Andrew Luck is looking good.

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:56 pm

1niksder wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
RG3 4/6 70 11.7 1 0

Ryan Tannehill 14/21 167 8.0 1 0

Andrew Luck 10/16 188 11.8 2 0

All 3 of the top rookie QB looked good in their first game so not sure what you can really take from that though. Just want to see more good games from RG3

Looks like they needed longer looks at Tannehill and Luck than the Skins needed to see of RGIII. They both threw more passes than Griff took snaps. The Skins know what they have and what they want to see.

I like the way Shanny is handling RGIII. He is throwing everything at him and then giving him just enough in the first couple of preseason games to put what he learned into live games. Since preseason games are so vanilla, I get why practice is harder.

I get why Tannehill played more, he was said to need more seasoning at the QB position.

I don't get why the Clolts think that Luck needed to play that much in that first preseason game.

cleg

Postby cleg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:00 am

Red_One43 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
RG3 4/6 70 11.7 1 0

All 3 of the top rookie QB looked good in their first game so not sure what you can really take from that though. Just want to see more good games from RG3

Looks like they needed longer looks at Tannehill and Luck than the Skins needed to see of RGIII. They both threw more passes than Griff took snaps. The Skins know what they have and what they want to see.

I like the way Shanny is handling RGIII. He is throwing everything at him and then giving him just enough in the first couple of preseason games to put what he learned into live games. Since preseason games are so vanilla, I get why practice is harder.

I get why Tannehill played more, he was said to need more seasoning at the QB position.

I don't get why the Clolts think that Luck needed to play that much in that first preseason game.
The Colts needed Luck to play that much because they have terrible fans and need to show the fan based what Luck can do or no one will come to their games. I have lived a lot of places and those fans are the worst - I still believe that most of them that were not born in the Manning era are actually latent Cowboy fans. When I lived in Indiana in the early '90s their games were never on TV because no one went there. I went to a Redskins game in 1993 or 94 and the stadium was mostly empty but for the Redskins fans. Now that Manning is gone these frauds need to be shown that Luck can play before they will stop dreaming of Troy, Emmitt and Irvin again.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:11 am

cleg wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
RG3 4/6 70 11.7 1 0

The Colts needed Luck to play that much because they have terrible fans and need to show the fan based what Luck can do or no one will come to their games. I have lived a lot of places and those fans are the worst - I still believe that most of them that were not born in the Manning era are actually latent Cowboy fans. When I lived in Indiana in the early '90s their games were never on TV because no one went there. I went to a Redskins game in 1993 or 94 and the stadium was mostly empty but for the Redskins fans. Now that Manning is gone these frauds need to be shown that Luck can play before they will stop dreaming of Troy, Emmitt and Irvin again.

Thanks, that clears that up for me.

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 am

If they both play well next week again it will make the 3rd pre-season game that much more fun for the fans and media. Comparisons for these two will continue for a long time to come i'm guessing. I wish Luck nothing but the best but am happy we have RGIII, i think he's exactly what this team needed.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:55 am

I don't have a Luck vs. Griffin feeling at all. I want to see Luck do well as well as Griffin, though I want Griffin to do better, obviously.

I'm more interested to see what our defense does to luck in that 3rd preaseason game and how our O-line looks against their defensive line than a straight compare of Griffin and Luck.

I suspect if our line holds freeney and mathis in check, griffin should go bananas against their secondary.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Luck has had two picks tonight but also has moved the ball on long drives. Comparing Rg3 to Luck . For Luck It must be nice to have a good O-line to play behind. I have been impressed with the colts line tonight against the steelers.

Rg3 will need those legs this year.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:33 pm

the Colts will be vying for the 1st pick in the draft next year with the Browns

I would expect Luck to show that he's a better QB than RGIII at this time

I am totally happy that we have RGIII in B&G - Luck will show that he's a great QB - the Redskins are much better off having RGIII :D
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:27 am

Andrew Luck only looks better than RG3 because we are wearing yellow pants and white jerseys.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:47 pm

The Hogster wrote:Andrew Luck only looks better than RG3 because we are wearing yellow pants and white jerseys.

Not true the colts have done an awesome job at revamping there o- line, It's a totaly different style line then what Mannning played behind, I think it will benefit Luck very much. Luck will have time to step up and deliver the ball, you will see it when we play against them . Rg3 has a bunch of rookies learning to play o-line and try and pick blocking assignments up. It makes me want to throw up that once again we are putting a rookie QB out there with crap. I dont think the colts D we get the best of the line like the bears, so RG3 will probably make them look better than they are.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:53 pm

skinpride1 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Andrew Luck only looks better than RG3 because we are wearing yellow pants and white jerseys.

Not true the colts have done an awesome job at revamping there o- line, It's a totaly different style line then what Mannning played behind, I think it will benefit Luck very much. Luck will have time to step up and deliver the ball, you will see it when we play against them . Rg3 has a bunch of rookies learning to play o-line and try and pick blocking assignments up. It makes me want to throw up that once again we are putting a rookie QB out there with crap. I dont think the colts D we get the best of the line like the bears, so RG3 will probably make them look better than they are.

:shock: It was sarcasm dude. Luck looks great so far. But, I am very happy that Bob Griffin is our QB.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
cleg wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
RG3 4/6 70 11.7 1 0

Thanks, that clears that up for me.

I've read similar stuff on Colt message boards. They say the vast majority were Manning bandwagoners who are now Luck bandwangoner wannabees. They exist in all cities but the boards there say they are in the majority there.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 pm

The Hogster wrote:
skinpride1 wrote:

:shock: It was sarcasm dude. Luck looks great so far. But, I am very happy that Bob Griffin is our QB.

ok no problem :wink:

Return to Around the League