NFC East Injury News and Updates

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

NFC East Injury News and Updates

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Undrafted rookie Cole Beasley quits

Although he joined the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent, wide receiver Cole Beasley was considered a good bet to make the 53-man roster. But now it appears that Beasley will not play professional football at all.

Beasley informed the team today that he is leaving for personal reasons, possibly even a decision to quit football entirely, according to DallasCowboys.com.

The Cowboys are trying to convince Beasley to come back, but so far they’ve had no luck. Asked about it today, Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said, “it’s too early right now, we’re still working on that.”

The 5-foot-8, 182-pound Beasley has been compared to Wes Welker, although Beasley said last month that he doesn’t like that comparison because he thinks he’s faster than Welker. It’s probably safe to say no one will be comparing Beasley to Welker again.
Last edited by 1niksder on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:13 pm

@JarrettBell
No. 1 pick Morris Claiborne didn't finish practice today. Knee flared up. MRI. J-Garrett: 'We don't think it's serious.' We'll see.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:20 am

An MRI confirms Morris Claiborne's knee tweak is minor. Should resume practicing soon.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:40 pm

‏@clarencehilljr
Cole Beasley told Jason Garrett his heart wasn't into it. a shame cause he had chance to make the team.Cboys still hoping to change his mind
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 am

Giants search for defensive tackle help leads to Marcus Thomas

The Giants are stacked at defensive end. At defensive tackle, they have concerns.

With Shaun Rogers out for the year with a blood clot in his leg and Chris Canty falling under the “other” category of the depth chart with a lingering knee problem and Marvin Austin dealing with back issues, the Giants need help. Beyond signing Carlton Powell and Oren Wilson, they’ll take a look on Thursday at veteran defensive tackle Marcus Thomas, according to Josina Anderson of ESPN (via Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger).
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:52 am

Cowboys add a TE with lots of family ties to fill in for Witten

The Cowboys are keeping it all in the family, as they scramble for help because of Jason Witten’s lacerated spleen.

According to Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com, the Cowboys signed tight end Harry Flaherty, and waived/injured guard Bill Nagy.

Flaherty is the nephew of Cowboys coach Jason Garrett and tight ends coach John Garrett. Another uncle, Judd Garrett, is the director of pro scouting. His namesake father played two games for the Cowboys in 1987, and also spent time with the Eagles and in the USFL.

The younger Flaherty, a Princeton product, went to camp with the Saints last year, and worked out for the Cowboys in December, and New England recently.

“It’s pretty interesting,” Flaherty said. “This is my first day here, so it’s definitely going to be an interesting experience, but I’ve been around their coaching a lot through the years.”

The Cowboys were down to two healthy tight ends, James Hanna and Andrew Szczerba, while Witten is expected to miss the rest of the preseason.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:39 am

Jason Witten Has Lacerated Spleen

"Jason Witten suffered a slightly lacerated spleen in Monday's preseason game, and the star tight end's availability for the regular-season opener is uncertain. Witten suffered a "very serious" small laceration that caused bleeding but it is not ruptured, coach Jason Garrett said Wednesday afternoon.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:44 am

Forget Jones' Hype, Dallas Has Big Problems Up Front

From Jones' perspective, everything looks fine up front.
“(Right guard) Mackenzy Bernadeau is really looking promising,” Jones said. “(Backup guard) Derrick Dockery is looking better. (Center) Phil Costa is someone that has certainly raised the eyes of (offensive line coach) Bill Callahan.
“So I think that we're better in the interior.”
Amazingly, Jones kept his rose-colored glasses on even after Monday night's 3-0 preseason win over the Raiders.
“Ideally, you'd like to have (scored a touchdown), but the answer is no,” Jones said when asked if he was concerned with the performance of the first-team offense in the preseason opener.
“I really liked what I saw individually from the offensive line. I had a chance to sit with John Madden and watch the offensive line in the second half, and that's his specialty there, where he likes to look, and he saw some of our guys do good.”
With all due respect to Madden, that's a tough sell. Bernadeau is coming off hip and knee surgeries, Dockery is 31 and was out of work until Dallas signed him Aug. 4, and the undersized Costa is easily pushed around.
Then there's backup center David Arkin, who let Oakland's Tommy Kelly burst into the backfield untouched to sack quarterback Tony Romo.
Pretty bleak, isn't it? And we haven't even mentioned that left guard Nate Livings has been out since the third day of camp with a hamstring injury, backup center Bill Nagy faces season-ending ankle surgery, Tyron Smith is playing left tackle for the first time as a pro, and right tackle Doug Free is coming off a disappointing season.
Add it all up, and the odds of Romo remaining healthy seem about as good as the chances of Roger Goodell and Jonathan Vilma hanging out together.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:49 am

Still No Word On Mike Patterson

"The last we heard from Mike Patterson, he was feeling good, working out and wanted to play... But his doctor just wasn't ready to clear him yet. So far, there's been no change. Speaking to the media as he wrapped up camp at Lehigh, Andy Reid said they've heard nothing new from Patterson's doctor."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:51 am

Eagles Survive Tough Camp Without Major Losses

"The first goal of training camp is to get better. The second is to stay healthy. The Eagles think they did both this time around. Training camp wrapped up on Tuesday afternoon shortly after 4 p.m., and all things considered, the Eagles are a pretty healthy football team. "Yeah that's always a big goal, every year," Trent Cole said. "It kind of seems like every year, ever since I started in my rookie season, I never come [out] clean. Just being in camp, and minicamp, all the way to the season – I never come out clean. It's just part of football you're going to get dinged up all the time and all you can do is just praise the Lord and hope for the best." Sure, the Eagles had plenty of"
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:54 am

Giants Roster Moves: Powell, Wilson Signings Official

"The New York Giants have now made the signings of defensive tackles Carlton Powell and Oren Wilson official. To make room on the 90-man roster, defensive tackle Martin Parker (herniated disc/back) was waived injured.

Powell played three games for the Atlanta Falcons last season. He is a 6-foot-, 312-pounder. [More on Powell]

Wilson is a 6-foot-1, 305-pound rookie from Akron. He had 38 tackles and 3.5 sacks for Akron last season. The Giants had Wilson in camp for their rookie tryout during the spring, but did not sign him at that time. Wilson began his collegiate career at Michigan State."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 am

NY Giants' Injury-Ravaged Defensive Line Is A Painful Subject As Shaun Rogers Is Lost For Season

"The Giants opened training camp with what looked like the deepest defensive line in the NFL. Now they are closing training camp with a line that has become dangerously thin.

Their line depth took an enormous hit on Tuesday, the final day of camp, when the team announced four significant injuries to defensive linemen. Defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is out for the season after he was diagnosed with a blood clot in his calf. Defensive tackle Marvin Austin was sent for tests on his injured back. Defensive end Justin Trattou will miss several more weeks with a bruised heel and a sprained ankle. And defensive tackle Martin Parker needs surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back.

Those are in addition to defensive tackle Chris Canty, who is on the physically unable to perform list while he recovers from offseason knee surgery."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:01 am

Canty Has Wait & Knee Attitude

"Throughout the spring, Chris Canty expressed extreme optimism the knee surgery he underwent following the Super Bowl would not keep him out of training camp.

The Giants yesterday broke camp and yet Canty never participated and remains on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Canty said his knee is better right now than it was in the last few months of last season, when he played through the knee issues.

At this point, though, he sounds unsure if he'll be ready to play by the Sept. 5 regular-season opener against his former team,
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:28 pm

I don't mean to be mean but.....

keep em coming.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:56 am

Giants Hope Prince Can Handle Job

"He gets paid to play, not formulate the gameplan, but if safety Antrel Rolle was going to switch sides and attack the Giants defense he knows whom he'd target.

Prince Amukamara.

"As an offensive coordinator, that's probably going to be the angle,'' Rolle said. "He has to understand that, and I'm sure he's aware of that. You have to continue to grow. You have to turn into a man overnight. There's no time for babying, and he understands that. He's going to be fine. I have all the confidence in the world in Prince, and I'm sure he's going to get the job done.''"
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to Around the League