FedEx seats

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

FedEx seats

Postby c_Rad » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:26 pm

I am looking to travel to DC from the upper Midwest to go see a Redskins game this year. I want to make the trip count, so I am looking at buying tickets now for the Skins/Panthers game on November 4th. I don't want to pay more than $250 per ticket. I have been to FedEx before in the 100s level...but this year want to do it up a little more and really take in the experience of being there (see the Club level, the after party and such). My question is.... I found Dream Seats running for about $50 more than the Club level seats in the same area of the stadium. Is that $50 worth it?? Also, just wondering too, I see things such as the AAA Fanzone Tailgate tickets too. Do these tickets grant access to the Club Level? I know they are not actual game tickets.
My real question then to the Hogs community...if you were going to buy tickets with $250 as your cap (knowing you wanted to be able to get access to the Club level not necessarly to watch the game) ...what options would you do?

Thanks! And Hail Redskins!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:16 pm

c_Rad wrote:I am looking to travel to DC from the upper Midwest to go see a Redskins game this year. I want to make the trip count, so I am looking at buying tickets now for the Skins/Panthers game on November 4th. I don't want to pay more than $250 per ticket. I have been to FedEx before in the 100s level...but this year want to do it up a little more and really take in the experience of being there (see the Club level, the after party and such). My question is.... I found Dream Seats running for about $50 more than the Club level seats in the same area of the stadium. Is that $50 worth it?? Also, just wondering too, I see things such as the AAA Fanzone Tailgate tickets too. Do these tickets grant access to the Club Level? I know they are not actual game tickets.
My real question then to the Hogs community...if you were going to buy tickets with $250 as your cap (knowing you wanted to be able to get access to the Club level not necessarly to watch the game) ...what options would you do?

Bump

Can a newbie get some help from the locals?

Welcome to the boards c_Rad
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Re: FedEx seats

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:26 pm

c_Rad wrote:I am looking to travel to DC from the upper Midwest to go see a Redskins game this year. I want to make the trip count, so I am looking at buying tickets now for the Skins/Panthers game on November 4th. I don't want to pay more than $250 per ticket. I have been to FedEx before in the 100s level...but this year want to do it up a little more and really take in the experience of being there (see the Club level, the after party and such). My question is.... I found Dream Seats running for about $50 more than the Club level seats in the same area of the stadium. Is that $50 worth it?? Also, just wondering too, I see things such as the AAA Fanzone Tailgate tickets too. Do these tickets grant access to the Club Level? I know they are not actual game tickets.

Dream Seats - Are they worth $50 more? Depends on where and what you want out of going to the game. If the Dream seats are near the players bench, it is a fun experience. You won't see much of the game, but you will experience it. You do have the jumbotron to see the game.
In the end zone Dream Seats, you might get a player to jump in the stands. You will see end zone action up close and person.

Club Seats - If you want to watch the game and can get a good deal - This is the way to go! Great sight lines all around the field. I love the party decks on the club level - all the amenities of the club level, but less expensive, but you do stand - be sure to get the even rows, they are up front - Last year, Synder decided to put two deep in the rows with the odd row being against the back all. Hard to explain, but trust me - even row Club Party Deck tix.

AAA Fan Zone - Club Level Access only after the game - so you can attend the "5th Quarter."

$250 Cap Options - Since we will be winning, you are in big trouble for the seats you want. :)

Buy very early - like now or buy very late such as day of the game (I know not a good idea for you - but I have bought dirt cheap nose bleed tix as a back up and then bought better seats at away games from some poor bloke who couldn't go at the last minute)

Craigslist.org - search every day
Ebay.com - buy very early or very late
StubHub - very early - but since we will be winning - late doesn't work well for StubHub (worked well when we were losing)
TheHogs.net - someone might see your post and meet your price

After all that - I recommend the Club Level Party Decks ($125 Face Value) - It stays tame up there and is a lot of fun because of the roaming room (so far, it hasn't been two deep up there - but again, we haven't been winning)

Postby c_Rad » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Thanks for the great info!! My thoughts were with you too on the Club Level Party decks however, my gf that I am bringing would probably not be in favor of standing an entire game - maybe I should just leave her at home :)
Great to know about the AAA Fan Zone and the "5th Quarter" Now I am really thinking hard about doing the 100 level too as an option with the Fan Zone tix.

Club Section over 100 section with Fan Zone tix..what would you do?

I like the optimism..I am thinking the same way, thus my questions now. I have been checking stubhub and plan to buy in the next week.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:30 pm

^Surprisingly, there are a lot of women like the Club Party Decks, but I have to admit, they are fanatics, so they don't mind standing. If you get the front row, you lean on the stands, so it isn't bad, but you know your gf - if she wouldn't want to stand then this is not the place for her.

100s plus fan zone? I like the fan zone. I am not a fan of the 100s because I like see all the action. I have sat on the 50 yard line 18th row. Can't see the opposite side end zone plays. Love seeing Arrington barring down on Alex Smith (2005 Niners game) and smacking him on the sideline. I sat in the last row in the 100s, on the 50 yard line, but the seats are slanted away from the field - didn't like the sight line.

My favorite seats are the 200s first five rows - but those usually go more than face value even during losing seasons.

400s, first three rows are a good poor man's club option - You're just above the club level - they beat row 19 of the club level for watching the game - but these are hard to come by at a reasonable price.

What would I do? If you want to impress your gf, CLUB. At $250 a ticket, you should be able to get it done. For the $30 - $50 dollars it might take to get Fan Zone Passes, you could treat her to the club level restuarant food and sit in nice chairs and table (Don't take her to Hooters on the club level :wink: ). You can attend the 5th Quarter Party. The bathrooms are nicer too. The Club Level will impress your gf.

AAA Fan Zone - All you can eat - BBQ - Check the menu on Redskins.com. It changes slightly from game to game. The have field goal kicking (inflatable facade), Football throw, Basketball arcade shoot (don't ask how basketball got in there). Big Screen TVs in tents, Redskin Band marches through), Cheerleaders dance, Former players sign autographs, raffle for jerseys, footballs ( I have never won), Everyone gets a free gift ( some items have been a mug, key ring, Redskins Yearbook, Car magnet, etc).

I like Fan zone, but if you gf is not into cheerleaders, the football kicking an throwing, cold weather (it could be in Novemember - they do serve hot chocolate), you will be better off on the club level.

Me? I try to do both if I can get AAA Fan zone $30 or below and I used to get Club tix at $200 or below ( Even in the Gibb year this was possible - but of course in the best Gibb years the Skins found themselves at 5 - 6 and 5 and 7 - so tix were still easy to come by.

Summary of all this, prioritize the Club Seats - One caution, before I was married, I wanted to impress one gf ith the Club level. She liked it so much, that she wanted to go to the concourse area during the game - that was the last game that she went with me. :wink:

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:43 pm

The Panther game will not be a "tough ticket." You should be able to get a pair of club level seats for $250 no prob. craigslist all the way.

I personally almost always get front row of 400 level in endzone (fav seat) for $50. I have also gotten free upgrades to the club level in the parking lot from marketing people on golf carts.

Good luck.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:59 pm

My wife and I had endzone dream seats, second row just behind the goal post.

Free hotdogs and soft drinks and I managed to make it on TV!

I wouldn't get them on the sidelines. The endzone would have been great, but all the scoring happened at the far end. Just as the 'Skins were about to score, the quarter ended and they moved to the far end. Had to watch it on the jumbotron.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Postby c_Rad » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. Boy, all of it sounds great...I think I am still in the same boat as when I first asked :) I think if I got the dream seats, I would probably jump onto the field. I may just do the Club. I appreciate all the feedback.

RG3 looked pretty good last night for his first game...can't wait for the season to start!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:52 pm

I hear these seats are cheap, and more importantly, available.

Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:54 pm

..and feel free to bump into another team's fan accidentally on purpose. don't sweat it, the whole Landover has your back on game day :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football