Stinkin Good Green Chile

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
+++++++++

Stinkin Good Green Chile

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:45 am

I dunno if green chile is purely a southwest thing, but I never heard of it before I moved to Colorado.

Anyway, former Hog (2.0) Mark Schlereth has his own brand of the stuff called "Stinkin Good Green Chile" that's available in Colorado supermarkets. You can also buy it online at: http://stinkingood.com/

I finally broke down and tried some after hearing so much about it (I follow him on twitter) and I'll tell you what... it's delicious. I got the "Hot" Pork flavor, and it can elevate the lowliest breakfast burrito to a prize winning dish.

Just seemed right to share my testimony here since the man won a Super Bowl ring in Washington. If you like spicy food, do yourself a favor and order some. It's the best green chile I ever had from a supermarket (and it might be the best period.) Spoon it over burritos or eggs, eat it like soup, whatever. You're not gonna be disappointed.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:32 pm

He may have won a ring in b&g... but the man is a hater (or, possibly, a hatter).

No stinky for me.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:51 pm

The Redskins have sucked for 20 years. Flat out sucked... So when someone in the media questions their leadership, or the product on the field, I have never had a problem with it.

When the team actually starts winning, everyone in the media will drool all over them just like they do with the Packers, Patriots, Steelers and others. Maybe even more so, because Griff is such a media darling.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:07 am

CO gets its Chile from down here in NM.. I've been surprised a few times in CO but the real deal green Chile is in its homeland- while I'm sure he gets good NM Chile I wouldn't think he even places at the Chile fest that happened in red river this past weekend.
Ima have to give it a try- pork flavored is a little different, especially since red Chile is the custom for pork- but never seen either sauces flavored w pork.
-bobs burgers green Chile is a must for any Chile lover to try... Tortilla burger taco burger ranchero burger or my fav the patty melt on rye w grilled onions, any of those w green and you'll be back.
They also sell their sauce by the cup size, and it actually ends up cheaper then ANY brand in the store..
Oh and EVERY fast food place from whattaburger to wendys golden arches to sonic, ALL have green Chile to add to any meal. Bom Roasted! No pun... Lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:26 am

Green Chile is great. You dont have to buy it from Schlereth or his brand.
You can use Green Chile instead of bell peppers in any dish that you normally would make with bell peppers. Here in Cali we have an abundance of Chiles.

Since we are talking food I will give a good recipe man meal. Ok first get a large sauce pan I think thats what it is called. The kind of pan you can make a meal in or any old skillet will do.

Olive oil or any oil you like enough to coat pan. Not too much though.
2 Italian sausage any brand will do. Sliced.
1 hamburger patty.
1/2 to 1 whole onion up to you. Diced up.
2 large green chile or 1 up to you again. Could also use bell pepper, yellow chile pepper most any pepper will do. Diced up.
1 large carrot or 2 small carrots. Diced up.
1 can beef broth or 12 ounces of homemade beef stock.
2 regular spoons of flour.
Salt and Pepper. Any herbs seasonings you like. Not too much though. Sprinkle to your liking.

Good thing about this recipe is you can easily double, triple the ingredients. Except take it easy with salt, pepper and seasonings. Sprinkle to your liking. Taste as you go as well. Not the raw meat though.

All right first throw in the italian sausages and hamburger patty let them cook about 3 minutes on low to medium heat. You want to break up the patty.
Then throw in the onion, carrots and peppers. Salt and pepper, seasonings just a couple sprinkles. Cover the pan and cook on very low for 15 minutes.

Now open up pan. Onions, carrots and peppers should be soft and meat should be cooked through. Next scoop everything onto a plate and set it aside. Make sure not to scoop out the juices leave them in the pan.
You should have a pan of just juices,fats and oil. Its ok if a couple little bits of meat are in pan. Add some more oil if not enough in pan. Put the two regular spoons of flour. Grab whisk and whisk away until the flour has turned brown a bit over low heat. You should be whisking a minimum of two minutes. You should be left with brown stuff. Next grab your beef stock and pour in a little at a time while whisking. You could also splash a little white wine first then the rest beef stock. Once you have a sauce with no lumps throw in the plate of meat and other goodies. Mix it up you and serve over some rice or even some egg noodles. Maybe even a nice cut of your favorite loaf of bread.

This is a budget meal. However it is tasty for such simple stuff. Try it out you may like it.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:33 am

Great, I clicked on what I hoped would be an informative thread about a South American country, and what do I get? Americans talking about food, again.......
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:26 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Green Chile is great. You dont have to buy it from Schlereth or his brand.
You can use Green Chile instead of bell peppers in any dish that you normally would make with bell peppers. Here in Cali we have an abundance of Chiles.

Since we are talking food I will give a good recipe man meal. Ok first get a large sauce pan I think thats what it is called. The kind of pan you can make a meal in or any old skillet will do.

1 hamburger patty.
2 large green chile or 1 up to you again. Could also use bell pepper, yellow chile pepper most any pepper will do. Diced up.
Salt and Pepper. Any herbs seasonings you like. Not too much though. Sprinkle to your liking.

Good thing about this recipe is you can easily double, triple the ingredients. Except take it easy with salt, pepper and seasonings. Sprinkle to your liking. Taste as you go as well. Not the raw meat though.

All right first throw in the italian sausages and hamburger patty let them cook about 3 minutes on low to medium heat. You want to break up the patty.
Then throw in the onion, carrots and peppers. Salt and pepper, seasonings just a couple sprinkles. Cover the pan and cook on very low for 15 minutes.

Now open up pan. Onions, carrots and peppers should be soft and meat should be cooked through. Next scoop everything onto a plate and set it aside. Make sure not to scoop out the juices leave them in the pan.
You should have a pan of just juices,fats and oil. Its ok if a couple little bits of meat are in pan. Add some more oil if not enough in pan. Put the two regular spoons of flour. Grab whisk and whisk away until the flour has turned brown a bit over low heat. You should be whisking a minimum of two minutes. You should be left with brown stuff. Next grab your beef stock and pour in a little at a time while whisking. You could also splash a little white wine first then the rest beef stock. Once you have a sauce with no lumps throw in the plate of meat and other goodies. Mix it up you and serve over some rice or even some egg noodles. Maybe even a nice cut of your favorite loaf of bread.

This is a budget meal. However it is tasty for such simple stuff. Try it out you may like it.

Sounds similar to my green Chile stew..

As far as I know, though, authentic green chile is native to only New Mexico. It can he grown elsewhere but will not be the same as grown in its native soil w its particular climate. What I'm saying is yes there are green peppers and different green colored types of chile, but the world renowned delicacy is authentic New Mexican grown... And hatch is probably the best, with unlimited variations of homemade sauces..

Some good things besides breakfast to use green chile:
Green chile chicken Alfredo
Green chile chicken enchiladas- a NM born favorite- *much better then red chile and beef
Green chile cheese fries- equal or better to red chile cheese fries
Burgers w cheese and green chile
Garlic mashed potatoes, with u guessed it gc
Green chile pepperoni pizza
I could go on for days!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:33 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Green Chile is great. You dont have to buy it from Schlereth or his brand.

1 hamburger patty.

As far as I know, though, authentic green chile is native to only New Mexico. It can he grown elsewhere but will not be the same as grown in its native soil w its particular climate. What I'm saying is yes there are green peppers and different green colored types of chile, but the world renowned delicacy is authentic New Mexican grown... And hatch is probably the best, with unlimited variations of homemade sauces..

Green chile chicken enchiladas- a NM born favorite- *much better then red chile and beef
I could go on for days!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:00 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:

1 hamburger patty.

I could go on for days!

All that stuff sounds good.

Im going to try to make all of those. Never heard of Grenn Chile Alfredo? Sounds good.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:01 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:

1 hamburger patty.

I could go on for days!

All that stuff sounds good.

Im going to try to make all of those. Never heard of Grenn Chile Alfredo? Sounds good.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to The Lounge