Why not Do it Again....WRs.. Who stays - Who goes?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:37 pm

5 foot 7 my arse!!!

5 foot 5 more like.

But droping the short pass on him is something we need to look at, he could be great in screens and low risk passing plays. He can turn an average 4 or 5 yard gain type play into 10+.

His low centre of gravity and speed make him very elusive. I guess people are just scared to have him in there cos of his size, but we've seen what he can do with flea-flickers or reverse style plays, so if we can include him a lot more legitimately then it gives the defense something extra to worry about.

Next season a lot of teams will be focused on RGIII and what he will be doing, so using our new QB to preoccupy the defense would be a good idea. Going on a bootleg to the right 3 or 4 times and then the next time handing it to Banks on a reverse could be a BIG play for example, if RGIII has been effective then the defense will be sold long before the hand-off.

Man, next season has the potential to be SO exciting....
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Brandon's weakness is his weight. Where a player like Niles (pre TE conversion) could run through an arm tackle, that same impact will knock Banks over and/or totally disrupt his angle of attack.

I think he could be an asset and would have had a larger impact if our ST guys could stop holding and blocking in the back...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:01 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Brandon's weakness is his weight. Where a player like Niles (pre TE conversion) could run through an arm tackle, that same impact will knock Banks over and/or totally disrupt his angle of attack.

I think he could be an asset and would have had a larger impact if our ST guys could stop holding and blocking in the back...
Ok.. all yellow flags aside BB is the rookie of the year before Ryan. Agreed? No need its set.
NOW he creates concern for defenders = winning! Ya ya Niles MIGHT get through "arm" tackles... THAT BB gets AROUND! Shifty + #speedkills my Brotha!
HTTR
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby Richard Grayson » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm actually a 9er fan but I wanted to chime in about Josh(ua) Morgan. He never had a big season with us (battled with injuries/sickness his rookie season and was poised to break out in 2011 before going on IR) but he left the 9ers as their best receiver. I would take him over Crabtree any day of the week. He was a very reliable/sure-handed receiver and learned a few knacks from Isaac Bruce from when he was with us -- he seems to always be open when the play breaks down. Was never a "go up and get it" type of receiver but shows strength in fighting for YAC. He definitely was developing a rapport with Alex Smith who seems uncomfortable throwing to Crabtree and Ginn who notoriously tipped several balls to defenders (intercepted after being deflected off their stone hands) in 2010.

I'm pretty sure Morgan was leading the team in receiving yards before he went on IR last season. He's a hard worker and is very humble and I was very saddened that we couldn't keep him. Probably will never be a #1 but is a very solid #2 guy. I'm certain he'd still be a starter with us even with Moss/Crabtree/Manningham/etc -- all three being top 12 in drops in the last 3 years..
Last edited by Richard Grayson on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:10 pm

My dawg! I've been tryn to tell everyone how sad actual miner fans are that they lost him... YES he was the leading receiver but @ week four some people won't give props where props are due.
Needless to say I'm glad he is back home and wearing the b&g... Had your coach nursed the 30+ point lead vs going deep and resulting in his breaking of leg bones he might still be a niner....

For what its worth, and yet to he discovered I for one am glad he is NOT.

HTTR
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:17 pm

Richard Grayson wrote:I'm actually a 9er fan but I wanted to chime in about Josh(ua) Morgan. He never had a big season with us (battled with injuries/sickness his rookie season and then when was poised to break out in 2011 before going on IR) but he left the 9ers as their best receiver. I would take him over Crabtree any day of the week. He was a very reliable/sure-handed receiver and learned a few knacks from Isaac Bruce from when he was with us -- he seems to always be open when the play breaks down. Was never a "go up and get it" type of receiver but shows strength in fighting for YAC. He definitely was developing a rapport with Alex Smith who seems uncomfortable throwing to Crabtree and Ginn who notoriously tipped several balls to defenders (intercepted after being deflected off their stone hands) in 2010.

I'm pretty sure Morgan was leading the team in receiving yards before he went on IR last season. He's a hard worker and is very humble and I was very saddened that we couldn't keep him. Probably will never be a #1 but is a very solid #2 guy. I'm certain he'd still be a starter with us even with Moss/Crabtree/Manningham/etc -- all three being top 12 in drops in the last 3 years..

Thank you for your imput. YAC is one of the main reasons, Shanahan wanted him. Somewhere on this thread. I posted an article quoting Harbaugh saying that signing Morgan was a priority. Puzzled as to why it didn't happen, but glad that we have him.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:28 pm

It's early - It's one sportswriter's opinion, but Brandon is looking like a wideout.

Brandon Banks looks to be the day one favorite for the sixth wide receiver competition (if that means anything). Right now the order goes; Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Armstrong, Banks. Aldrick Robinson is the guy on the outside, looking in. And he might not be "looking" for long.

http://www.redskins101.com/2012/07/26/w ... tands-out/

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:01 am

Rich Tandler, who has already written Banks off as a wideout says:
—Brandon Banks just doesn’t look natural catching passes. He lets too many get into his pads, which is understandable since his arms are on the short side. But that’s not the way to work your way into the wide receiver rotation.

Compare that to the Redskin101.com writer above. IMO that is a weak criticism. How about Banks dropping passes or even running poor routes. Anybody who has scouted Banks knows that he is a "catch the ball with your hands" wideout. Thus Shanny says that he has good hands. Excuse me, "very good" hands. Looks like Rich is trying to invent stuff to support his case.

IT's Banks 6th spot to lose.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:38 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I think he could be an asset and would have had a larger impact if our ST guys could stop holding and blocking in the back...
Ok.. all yellow flags aside BB is the rookie of the year before Ryan. Agreed? No need its set.
NOW he creates concern for defenders = winning! Ya ya Niles MIGHT get through "arm" tackles... THAT BB gets AROUND! Shifty + #speedkills my Brotha!
HTTR[/quote]

I don't dislike BB and feel that he's an asset. But his "game" is not perfect and his weight is a weakness. Obivously he is aware of that I believe that he put some extra bulk on for the season.

It's rare that you'll go untouched during kickoffs/punts and he's going to have to be able to get through an arm tackle or two.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:49 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:I think he could be an asset and would have had a larger impact if our ST guys could stop holding and blocking in the back...
HTTR

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
I don't dislike BB and feel that he's an asset. But his "game" is not perfect and his weight is a weakness. Obivously he is aware of that I believe that he put some extra bulk on for the season.

It's rare that you'll go untouched during kickoffs/punts and he's going to have to be able to get through an arm tackle or two.

I am a big BB supporter, but I have to admit that size does matter in this league. I agree with you, BB is very aware of the challenge he faces. He cannot afford to make any mistakes especially cough up the ball.
Last edited by Red_One43 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:10 am

If BB was cut this year I wouldn't even notice he was gone.

Thats how much of an impact he has on the team.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:53 am

I fixed that for you... 8)

Edited ATX_Skins wrote:If BB was cut this year I wouldn't even notice he was gone.

That's how much of an impact he's been allowed to have on the team due to boneheaded mistakes by his teammates.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:08 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I fixed that for you... 8)

Edited ATX_Skins wrote:If BB was cut this year I wouldn't even notice he was gone.

That's how much of an impact he's been.

No, I meant what I said.

I have never been a fan of him. I'd rather open a roster spot for a player that can contribute more. We had this same conversation last year.

I like him even less than Cartwrite, and I couldn't stand that guy.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:21 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:I have never been a fan of him.

That's fine if you don't like personally, you're entitled to those feelings.

However, if we deal with the facts. He has been productive and has produced TD caliber returns. Only to have them negated by boneheaded teammates, which is something that he has zero control over. Do I think that he's worth a roster spot, I agree that it could be possibly better suited for another player. It's entirely debatable! However, you cannot take away his ability to produce because of your feelings.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Why is Aldrick more deserving? Has he ever seen the endzone?
BB pass to 'raja for six...
The reverse for six but called back not BBs fault
I think 2 or more ko/ punts called back right?
And in the top three for return average w the likes of Hester.. and this kid doesn't deserve a spot?! Wow, who does then?

I know your a diehard BB Hater atx, and I remember the thread last preseason, so I won't try to change your mind w stats plays facts etc.. but can u support your claim for using the roster spot on someone else?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football