Training Camp Daily Report Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:14 am

BANKS!!!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:48 am

I think I'm almost as excited to see Banks play as RG3. Go, little man, go!
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:02 pm

PulpExposure wrote:Thanks for this, Red_One. I appreciate the effort you're putting in to keep us updated with these links.

+1

I said it before and I'll say it again:

:hail:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Wonder what's up with Jarvis Jenkins. In the reports, it sounds as if he isn't as explosive. Just takes some time to fully recover I hope.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:Thanks for this, Red_One. I appreciate the effort you're putting in to keep us updated with these links.

+1

I said it before and I'll say it again:

:hail:

+2 One-stop shop for training camp info. Much thanks.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Kyle talks about RGIII and other offensive players

“I have been really excited about Tristan [Davis]. That was really like the second day practice, because he had some injuries. He is a little behind the eight-ball in that he missed the first week of camp. But, like Helu, Tristan is fast ... So, you always want those guys out there. Tristan is just more getting experience with carries and stuff, so when he doesn’t have those looks he’s still getting those four yards, five yards not just zero yards.”

Wow! Kyle really likes this guy. What if he shines in the preseason games? Lokks like we have a a lot of committee members but no more room in the committee.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:29 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Wonder what's up with Jarvis Jenkins. In the reports, it sounds as if he isn't as explosive. Just takes some time to fully recover I hope.

Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett on:

Jarvis Jenkins: “He is healthy. He has no problem learning. I thought that all throughout OTA’s he struggled from the standpoint of staying on his feet. He was on the ground too much. I thought that at the start of camp he kind of started that way and then maybe last week he came out of it. To me, the last three days he has looked like himself last year. He really sprung off the ball. He is pushing off his leg and he is athletic. When you miss a year it is hard but I think he has worked through that. He has worked hard in the weight room and he has worked hard on the field. The last three days have been outstanding.”

Check out what Haslett has to say about other defensive players

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Rich Campbell on Jarvis Jenkins

At the very least, it’s ambitious at this point to assume Jenkins is going to be the force this season that he was last summer. It’s not a sure thing. Haslett and Burney expressed confidence that he’ll get there, but this is worth monitoring closely. The preseason games, starting with tonight against Buffalo, will be an interesting measure.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Rich_Tandler OL coach Foerster told me he is not taken the year 1 to year 2 jump expected. RT @stedman27: has Willie Smith Regressed from last year?!

This is not good coming from the line coach.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:56 pm

Here are my observations from Saturday’s Redskins practice, their first since playing their preseason opener in Buffalo. By Rich Tandler

—Trent Williams (bruised foot) and Jarvis Jenkins (flu) were not present. Morgan Trent (shoulder, knee) and Maurice Hurt (inflamed knee tendon) were riding the stationary bikes at the start of practice and observers for the rest of it.

—With previous injuries forcing other changes along the line, the first-team offensive line was, from left to right, Jordan Black, Josh LeRibeus, Will Montgomery, Adam Gettis, and Tyler Polumbus. Three of those players, Black and rookies LeRibeus and Gettis, had a combined zero games on NFL rosters in 2011.

—Alfred Morris had a good game on Thursday. Today he took a handoff, disappeared into a crowd and then popped into the open on the other side. He must have found a tunnel through there or something. He’ll probably keep the coaches awake at night trying to figure out a way to keep him on the roster.

—Dez Briscoe played on Thursday night but didn’t get targeted for a pass. But he continues to make a case for himself in practice. In a red zone drill he got to the back of a crowded end zone and caught a TD pass from Kirk Cousins. A good job by Cousins, too, who was able to find his receiver in the back of the crowd.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:51 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:35 pm

John Keim's Notes and Practice Report

No full practice report Saturday because the practice wasn’t much of one. They worked for nearly two hours, but in shells and at less intensity than normal – not a lot, but enough.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:34 am

Redskins.com 8/11 Practice Report

It was a big day for some of the unheralded players on offense, as receivers Dezmon Briscoe, Joshua Morgan, Aldrick Robinson, Samuel Kirkland and Niles Paul each made impressive catches.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:52 pm

What are will going to do with Alfred Morris now that the league has film on him?

“You can see he’s got good running skills and he’s got that forward lean,” Shanahan said after Saturday’s practice. “He’s got good instincts. It’s going to be fun to see him over the next three games, see if he still plays at a hard level.”

“I anticipate he will,” the coach added.

Last week, Sports Illustrated’s Peter King posted a potentially telling comment on his Twitter account the same day he visited with team brass at Redskins Park.

“Florida Atl rkie Alfred Morris solid darkhorse for RB job,” King’s tweet read.

It's gonna be tough to stash this guy on the PS.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football