Dez Bryant arrested on domestic violence charge

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Off-the-field trouble appears to have found Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant once again.

The DeSoto (Texas) Police Department has confirmed to NFL.com and NFL Network that Bryant was arrested Saturday and charged with misdemeanor domestic violence.

Reached Monday by WFAA.com, Bryant said there had been an incident, but declined to go into further detail.

"I'm good, I'm good," he said.

Bryant's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, had no comment when reached by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

The arrest comes during the tail end of an offseason in which Bryant has managed to remain out of the headlines for non-football issues. Last year, he faced two lawsuits that sought in excess of $800,000 in unpaid bills. There was also an incident at a Dallas mall over low-hanging jeans worn by friends in his group. Bryant later apologized.

Bryant -- the Cowboys' first-round pick in the 2010 draft -- finished with more than 900 yards receiving and nine touchdowns in 2011. He recently raved about his physical conditioning heading into his third season, but any talk of his game has again found its way out of the conversation.

PFT
Fox 4 in Dallas reports that Bryant faces a Class A family violence charge and has already bonded out of jail. No further information is available about what transpired leading to Bryant’s arrest.

Bryant confirmed to WFAA in Dallas that there had been an incident, but he would not go into any details about what the incident was.

“I’m good, I’m good,” Bryant told the TV station.

Bryant is a very talented young receiver who has had some off-field red flags in the past, but none of those past red flags — ranging from NCAA eligibility issues to financial problems — had included an arrest. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who has been one of Bryant’s strongest supporters, will surely be extremely disappointed by this development.

Bryant boasted recently that he’s in phenomenal shape and quicker, stronger and faster than last year. But this is just the latest incident to raise questions about whether a failure to keep his head on straight off the field will prevent him from realizing his potential on the field.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I hope his lady is OK... i know cops are quick to arrest on DVs but if he did put hands on a female i hope he gets the book thrown at him.
Ya, hes a good wr, ya i hate the pukes... YES ill be glad if he gets suspended.. more then that tho if he doesnt get suspended but our Fred and Trent did from taking a lil toke then the system is seriously F'd up. Smoking- realxing, and chillin vs drinking? and ruffing up women? suspend this prick for a season
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:09 am

LOCK HIM UP, THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 am

Class A misdemeanor domestic violence is apparently given when there is a sign of physical abuse on the victim.

Stand up guy.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Ummm, reportedly it was his MOTHER that was the victim

:shock:

For me, that's even worse.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:10 pm

emoses14 wrote:Ummm, reportedly it was his MOTHER that was the victim

:shock:

For me, that's even worse.

It is not clear to what extent Bryant’s mother was injured, although she did not need to be taken to the hospital. The police report says Bryant slapped his mother’s face with a baseball cap and pulled her hair. Some reports have said the incident between Bryant and his mother began as a fight between Bryant and his half brother, but Smith said he doesn’t know why Bryant and his family were fighting.

“Whatever led to it is really not an issue for us,” Smith said. “We have an injured person. We have a suspect. We’re going to move forward.”

If convicted Bryant could serve up to a year in jail. He could also be facing discipline for violating the NFL’s personal-conduct policy.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:43 pm

1niksder wrote:If convicted Bryant could serve up to a year in jail.

Yea flippin right.. :roll:

There is no way he's doing any jail time.

*.. Not @ you 1Niks, I know you got that from an article
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:02 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:09 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:16 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
1niksder wrote:If convicted Bryant could serve up to a year in jail.

Yea flippin right.. :roll:

There is no way he's doing any jail time.

*.. Not @ you 1Niks, I know you got that from an article

But to be fair, imprisoning someone for one year is a ridiculously disproportionate punishment for the crime.

Oh, now look . . . you guys just made me defend a . . . a . . . :puke:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Well I think she had it coming

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Daaaang mississippiskinsfan u r to much man!
-or did she have it coming.... For ninging him into the world? Lol
Pulled his moms hair? wtf are you kidding me? Whata *smack section*
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:20 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Daaaang mississippiskinsfan u r to much man!
-or did she have it coming.... For ninging him into the world? Lol
Pulled his moms hair? wtf are you kidding me? Whata *smack section*

Lol Someone should have told her that momas shouldnt let their babies grow up to be cowboys :lol:

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:25 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Update:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... tting-her/

Police in DeSoto, Texas, said today that Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant grabbed his mother’s hair and hit her before he was arrested and charged with misdemeanor family violence.

“It’s pretty straightforward,” DeSoto Police Captain Ron Smith said, via the Star-Telegram. “He and his mom got in an argument. It’s physical. She got some injuries. We made the arrest.”

It is not clear to what extent Bryant’s mother was injured, although she did not need to be taken to the hospital. The police report says Bryant slapped his mother’s face with a baseball cap and pulled her hair. Some reports have said the incident between Bryant and his mother began as a fight between Bryant and his half brother, but Smith said he doesn’t know why Bryant and his family were fighting.

“Whatever led to it is really not an issue for us,” Smith said. “We have an injured person. We have a suspect. We’re going to move forward.”

If convicted Bryant could serve up to a year in jail. He could also be facing discipline for violating the NFL’s personal-conduct policy.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Return to Around the League