Buying into Running Back by Committee

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
Each of these RBs only have one thing better than Hightower:

Helu - Fastest (Tristan Davis, as fast, but most likely PS)
Royster - Best Zone Runner
Morris - Most Powerful Runner (know more about his other attribute after tonight)

Hightower is the most complete back:

TH - Best Blocker, Good Speed, Better Receiver (Exept when he doesn't telll the coach his a shoulder injury - Rams game), Most Experienced

Knowing that Mike always has his complete back, why are you leaving TH off your 53? You wrote on your 53 update, that it depends on TH's health. Let's say TH is deemed healthy, Morris continues to shine, and doubts about Helu's durabilty remain (probably always will), do you keep TH? Do you keep 5 or release or try to trade one? As you know, I decided to keep 5 assuming TH will be healthy by the final preseason game.

Final note: Durability of all our backs
Helu - foot - didn't start last two games. Foot again TC
TH - Shoulder bange after only 4 games - ACL could happen to anybody
Royster - shoulder - after only two games he was banged up.
Morris - might be the most durable

Evan Royster was also banged up on the drive and visited the locker room briefly before eventually returning to the game.

Morris, Royster and Helu eliminates the need for TH, but as you point out most of them have a injury history as does Hightower.

My final 53 might change between now and the start of the season and may include 5 HB at some point (with me updating after each game). Right now I think he'll still be one of the last cuts.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:58 pm

1niksder wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
Each of these RBs only have one thing better than Hightower:

Helu - Fastest (Tristan Davis, as fast, but most likely PS)
Royster - Best Zone Runner
Morris - Most Powerful Runner (know more about his other attribute after tonight)

Hightower is the most complete back:

TH - Best Blocker, Good Speed, Better Receiver (Exept when he doesn't telll the coach his a shoulder injury - Rams game), Most Experienced

Knowing that Mike always has his complete back, why are you leaving TH off your 53? You wrote on your 53 update, that it depends on TH's health. Let's say TH is deemed healthy, Morris continues to shine, and doubts about Helu's durabilty remain (probably always will), do you keep TH? Do you keep 5 or release or try to trade one? As you know, I decided to keep 5 assuming TH will be healthy by the final preseason game.

Final note: Durability of all our backs
Helu - foot - didn't start last two games. Foot again TC
TH - Shoulder bange after only 4 games - ACL could happen to anybody
Royster - shoulder - after only two games he was banged up.
Morris - might be the most durable

Evan Royster was also banged up on the drive and visited the locker room briefly before eventually returning to the game.

Morris, Royster and Helu eliminates the need for TH, but as you point out most of them have a injury history as does Hightower.

My final 53 might change between now and the start of the season and may include 5 HB at some point (with me updating after each game). Right now I think he'll still be one of the last cuts.

Those are my thoughts as well about Morris, Royster, and Helu eliminating the need for TH - It's not like the running game did poorly without TH. He might also be getting in the way of the development of the other three. The potential of Tristan Davis could also make TH expendable as he develops on the PS. I might be joining you on this one. Gotta wait until my final 53 before, I make that call. Bold move this early on your part, but I like it.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:01 pm

I hear they love Davis... if he is limited on touches it may mean they want to stash him on the PS
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

piggie

Postby ICEMAN » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:36 am

Clinton Portis...a lock for Redskins '80's greatest team!!! No Question!

piggie

Postby ICEMAN » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 am

Clinton Portis...a lock for Redskins '80's greatest team!!! No Question!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football