Skins/Bills Post Game Thread.... How'd We Look?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine

Skins/Bills Post Game Thread.... How'd We Look?

Postby CajunSkin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:35 pm

So my cable wires got severed and I missed the starters. I know they were in limited action but what kind of impressions did they give the loyals?

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Garcon looks really good. Hankerson had a few good plays. One where he juked out the Dback after his catch. RG3 looked a bit shaky at first but that's expected. After that, he was clutch. Think he went 6-8/70 yds and a TD. Running game didn't look hot but that's ok. Buff is a good run D.

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:11 pm

1ST GROUP or starters on offense o-line shaky at best, 88 garcon is a beast .

running game not to good goes back to o-line.

Rg3 not bad at all . First thing i noitced was the quick release and alertness he has and also stands tall in the pocket. Upgrade at QB is obvious but he wasnt in game long enough. It was almost like a big tease cause i wanted to see more of him.

Defense not bad , i still wish Orakpo would do more with his hands the bull rush is getting old, kerrigan will have a awesome year. D-line solid again. Still to early on the secondary but they are trying new things think they will be better than last year.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 pm

They look like they might want to go ahead and offer Rex Grossman a coaching position because he won't be the #2 and is too old and costly to be the #3
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 pm

RGIII 4 of 6 for 70 yds and a TD. The incompletes were a dropped ball by Paul and a catch out of bound by Garcon. RGIII on target on every pass.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 pm

1niksder wrote:They look like they might want to go ahead and offer Rex Grossman a coaching position because he won't be the #2 and is too old and costly to be the #3

Can we call this the post game thread?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:27 pm

I thought RgIII was 7 for 9? Either way I want.more rgiii less rexgiii ASAP
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
1niksder wrote:They look like they might want to go ahead and offer Rex Grossman a coaching position because he won't be the #2 and is too old and costly to be the #3

Can we call this the post game thread?

Done
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:28 pm

What did you guys think of Niles Paul btw? Seemed like he dropped quite a few balls tonight.

Garcon was impressive.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Red_One43 wrote:RGIII 4 of 6 for 70 yds and a TD. The incompletes were a dropped ball by Paul and a catch out of bound by Garcon. RGIII on target on every pass.

What he said, plus a fumble on a handoff exchange, but you'd expect that from a rookie.

He was clearly the best of the QB's on both sides tonight.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:38 pm

To put it lightly, Paul needs to step up his game next week.

The O-line run blocking was shaky, but looked good at times. They'll pull it together.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:39 pm

Went back and reviewed liked when RG3 got the Bills on the hard count but man did he drop back with some amazing speed that will make any average o-line look good then throws a strike. His speed will win us some games this year.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:40 pm

From what I saw (which was what was on NFL network)

1. Griff looked pretty solid. Very poised, and absolutely LOVED the use of a cadence. He drew them offsides once, went on set another time and no one was ready and he threw a nice 20 yarder. Mixed it up well.

2. Garcon was VERY impressive. YAC was extremely high.

3. Gattis looked good. He dominated Williams on several occasions. He chipped on Dareus and then got to the LB for a ten yard run. Next play pancaked Williams. Several pass blocking good examples.

4. T. Williams looks good. Saw him down the field blocking for the TD catch and held Mario to nothing.

5. Cooley looked good blocking from the FB position. Dropped Mario on a run.

Sucks they didn't show the defense. Would have loved to see Kerrigan with the sack.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:52 pm

RGIII - what everybody said

Garcon- what everybody said

Alfred Morris - definitely our hardest runner

Crawford - DB and PR - not explosive as Banks but might be more consistent

Aldrick Robinson - Crips routes and good hands - would love to see him return punts next game

Cousins - raw, but he appears showed what made him a good QB at MSU

Baker and the D line

Chris Wilson - all over the place

Pass protection - was good

Dislikes:

Josh Morgan didn't show much - bobbled ball (but caught) and poor go route

Brandon Banks - route running, but his last go route, he put a move on the guy and was wide open, but Cousins got hit so the ball was short

O line (run blocking)- but Bills O line was bad too - might be one of those - behind the defense early in camp - plus 3 starters out? Last year at this time, O line was humming even without a real off season - just a thought.

Inconclusive for me:

I couldn't tell how did the best at safety. Anyone have any info on the safety competition.

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Go back and look at why Josh morgan bobbled that ball it was another piss poor throw by Sexy Rexy. The ball was placed behind him( I bet it was Rex more than Morgan) and he had to extend to get it ,he was lucky to make that catch. That is why I was smiling so much watching Rg3 hit The WR in stride , it's so nice to have a accurate QB.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football