Toe in the water

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Postby 34andcounting » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Redskins 34 saints 24, RG3 3TD PASSING, 1 RUNNING, GANO FG, SPECIAL TEAM SCORE. if u don't believe who will.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:52 pm

SkinsJock wrote:RGIII is going to become a great QB - this team will be more competitive - we might win 8 and maybe even as many as 10 games this year

not sure the rest of the team is ready to go but the play from the QB will be markedly better than we've seen here for a long while

beating the Saints in the first game will be easier than beating the Giants in two games that they absolutely wanted to win last year :D
no team wants to start their season with a loss AND at 6-6 the Giants certainly did not want to go to 6-7

Good points.. everything at camp right.now is preparing for the saints, NOT the bills on Thursday. Deciding the roster all of it is gearing towards week one
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:16 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Ok ATX.. let me give you 1 single reason that they'll continue to pass the ball and maybe even moreso.

Their defense sucks. Also with the Vilma situation, that defense sucks a little more. What does defense have to do with it? Well they won't be able to stop teams from scoring and running the ball won't get them points.. launching that sucker down the field will get them those points.

Falcons- can run up the score
Panthers- can run up the score
Bucs- weeeeeeeell, they almost did a rebuild so that's a wait and see.

..but I think you get my point bro. :lol:

Either way though, I hope my fellow Skins fans don't think like you and sleep on these Saints.. they are still dangerous and actually probably even more because they have a serious chip on their shoulders and Drew has something to prove.

LET'S GO SKINS!!!!

How do you keep your own defense off the field? Cam off the field? Falcons and Julio Jones? Clock management right? They will be running, more than you think.

I'm not sleeping on the Saints, but they have a beast backfield that will get lots of work this year.

I don't disagree that the Saints have a good back field but sadly the NFL has become a pass happy league . Brees,Rodgers,Brady, Manning all show what the NFL is today and why we need RG3so Badly . I can buy the Saints might run thr ball a lot until Brees get back in rythm with the WR but it wont last long
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:57 pm

SkinsJock wrote:RGIII is going to become a great QB - this team will be more competitive - we might win 8 and maybe even as many as 10 games this year

ok David Koresh.

they "might" win 8 and maybe "even" as many ad 10, huh. boy, you really covered yourself from going out on a limb. your words are bubble wrapped.

you've allowed for the consideration that they can win any number of games under 8 ("we might win 8"), they could get to . 500, and they might even win double digits.

what's your weather prediction foe tomorrow? let me guess, it might rain or it might b sunny. there could be some wind, but there's a chance of straight humidity.

I don't mince words like fans do of a team that let's them down every year: they're a 7 win team, little progress will be made. still a bottom feeder.

not sure the rest of the team is ready to go but the play from the QB will be markedly better than we've seen here for a long while

all determined before q guy has ever even thrown an NFL pass. let me tell you, EVEN if he lives up to your expectations out of the gate in year one (and he better, he only cost the redskins the most value in draft picks in NFL HIsTORY) , I'd still give you no credit for this prediction. because it's not based on logic, it's based on your wishes/hope.

beating the Saints in the first game will be easier than

says the fan of the team that has won 11 games in the past two years combined.........yeah, you're right, sittin back and and talk in bout easy wins is what redskin fans should be doing right now.

how typical. it's preseason. YOUR season.

beating the Giants in two games that they absolutely wanted to win last year :D

god, how long are you people going to ride those two games??? is there anything else, anything at all, you cam brag about???

are we going to hear about Washington beating the giants for the next ten years because it was obvious that this was your Super Bowls?

how come you never mentioned the other wins last year? the rams, cards, and seahawks? oh yeah right, cuz no one cares. keep holding onto your teams only accomplishment...it obviously matters a lot more to you than , say, a giants fan who's team won the super bowl. again. "Washington who?? oh yeah, I know them, yeah, I don't care..."

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:29 am

Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:55 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Image

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA... THAT'S MY DOG! OK WELL NOT MY DOG, BUT SASHA IS A BLACK LAB THOUGH.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:41 pm

I think it will be VERY difficult to win our first game against the Saints --- it will be RGIIIs first game and it is away. Lets get real here. The Saints have a very big chip on their shoulder.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:56 pm

The skins don't have a chip in there shoulder, nor something to prove even MORE then the saints? I hope they think the same, I can guarantee the SKINS want it MORE then the saints. Bank it
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby yupchagee » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:18 pm

markshark84 wrote:I think it will be VERY difficult to win our first game against the Saints --- it will be RGIIIs first game and it is away. Lets get real here. The Saints have a very big chip on their shoulder.

The saints are without their DC. They don't even know who will be head coach to start the season.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 am

EVERY game will be tough to win for this group but ....

we are going to be seeing a group that is clearly improved over what we saw last season

these coaches and players will give us a lot to be excited about again
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby the poster » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:55 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:The skins don't have a chip in there shoulder, nor something to prove even MORE then the saints?

no, they don't. have you followed the nfl at all this offseason outside of washington?

I can guarantee the SKINS want it MORE then the saints. Bank it

no one can "guarantee" something like that.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:59 pm

*smack*

JSPB22

Re: Toe in the water

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:58 am

Badgerking Lives wrote:I have been lurking fior years so long that my original ID vanished along with a defunct email address but fear not I have been reading every day. I created a new ID do tip my toe in the water and ask how do you feel about the first game of the regular season.

Is it

A) We are rejuvinated and full or morale, let by a star QB we will crush the shattered and coachless Saints and in doing so the whole media world will say "well they were bound to win that one! poor Saints"

or

B) Stung and full of bitterness the coachless Saints tear the nacent Redskins apart and shatter our rose tinted glasses and in doing so the whole media will say "the Saints rise against all the odds to crush Snyder's dream"

This game is already keeping me up at night so I though to pose it to wise chaps. It seems the media hates us and when we win we cannot win!

A. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football