubs held voted to hold Holder in contempt of Congress to try and make lemonade out of the baskets they were given yesterday. Such a sad attempt to deflect attention from one of the biggest historical rulings of my generation.


Since the Contempt charge has been brewing for months... only a herculean distortion and suspension of reality could result in the above claim.

Perhaps Holder should not be covering up for his underlings.

Just a thought.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Posts: 14327
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:06 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:As a combat vet I don't even rate health insurance through the VA's Tri Care (worst health care available). Want to talk about some BS...


1: Tricare is NOT VA.
2: Are you service-connected disabled?
3: Are you retired military?
If yes, you are eligible.
If No, you are not.

That's how it's always been. Why would it be different for you?

It is not great care... as you note... so why are you upset?

BTW... the VA is pretty much how the Federal Government does health care. It sucks. So, why do so many of you think the Government could do anything to fix the rest of health care?

Seriously?????
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Countertrey wrote:BTW... the VA is pretty much how the Federal Government does health care. It sucks. So, why do so many of you think the Government could do anything to fix the rest of health care?

It's not the same thing. Obamacare is not government health care. It's more about insurance than it is about health care. That's not to say that I think it's necessarily a good thing, just point out the flaw in your comparison.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14327
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:15 am

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:BTW... the VA is pretty much how the Federal Government does health care. It sucks. So, why do so many of you think the Government could do anything to fix the rest of health care?

It's not the same thing. Obamacare is not government health care. It's more about insurance than it is about health care. That's not to say that I think it's necessarily a good thing, just point out the flaw in your comparison.


Do you need to be reminded that Obama's STATED goal is a one payor system, that system being the sole province of the Federal Government? Sure, he has since said "If you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance"... but do YOU believe him? Sorry... he's about as honest as Vladamir Putin.
A one payor system will result in a national VA... I know that's not convenient for your arguement... sorry.

The government does 2 things well... Fight wars, and collect taxes.

Neither bear any resemblance to surgery.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

cappster
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Re: Health Care

Postby Cappster » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:50 am

Countertrey wrote:
Cappster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:This is a fairly amazing result:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/28/politics/ ... index.html


It truly is. It's amusing that the repubs held voted to hold Holder in contempt of Congress to try and make lemonade out of the baskets they were given yesterday. Such a sad attempt to deflect attention from one of the biggest historical rulings of my generation.


Since the Contempt charge has been brewing for months... only a herculean distortion and suspension of reality could result in the above claim.

Perhaps Holder should not be covering up for his underlings.

Just a thought.


Haha. It must have been pure coincidence. Gotcha
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

cappster
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:57 am

And on another note, I find it rather ironic that Mitt Romney, who vows to "repeal Romneycare...ahem...Obamacare" on day one of his Presidency if he is elected. I have a feeling that more about his advocacy for the individual mandate will come back to bite him before the election.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7PG4j2K0dA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6DrH6P9OC0
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

the 'mudge
Posts: 14327
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Health Care

Postby Countertrey » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:34 am

Cappster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Cappster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:This is a fairly amazing result:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/28/politics/ ... index.html


It truly is. It's amusing that the repubs held voted to hold Holder in contempt of Congress to try and make lemonade out of the baskets they were given yesterday. Such a sad attempt to deflect attention from one of the biggest historical rulings of my generation.


Since the Contempt charge has been brewing for months... only a herculean distortion and suspension of reality could result in the above claim.

Perhaps Holder should not be covering up for his underlings.

Just a thought.


Haha. It must have been pure coincidence. Gotcha


sooo... your contention is that John Issa planned and timed this out months ago... setting dozens of unconnected pieces in motion, including manipulating the Supreme Court to release the decision on the last day of their term, manipulated Eric Holder to continue to refuse to release demanded documents, and timed it just perfectly. Clearly, you must believe that he is the most brilliant Machiavellian mind in history...

Sure thing.

OTOH... perhaps Holder should simply stop covering up for his underlings, and give the committee what they require. One federal officer is dead. Probably dozens... if not more... Mexican civilians killed by these weapons. It's not like it's a big deal, or anything. Yeah... you got me. :?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

ATX
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:30 am

Countertrey wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:As a combat vet I don't even rate health insurance through the VA's Tri Care (worst health care available). Want to talk about some BS...


1: Tricare is NOT VA.
2: Are you service-connected disabled?
3: Are you retired military?
If yes, you are eligible.
If No, you are not.

That's how it's always been. Why would it be different for you?

It is not great care... as you note... so why are you upset?

BTW... the VA is pretty much how the Federal Government does health care. It sucks. So, why do so many of you think the Government could do anything to fix the rest of health care?

Seriously?????


1. 4 years active duty (honorable discharge).
2. I do have service connected disabilities (not official).
3. They have all been denied by the VA.

I am upset because I gave so much to this country and now it seems it's nothing but dead ends.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Return to The Lounge