Dez Bryant arrested on domestic violence charge

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:19 pm

So basically she won't press charges, the state will.. he will get a great lawyer and plea down to 40hrs community service in which he will count as signing autographs and going w teammates to the local HS... Of course that will be next year in which case Godahell will first the details and suspend him for 2 games...
Good thing he wasn't smokin a little pot like all the real hardened criminals out there
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby yupchagee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:03 pm

What kind of excuse of a man resorts to hair pulling when fighting a woman?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:10 pm

yupchagee wrote:What kind of excuse of a man resorts to hair pulling when fighting a woman?

That's also his mother
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 pm

yupchagee wrote:What kind of excuse of a man resorts to hair pulling when fighting a woman?

Another woman.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:50 pm

"A witness also observed 'scratching, slapping, and shirt-shredding.'"

:lol:

Is Dez short for Dezerea?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:22 pm

The Star-Telegram article wrote:"Babe, I can't keep letting him do this... ... I can't let him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today,” the 37–year-old woman can be heard telling someone else in the room during her call to 911.

:shock: Wow. Evidently beating up his mother is a regular and common practice for this jerk. What a piece of crap this guy is. I don't care what the reason or circumstance, putting your hands on any woman, especially your own mother, is one of the most despicable things any man could ever do. I seriously don't care what achievements this guy ever accomplishes in this sport, he'll never gain any respect whatsoever from me. What a loser... :roll:

Well, at least his off-the-field behavior is rather befitting considering the team he plays for. Not that I believe his team condones that type of behavior, but it's not overwhelmingly surprising considering the history of an extremely low-threshold of importance placed on character for those players invited to play for ttiT. This is an example of why I'm very pleased Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen have placed such a high priority on only targeting players with high moral character.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Love that avatar skinsfreak... Damn... R u in the avatar battle in the lounge?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:47 am

He must have eaten at Poor Melvin's in Irving Texas before this incident. Their slogan. "Our food is so good that it will make you slap your momma."
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:19 am

Which is not surprising, considering his home life. Dez's mother was 14 when he was born and later spent 18 months in prison for drug trafficking. Dez often went house to house to sleep. Middlebrook said the story around the athletic department was that Dez in Lufkin would sleep in his clothes, because he often had to move in the middle of the night.

“He didn't have any kind of family support,” the Lufkin teacher said. “Lived with all kinds of different people. He just never had anybody stable in his life. When these kids go off to college, or when they get drafted, they take that with them.”

http://newsok.com/dallas-cowboys-sometimes-dez-bryant-cant-help-but-make-wrong-decisions/article/3693531#ixzz211nbAQvh

When I saw what happened, I knew that his relationship with his "mother" couldn't have been normal. Does it excuse his actions? No. Should have have shown more restraint? Yep. But clearly that motherly dynamic isn't there.

As someone who isn't close to his mother, although not to the degree of this situation, I can understand how he may not hold her to the high regard that most people do. I've had people question the dynamics between my mother and I. But you can't understand it looking from the outside in. My GF gave me tons of grief for how I acted towards my mother until she got closer to me and saw it for herself.

#shrug

It's a sad situation, I can't judge him. I'm sure you guys will pick up my slack though lmao.

Lastly, anyone who fails to comprehend my post and takes it as me excusing/condoning the physical assualt will be promptly ignored/mocked.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:23 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:When I saw what happened, I knew that his relationship with his "mother" couldn't have been normal. Does it excuse his actions? No. Should have have shown more restraint? Yep. But clearly that motherly dynamic isn't there.

As someone who isn't close to his mother, although not to the degree of this situation, I can understand how he may not hold her to the high regard that most people do. I've had people question the dynamics between my mother and I. But you can't understand it looking from the outside in. My GF gave me tons of grief for how I acted towards my mother until she got closer to me and saw it for herself.

#shrug

It's a sad situation, I can't judge him. I'm sure you guys will pick up my slack though lmao.

Lastly, anyone who fails to comprehend my post and takes it as me excusing/condoning the physical assualt will be promptly ignored/mocked.

Very very very good post my friend. You're right, I can not judge you or your situation as I was never in a similar/same thing.

.. and oh yes, we'll pick up the slack for sure my brutha!! :lol:

Now.. has that women beater been locked up yet????
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Very very very good post my friend. You're right, I can not judge you or your situation as I was never in a similar/same thing.

.. and oh yes, we'll pick up the slack for sure my brutha!! :lol:

Now.. has that women beater been locked up yet????

LOLOL

As it pertains to the Dallas Cowgirls and this fictional reality in which we revel in on Sundays, I'm elated that it'll decrease their effectiveness.

As it pertains to Dez the human being, I'm saddened for him and hope that he can take responsibility in ensuring that his future is positive. It has to be jarring to have a mother who is only 14 years your senior and wasn't an active participant in your life. Truly, she's not his mother in the sense that most of us recognize but more so just another female.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:33 am

I feel badly for Dez Bryant. I agree with CLL that his background does not excuse his behavior, but I can only imagine how difficult his childhood must have been. A lot of kids get to spend that time playing with friends and coming home to dinner, a warm bed, and a mother/father that love them. I'm sure that even millions of dollars can't make up for the scars his childhood must have left him with.

Still . . . regardless of whether you love her or hate her or she loves or hates you, a man only gets one mother. Not that it needed to be said.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:54 am

Irn-Bru wrote:a man only gets one mother. Not that it needed to be said.

True. But just cus you push a kid out doesn't make you a mother... Not anymore than getting a woman pregnant makes you a father...

The biological aspect IMO doesn't garner you those "rights" that most parents get to operate within. People find that difficult to fathom with mothers, but they can be just as non-existant as a dead beat father.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:36 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:03 pm

1niksder wrote:Image

ROTFALMAO
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Around the League