Becoming a Redskin: RGIII's journey

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:44 pm

If he proves to be the real deal on the playing field... he will become a marketing machine the likes of which have not been seen since Air Jordan... with the exception of professional haters, there seems to be no one who does not like this young man.

Catchy slogan ("Bo knows <insert noun here>".... "I wanna be like Mike") to follow...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:09 am

Red_One43 wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:With the 2nd overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft RG3 selects the Redskins :rock:

+1

I made the wifey read that.. she even smiled, a once in a sportstime smile.. that means we are bound to win and win a lot!

So who is this number one drafted Andy kid again?? So not an rgiii huh?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:24 am

Red_One43 wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:With the 2nd overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft RG3 selects the Redskins :rock:

+1

I made the wifey read that.. she even smiled, a once in a sportstime smile.. that means we are bound to win and win a lot!

So who is this number one drafted Andy kid again?? So not an rgiii huh?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

swine

Postby masterkwon » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Before they start sculpting a bust and tailoring a gold HOF jacket, it would probably be a good idea to let Robert Griffin get some games, actually seasons, under his belt before anointing him savior of the team. There's certainly hope, and expectations, he can make this a consistent five hundred team, but we have to remember there is gonna be a learning curve and alot of growing pains.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:15 pm

masterkwon wrote:Before they start sculpting a bust and tailoring a gold HOF jacket, it would probably be a good idea to let Robert Griffin get some games, actually seasons, under his belt before anointing him savior of the team. There's certainly hope, and expectations, he can make this a consistent five hundred team, but we have to remember there is gonna be a learning curve and alot of growing pains.

GOOD POST !!!!!!!!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:35 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:GOOD POST !!!!!!!!!!

Good for a troll? :hmm:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:46 pm

masterkwon wrote:Before they start sculpting a bust and tailoring a gold HOF jacket, it would probably be a good idea to let Robert Griffin get some games, actually seasons, under his belt before anointing him savior of the team. There's certainly hope, and expectations, he can make this a consistent five hundred team, but we have to remember there is gonna be a learning curve and alot of growing pains.

And next week if he gets in a car accident that paralyzes him he'll never play in the NFL, and if he just gives up and stops studying/learning/working hard his talent won't mean squat, etc. etc. Neither of us are saying anything interesting at the moment. If you can show me where I (or anyone else here) said this kid is already in the HoF, then maybe we can start taking these kinds of precautions seriously. Otherwise they are an unnecessary and unhelpful interjection in the thread.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:GOOD POST !!!!!!!!!!

Good for a troll? :hmm:

So someone can't speak the truth in here? Since when?

Funny though, I've said similar regarding RG3 and how I can't stand how his face is everywhere on TV during the off-season and how he played at Baylor so I'm skeptical because of his competition while there and if he played the same way in SEC country I'd be ALL ABOARD.. no one bashed me for it.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:52 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:no one bashed me for it.

That's because you aren't a troll. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Deadskins wrote:

:lol:

Changes nothing... right now he's all hype until I see otherwise.. and believe me, I'm PRAYING this kid lives up to it but at least we got him a better WR corp with Morgan and Garcon.. hopefully they'll bump Hankerson to another planet. (CLL holla at meeeeeeeeee!!!)

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:02 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

:lol:

Changes nothing... right now he's all hype until I see otherwise.. and believe me, I'm PRAYING this kid lives up to it but at least we got him a better WR corp with Morgan and Garcon.. hopefully they'll bump Hankerson to another planet. (CLL holla at meeeeeeeeee!!!)

So then your position is that we say nothing, expect nothing and wait to discuss the signing of the Heisman Trophy winning quarterback that seems to say and do all the right things all the time, simply because the calendar hasn't progressed far enough to get to a live game. He's not hype until you see otherwise. He's promise because he literally hasn't had a chance to play.

Raining on other's parade's who choose to look at what he has done and project based on their life experiences and understanding of what it takes to make is not hype, its conversation. Come on, LPJ, I know you know all of this already and I get that you are guarding against the disappointment we've had around here in the past by hedging the way you are, but honestly, what in the sam hell are we supposed to talk about on July 24th?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Exactly. It's not like RGIII's college work, pro day, combine performance, work ethic, rookie mini camp, attitude, etc. etc. etc. are irrelevant to his performance come this fall. It's reasonable to extract from his past and present that good things could be coming in the future. Otherwise, why did we even have a draft? Just assign rookies randomly to teams, because until they play "it's all hype."
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

swine

Postby masterkwon » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:39 pm

Hooligan wrote:The team deserves it. The vets suffered years of mediocre play, but continued to fight. The younger guys are mostly hungry, character guys, and I like when they prevail.

We fans deserve it, because we've suffered as the team suffered, only for longer than most players' Redskins careers and without their salaries :(

Because SNYDER deserves it, finally. He did what he should have done long ago: get a legit GM/HC combo and sit back. He should reap the rewards for doing the right thing.

Can't wait!

If things were based on deserving then Washingotn and the rest of the lower echelon teams in the league would play more than 16 games.

The truth is the Little One is getting what he deserves. Never has there been an owner in sports who ran a franchsie into the ground quicker than Tiny did since taking over. Absolutely unprecedented!

So...as rebuilding year #21 approachs we continue to wait for change.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:48 pm

masterkwon wrote:So...as rebuilding year #21 approachs we continue to wait for change.

We haven't been rebuilding or in a "rebuilding" mode for 21 years.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:33 pm

I didn't realize The Danny bought the team 21 years ago. You learn something new every day!

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football