Kerrigan expects big second-year jump

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Kerrigan expects big second-year jump

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 am

Kerrigan expects big second-year jump By Dan Graziano

I promised you more from the time I spent at Washington Redskins training camp earlier this week, and I keep my promises. As long as Camp Confidential was, there were things I learned from watching and interviewing people that weren't addressed in there. So over the coming days, I plan to offer a few more posts based on my own reporting from Redskins camp, on a variety of topics. I hope you enjoy.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Fixed your link, rook...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks for the (fixed) link. I am really looking forward to seeing how our dynamic duo of olb's function this season. Along with an improved defensive center with jenkins.....and another year of playing in same system....think that rak and kerrigan will assert themselves this season and show they are in the elite category. At least, that is my hope.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Countertrey wrote:Fixed your link, rook...

We all need TC sometimes....

I've posted bad links for about a week, I do catch most of them... :(
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:41 pm

I expect a big year from him too for obvious reasons...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:11 pm

i wonder if rak will get the bump this year with kerrigan drawing a little more attention?
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:34 pm

gay4pacman wrote:i wonder if rak will get the bump this year with kerrigan drawing a little more attention?

I'm thinking that's going to continue to work the other way around. Either way, it means more sacks/pressure for the team.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am

I hope getting Jenkins into the rotation will be a bump up for both. If he returns to the form he showed prior to the injury, he should be very disruptive to runs and rollouts, freeing the olbs to rush harder and be less vulnerable in the run game. It seemed like Rak got burned quite a bit in the run game last year.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:59 am

I expect 12 plus sacks each from our bookends. I expect a total of at least forty QB sacks. To me Kerrigan will end up being the better of the two. Unless Rack decides to add some more moves and some discipline on his outside contain.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:38 am

Check! Let's hear it for a third year bump.

Ryan Kerrigan - LB - Redskins

According to Pro Football Focus, Ryan Kerrigan led all 3-4 outside linebackers in quarterback hurries with 50 last season.

Kerrigan terrorized opposing quarterbacks even though pass-rushing partner Brian Orakpo played in just two games. So Kerrigan saw increased offensive attention. He racked up 8.5 sacks, 54 tackles, one interception, two forced fumbles and eight pass breakups. Kerrigan will see more single blocks this year.

Source: CSN Washington Jul 2 - 10:47 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:55 am

John Keim joined the post earlier this month, and I'm glad for it. I've always found his analysis over at the dying Examiner to be really good.

The following is from his position by position review of linebackers (Link). Pertinent portions:

2) Will Brian Orakpo stay healthy? He said his left arm is feeling great after tearing his pec twice in the last 18 months. But he’ll still have to prove he can survive training camp (let alone the season).The tough part is playing on the right side and having to take on blockers straight up, he often must reach out with his left arm to tackle runners cutting to the inside. Orakpo’s presence is vital to the pass rush; maybe his sack totals aren’t elite, but nobody else on the roster makes others around him better the way he does.

What to watch for: Ryan Kerrigan’s pass rush. Last season, Kerrigan did not develop as a rusher the way he and others thought he might. Kerrigan recorded 8.5 sacks, but the bulk of them occurred when he was either rushing from another spot or to the inside, against a guard, rather than against a right tackle. It will help having Orakpo back to collapse the pocket on the other side and draw more double teams, though it’s incorrect to think Kerrigan’s sack total was only impacted by facing extra blockers. But what also will help is Kerrigan taking a better path to the quarterback. He said after the season that he was too cautious at times – heading too straight upfield — wanting to keep the quarterback contained rather than taking a more aggressive approach turning the corner, or working back inside. For Kerrigan to take the so-called next step he’ll have to improve in this area and better learn to counter when tackles take away his favored rip move.

Emphasis is mine.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 am

1niksder wrote:We all need TC sometimes....

I expect this guy to NOT post bad links by our bye week.

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
1niksder wrote:We all need TC sometimes....

I expect this guy to NOT post bad links by our bye week.

:lol:
Please don't hold your breath... but, feel free to loudly point out any errors on his part. :twisted:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:04 pm

HarleyHog wrote:I hope getting Jenkins into the rotation will be a bump up for both. If he returns to the form he showed prior to the injury, he should be very disruptive to runs and rollouts, freeing the olbs to rush harder and be less vulnerable in the run game. It seemed like Rak got burned quite a bit in the run game last year.

And just how many games did you see Orakpo play in last season? :twisted:
Hail to the Redskins

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:10 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
HarleyHog wrote:I hope getting Jenkins into the rotation will be a bump up for both. If he returns to the form he showed prior to the injury, he should be very disruptive to runs and rollouts, freeing the olbs to rush harder and be less vulnerable in the run game. It seemed like Rak got burned quite a bit in the run game last year.

And just how many games did you see Orakpo play in last season? :twisted:

:lol: :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football