Andrew Luck is looking good.

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Andrew Luck is looking good.

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Wow, this guy is a stud.... 2 TDS thus far and over 100 yards. Close to another TD.

BUT I am very satisfied with RG3...........HAIL YEAH
Last edited by tribeofjudah on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:43 pm

19 snaps. Three TD drives. 10 of 16 for 188 yards, 2 TDs, 142.7 passer rating.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Most felt that Luck was going to be a very good NFL QB ... and was closer to being ready to play well

RGIII is not only going to be a better NFL QB after a year or two - he's also a lot better fit here :D

the Redskins have a better supporting cast than Luck does in Indianapolis
I look for the Colts to not win many games this season
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:51 pm

He threw a bubble screen that went 61 yards after the catch, and all the headline will read Luck's 1st pass 63 yard TD strike. :shock:

This will give RGIII time to settle in here and Tebow time to learn to play RB. Luck will be a good NFL QB but he wouldn't have fix here like RGIII will.

If they will be judge on just one pre-season game I take RGIII every time plus RGIII had a higher QB rating :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:31 pm

1niksder wrote:19 snaps. Three TD drives. 10 of 16 for 188 yards, 2 TDs, 142.7 passer rating.

RGIII whipped him in QB rating. :shock:
Seriously, who knows what might have been had Shanny challenged that first "incompletion?" I'm just sayin'.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:19 snaps. Three TD drives. 10 of 16 for 188 yards, 2 TDs, 142.7 passer rating.

Seriously, who knows what might have been had Shanny challenged that first "incompletion?" I'm just sayin'.

He would have had a perfect QBR :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:17 pm

1niksder wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

He would have had a perfect QBR :shock:

Yeah, and that drive would have continued, too. Maybe he gets another TD? 50 more yards? Maybe throws a pick? Who knows?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Yeah, I saw his first touchdown pass, while he gets credit for the yards and the TD, most of that was YAC and a lousy defense.

I'll be more impressed if he repeats that performance against Pitt next week
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Luck showed a lot of poise in the pocket. He even came under duress a couple of times and keep his poise. He even scrambled on one play. Who would have thought that Luck would run before RGIII. LOL

After one preseason game, Skins fans are happy, Colts fans are happy and after the Rams watched Bradford get beat up today - they can't be happy. The Rams need a mobile QB, but I am glad that they made the trade.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201208125 ... &tab=recap

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:31 am

This past draft was one of the best as far as QBs are concerned. Just like back in the day when Marino, Elway and Kelly in 1983.

I would have been happy with either Luck or RG3. Both are going to be great players. I havent been more sure of anything in a while.

So for me there is no need for cautious optimism. No need to wait and see! Our time as Skins fans has come. Embrace it brothers! It may not be all smooth sailing but rest assured we are sailing to Lombardi Island. When we get there? Well we will see when we get there.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:48 am

HEROHAMO wrote:rest assured we are sailing to Lombardi Island. When we get there? Well we will see when we get there.

Ahhh, Lombardi island. So many memories....

Used to go there quite a bit, haven't been there in over 20 years now though! I wonder if it's changed much...?

There weren't any Browns or Eagles there when I went, I remember that much...

:)
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:44 pm

If Luck does great, it doesn't take away a single thing from what the Redskins and RGIII are accomplishing.

I hope Luck makes the Pro Bowl every year and hits Canton when he retires. From everything I've read he's exactly what the NFL has been a little slack on: humility, putting others first, a good clean image, etc. He works hard and has tons of talent, and he doesn't play for one of the wrong teams. What's not to like?

I didn't see the game but I've watched his highlights a few times and am very impressed. Good luck to the young man we nearly drafted.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:30 pm

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
RG3 4/6 70 11.7 1 0

Ryan Tannehill 14/21 167 8.0 1 0

Andrew Luck 10/16 188 11.8 2 0

All 3 of the top rookie QB looked good in their first game so not sure what you can really take from that though. Just want to see more good games from RG3

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
RG3 4/6 70 11.7 1 0

Ryan Tannehill 14/21 167 8.0 1 0

Andrew Luck 10/16 188 11.8 2 0

All 3 of the top rookie QB looked good in their first game so not sure what you can really take from that though. Just want to see more good games from RG3

Looks like they needed longer looks at Tannehill and Luck than the Skins needed to see of RGIII. They both threw more passes than Griff took snaps. The Skins know what they have and what they want to see.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

cleg

Postby cleg » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:30 pm

I don't see any real point in comparing the two. I would have been happy with either. I think Bob fits the Redskins better than Luck would have. Also, having lived in awful Indiana those people would have a hard time embracing Bob. If Luck is great it does not take anything away from Bob. Yes, I like calling him Bob because I am not cool enough to use hip nicknames.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Return to Around the League