Lichtensteiger's knee scoped - What Shape is the O Line in?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:51 pm

Maybe lighter Jordan Black will be a better player than he has been

The Redskins signed the veteran offensive tackle Monday night, looking for insurance after injuries to guard Kory Lichtensteiger and tackle Jammal Brown. The problem for Black is adding weight. He said he weighs around 275 pounds and though he feels he could play in this system around 285 pounds.

However, Black said he’s embarked on a 7,000-calorie per day diet to add another 15 pounds.

Black says the Bears were going to sign him in 2011 him just before Cutler got hurt. I am intrigued that teams continue to go after this guy.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Mo Hurt
Guard Maurice Hurt, filling in for Kory Lichtensteiger, said he’s a different player this season after starting — games as a rookie in 2011. Hurt worked mostly at tackle until Lichtensteiger was sidelined. Lichtensteiger likely will miss the preseason after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery Monday.

But Hurt says don’t panic.

“Injuries are gonna occur and I don’t feel the fans should be worried,” he said. “We have enough capable guys to get it done.”

As for his own game, Hurt said he’s better at seeing, well, everything.

“Not one [thing] in particular, just being able to see things happen,” he said. “Last year things would happen and I react to them and now I can see certain things before they start to happen. I can adapt to them better. That just comes from experience.”

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:59 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Maybe lighter Jordan Black will be a better player than he has been

The Redskins signed the veteran offensive tackle Monday night, looking for insurance after injuries to guard Kory Lichtensteiger and tackle Jammal Brown. The problem for Black is adding weight. He said he weighs around 275 pounds and though he feels he could play in this system around 285 pounds.

However, Black said he’s embarked on a 7,000-calorie per day diet to add another 15 pounds.

Black says the Bears were going to sign him in 2011 him just before Cutler got hurt. I am intrigued that teams continue to go after this guy.

He won't make the final roster... he was a bum the last year down here, which is why he didn't play last year and was in the process of starting a business when the Skins called him. I think it's Hurt's job to lose and if he loses it, it'll be to Gettis
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Great news about Trent! Got to get that RT set because DeMarcus Ware will switch sides like he did last year.

You guys want to know who stood out in Washington Redskins practice today, and the easy answer for me is left tackle Trent Williams. The No. 4 overall pick in the 2010 draft, who missed the final four games of the 2011 season on a drug suspension, is impressing folks all over the building this month. Outside linebackers Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan are switching sides on certain plays this year, which means each is getting a turn trying to get past Williams. And they're not enjoying it very much.

"Trent's a beast," Kerrigan said. "I mean, we were just talking in the meeting room earlier today. He's having a phenomenal training camp and there's no reason why he can't be one of the top tackles in this league. He obviously has the talent, but I think this offseason he's really put his mind to it and gotten after it. What can you do against him? He's strong as an ox and quick as a cat. He's awesome."

Graziano

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:26 pm

We aren't the only ones looking for RTs. I guess Shanny was telling it like it is hen he said there are none out there, in free agent land, better than what we have (posted earlier on this thread).

The Jets weren’t taking a chance on Otah by accident. They want another choice at right tackle and they will likely keep turning over rocks in hopes of finding one.

Looks like we turned over a rock to find Black.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -a-tackle/

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:54 pm

John Keim:
I don’t know if there’s going to be a significant dropoff from Brown to Tyler Polumbus, considering the former was inconsistent and always playing injured. But there is a drop in the depth. And watching the backup tackles in action makes you realize why they signed Jordan Black. Maurice Hurt also is a backup tackle, but for now he’s starting at left guard.

However, James Lee has struggled mightily in camp. He’ll need to play a lot better – a lot better – to win a roster spot. Lee was routinely beaten in one-on-one work as well as full-team drills. Rookie Tom Compton has a ways to go, too. Realistically he’s a practice squad type. Nothing wrong with that considering he’s a sixth-round pick. As the Redskins saw last season it’s tough to rely on inexperienced backups.

Willie Smith must have been held out on these drills due to his sore knee.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/practice- ... le/2503693

Postby yupchagee » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Maybe lighter Jordan Black will be a better player than he has been

Lighter Jordan Black :?: Does that make him Jordan Gray :?:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:14 pm

yupchagee wrote:

Lighter Jordan Black :?: Does that make him Jordan Gray :?:

:lol:

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Redskins sign OL Moll

The Redskins signed veteran offensive lineman Tony Moll on Saturday to bolster an offensive line that’s been besieged by injuries a week into training camp.

Mike Shanahan said after practice that Moll will work at guard

Moll, a 6 foot 5, 315-pounder who has also played tackle, has made 22 starts in a six season NFL career that’s made stops in Green Bay, Baltimore and San Diego.

Moll appeared in three games for the Chargers last season, including one start.

The Redskins had an opening on the 90-man training camp roster after placing Kentwan Balmer on the left training camp/reserve list.

The team needed to bolster its offensive line depth after losing Kory Lichtensteiger and Jammal Brown to injury.

Moll was on the field in uniform today but he could not fully participate in practice due to CBA rules.

Lichtensteiger will be sidelined for the remainder of training camp after undergoing a second surgical procedure on his right knee.

Brown is out indefinitely while rehabbing an ailing left hip that landed him on the physically unable to perform list before camp opened.
Last edited by 1niksder on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Snout » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:28 am

The o-Line hasn't looked this bad since Marty Shottenheimer's year in Washington, when during the preseason everyone said it was the team's achilles heel. But it turned out that the o-line was the strongest unit that year. They surprised everyone. Hopefully the same will happen again this year.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:42 am

Snout wrote:The o-Line hasn't looked this bad since Marty Shottenheimer's year in Washington, when during the preseason everyone said it was the team's achilles heel. But it turned out that the o-line was the strongest unit that year. They surprised everyone. Hopefully the same will happen again this year.

Actually, it was worse last year.... More starters were hurt and/or suspended. Last years fill-ins, are again filling in and with half a seasons experience under their belts. LG, is only temporarily an issue. I don't see how it's worse.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:21 am

I think we've got some real question marks on the line this year, but there's no way it will be as bad as it was in Zorn's second year here. I think that could very well might have been the worst line in the NFL that year. Our current mediocre line is at least something to build on.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Snout wrote:The o-Line hasn't looked this bad since Marty Shottenheimer's year in Washington, when during the preseason everyone said it was the team's achilles heel. But it turned out that the o-line was the strongest unit that year. They surprised everyone. Hopefully the same will happen again this year.

Hopes and nuts are like candy and nuts...isn't that how that goes?
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Better be hoping J. Brown gets over thr hip injury.

O-line is a big ???????

I will be watching thursday night to see if the line gets pushed and man handled like reports from camp say so far.

I
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

swine

Postby masterkwon » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:32 pm

The O-line is mediocre at best, no better than the line that ended Patrick Ramsey's career. Kid spent more time on his back than Snooki and left Washington absolutely shell shocked.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football