Robert Griffin III Official... Tweeting

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4853
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:03 am

You might be right. Honestly, I have trouble reading tweets at all, much less interpreting their actual meaning!

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:37 am

Haha! We're probably wasting our time trying to assign any great meaning to 140 characters of soundbite anyway. It might be best to assume that RGIII's teammates know him already, and will know his exact meaning.

This sort of over-anaylsis is exactly why I don't spend much time here during the offseason!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:55 am
Location: Vallejo, California

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:00 pm

I applaud the leadership that I THINK this represents

I Lament the slow death of proper English.

HTTR
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:50 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Haha! We're probably wasting our time trying to assign any great meaning to 140 characters of soundbite anyway. It might be best to assume that RGIII's teammates know him already, and will know his exact meaning.

This sort of over-anaylsis is exactly why I don't spend much time here during the offseason!


Alright mate,
I was gonna shout you up actually, we've got you boys in a pre-season friendly at your gaff on Aug 4th and a few of us are going, but the wife is going on a hen night that day so now I'm f***ed!

I'm gutted, really wanted to see the new stadium, could've met up for a pint as well if you're going.

You'll just have to get promoted now!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:23 pm
Location: rocky mount va.

Postby skinpride1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:00 pm

I think LONDON is smart enough to know that RG3 is just trying to establish a bond with everyone. Got to be better than what London has been dealing with in past skins seasons. Players that just show up for a paycheck and not for the love of the game.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:33 pm

ok yall... a # = a hashtag... does no one watch Jimmy Fallon these days??
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:41 pm

if anyone can turn this to a negative its a puke fan... Know your why sukkas!
why do you sacrifice?

CUS WE BELIEVE! In Fletcher we trust in the name of RGiii AHMEN!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:03 am

Postby spenser » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:42 pm

While I agree he didn't necessarily need to send that out to vets like Fletcher, I don't have a problem with it at all. And knowing the consummate professional and leader Fletch is.... I would be surprised if he were upset with it. I'm sure he's pumped that he has someone with mad skill that WANTS to be great and wants to win. You think Jamarcus "Purple Drank" Russell was asking people why they grind and displaying a hunger to WIN? Yea, you don't want him to come across as a cocky know it all, but I think it's safe to say that RG3 is not a me first or cocky guy at all. To me he comes across as hard working, humble, but also confident. So far I've be very impressed... Now here's hoping he can play ball!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 pm

yep yep.. and thats what it is
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Postby rskin72 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:08 am

spenser wrote:While I agree he didn't necessarily need to send that out to vets like Fletcher, I don't have a problem with it at all. And knowing the consummate professional and leader Fletch is.... I would be surprised if he were upset with it. I'm sure he's pumped that he has someone with mad skill that WANTS to be great and wants to win. You think Jamarcus "Purple Drank" Russell was asking people why they grind and displaying a hunger to WIN? Yea, you don't want him to come across as a cocky know it all, but I think it's safe to say that RG3 is not a me first or cocky guy at all. To me he comes across as hard working, humble, but also confident. So far I've be very impressed... Now here's hoping he can play ball!


Well, I am not a twitter pro...and I do not watch Fallon (on too late at night) but I agree with your take, Spenser. Heck, Russell was probably to busy mixing the cough syrup martini's to bother to tweet anything. I would think that Fletcher would actually be EXCITED to see this from the rookie. RGIII has already become the face of this franchise...supplanting Orakpo, Kerrigan, Fletcher, and others. It seems like he is earning respect from the locker room for his work ethic and practice habits, and veterans are actually excited about the potential of this team.

It is difficult to keep my expectations for this season down when I read items like this.....but I still think that this will be more of a team learning/building season than a playoff season....but should be a far more EXCITING season than in recent past....
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:25 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:ok yall... a # = a hashtag... does no one watch Jimmy Fallon these days??


CBKR,
I don't think if people didn't know what the# sign was WRT twitter then they would have no idea what a hashtag is since it is a Twitter only used term.

I'm not on Twitter, so I had no idea what a hashtag was, but it came up enough on TV that I had to look it up.
As far ao can tell hashtag is something that was needed on Twitter when the search engine for it sucked so they developed a # to group tweets together. But now using # is no longer needed. Of course I don't tweet, and never will, but that is my understanding of a #.

WRT the RG3 tweets, if any very feels they are out of line I'm sure they will let the rookie know his place;)
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:33 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:ok yall... a # = a hashtag... does no one watch Jimmy Fallon these days??

I have no idea what that's got to do with anything. But, to answer your question - who the hell is Jimmy Fallon? Lol.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:47 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Haha! We're probably wasting our time trying to assign any great meaning to 140 characters of soundbite anyway. It might be best to assume that RGIII's teammates know him already, and will know his exact meaning.

This sort of over-anaylsis is exactly why I don't spend much time here during the offseason!


Alright mate,
I was gonna shout you up actually, we've got you boys in a pre-season friendly at your gaff on Aug 4th and a few of us are going, but the wife is going on a hen night that day so now I'm f***ed!

I'm gutted, really wanted to see the new stadium, could've met up for a pint as well if you're going.

You'll just have to get promoted now!

Hi mate. I'll send you a direct message re footie, so we don't take this thread completely off topic ;-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football