Lichtensteiger's knee scoped - What Shape is the O Line in?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Chris Chester sustained a mild left ankle sprain early in the Washington Redskins’ practice Monday, and head coach Mike Shanahan said he’s uncertain whether the right guard can play Thursday at Buffalo.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:52 pm

1niksder wrote:Chris Chester sustained a mild left ankle sprain early in the Washington Redskins’ practice Monday, and head coach Mike Shanahan said he’s uncertain whether the right guard can play Thursday at Buffalo.

More playing time for the back ups.....going to need it.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:41 pm

masterkwon wrote:The O-line is mediocre at best, no better than the line that ended Patrick Ramsey's career. Kid spent more time on his back than Snooki and left Washington absolutely shell shocked.

The problem in 2003 was our head coach and the college-level blocking schemes he brought with him to the NFL. They were running blitz pickup schemes that didn't get the job done. No line with Chris Samuels and Jon Jansen (both in their prime) as bookends and Randy Thomas and Derrick Dockery at guard can really be said to lack talent.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:31 am

Redskins sign OL Chris Campbell

The Redskins announced that they have signed free agent offensive lineman Chris Campbell.

To make room for Campbell on the roster, the Redskins waived/injured rookie free agent receiver Darius Hanks.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 am

1niksder wrote:the Redskins waived/injured rookie free agent receiver Darius Hanks.

Who? :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:50 am

Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:the Redskins waived/injured rookie free agent receiver Darius Hanks.

Who? :lol:

6'0" 185lbs un-drafted rookie they signed and he's been limping since he got there
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Who figures to start along o-line this Saturday?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:01 pm

I think we'll know tomorrow.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:07 am

frankcal20 wrote:I think we'll know tomorrow.

For sure we'll know on Saturday.

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm

1niksder wrote:Chris Chester sustained a mild left ankle sprain early in the Washington Redskins’ practice Monday, and head coach Mike Shanahan said he’s uncertain whether the right guard can play Thursday at Buffalo.

Shanahan says Trent Williams and Maurice Hurt should be able to go, Chris Chester sounds unlikely for Bears game
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Shanahan says Trent Williams and Maurice Hurt should be able to go, Chris Chester sounds unlikely for Bears game
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Chris Chester hurt himself the first day back?
Smfh
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:29 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Chris Chester hurt himself the first day back?
Smfh

That quote does say "Monday," but it is talking about the one before the Buffalo game.
1nnik is giving an update saying he most likely won't play in the Bears game.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:43 am

Our O-line is going to be a problem. Last night they got exposed. Trent Williams is the only lineman who is worth anything. I really wish that Shanahan had done more to address the line in free agency.

They're going to be a major problem this season, again. That makes me nervous with a rookie QB under center.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 am

Our OL IS ABSOLUTELY going to be a problem this year --- and is going to be this seasons downfall. An offense will only go as far as the OL will take it. Want to know why we sign offensive players, they come here and stink up the place -- then go elsewhere and light it up -- it's the opportunities a good OL creates. Their ripple effect flows to every player on the offense (and an arguement can be made for defense).

RGIII was scrambling for his life in a PRE-SEASON game. We can't have this. I am very fearful that we may create a Patrick Ramsey issue....

Why this franchise has COMPLETELY OVERLOOKED the OL position for close to a DECADE is beyond me. The OL is EASILY the most important group of players on the field (in that their play affects all offensive positions -- the QB position is the only other than can say the same; however the OL has more effect on the QB than vice versa, IMHO). Without a solid OL, an offense lacks the ability to properly execute plays.

The OL is without question the most injured position in the NFL, so depth is paramount -- yet we have none. Injuries have constantly plagued this team, yet every year we think we'll "be fine" --- which never works out.

I screamed about this for years including in the beginning of this season -- and will continue to do so. The skins need 3 additional "solid" OL before they can be a contender. Until this is done, we will be at best an 8-8 team.

It's nice to see that we now have seemingly 2 solid young QBs. I am REALLY exicted about that. HOWEVER, until they have adequate protection, we will not see the benefits. This is the sad truth.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football