NFC East Injury News and Updates

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 am

Giants Seeking Help From Lineman

"In assessing this year's draft, Jerry Reese essentially gave Markus Kuhn two possible nicknames for the veracity and effort with which he plays.

The first – "the Mitch Petrus of defensive tackles" – was humorous, although it failed to resonate the way Reese's "JPP of tight ends" has followed rookie Adrien Robinson.

The second has stuck, making its way to Kuhn's native Germany and back following this assessment from the Giants' general manager: "He is a like a buzz saw in there."

That description of Kuhn has not been lost in translation, considering German fans have embraced his draft-day moniker, he says, by calling him "Kreissage" ever since."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:02 am

Nnamdi Asomugha Returns To Practice, Then Leaves

"Nnamdi Asomugha was back in practice today, three days after a collision with Nate Allen at Lehigh left him with a sore neck and lacerated lip.

[Note by JasonB, 08/16/12 4:00 PM EDT ] Strike that! Nnamdi left practice shortly after it started. Word is that his neck is still sore.

Other injured Eagles Trent Cole and Brent Celek have returned in recent days as well, so it seems like the beat up Eagles are finally getting healthy. With the hitting portion of camp over, everyone should begin to heal up before the season."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:09 am

Castoffs, Rejects, Misfits ... D-Line Has 'Em All

"Trent Cole remembers exactly how challenging it was seven years ago. He was the 18th defensive lineman taken in the 2005 draft, and he knew when he joined the Eagles as a rookie fifth-round pick that just going out to practice and being good wasn't enough.

As a late-round pick, he had to be great.

"When you're a fifth-round pick, it's the same as being an undrafted free agent," Cole said. "You've got to really stand out to get noticed. You've got to do more than everybody else is doing. Because if you just do what everyone else is doing, they're not going to keep you.""
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 am

McSurdy Out For Season With Torn Achilles

"Linebacker Caleb McSurdy tore his Achilles tendon during Wednesday's afternoon practice, as trainers initially feared, and will undergo season-ending surgery tomorrow in Dallas, coach Jason Garrett said today. McSurdy, a seventh-round pick from Montana, is expected to be placed on the team's injured reserve list.

Coach Jason Garrett said he has yet to speak to McSurdy, who already has made the trip to Dallas. He called it a "tough injury" but one that can be overcome with proper rehabilitation."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:15 am

Very Serious' Injury Puts Cowboys' Witten Out Of Preseason

"Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has been pointing to the Sept. 5 opener against the Super Bowl champion New York Giants ever since the NFL released the schedule in April. "The approach we are taking is if we are going to be the team we think we can be we have to go show it," Witten said the second day of training camp. "What a great opportunity we got coming up Sept. 5." But after suffering a lacerated spleen in Monday's 3-0, preseason-opening win at Oakland, Witten's participation in the highly anticipated game is in jeopardy. Speaking at a news conference in Oxnard, Calif., coach Jason Garrett on Wednesday called the injury "very serious" and confirmed the seven-time Pro Bowler"
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:18 am

Matt Johnson Gets In Pads, But Doesn't Do Much Work As Cowboys Continue To Take It Easy With Him

"Rookie safety Matt Johnson finally pulled on the pads for the first time as a Cowboy, but he didn't get much action in the team part of practice.

ohnson said the Cowboys still want to ease him into work as he gets past the hamstring injury he suffered on the last day of the veteran minicamp in June, his only action of the offseason besides the three-day rookie minicamp after the draft.

"They're making sure," he said. "I've missed enough time as it is. They're making sure I don't miss a big chunk of time by pulling it back. It's smart on their part, but obviously I want to get out there.""
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:34 pm

DeMarcus Ware won’t play against Chargers

Add another name to the list of injured Cowboys.

Linebacker DeMarcus Ware won’t be in the lineup when the Cowboys travel to San Diego for a Saturday night game against the Chargers. Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com reports that Ware hurt his hamstring in practice on Thursday and the team has decided to hold him out of the contest as a result.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:24 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:03 am

Eagles say Vick has rib contusion

When it comes to disclosing injury information about players at a time when the team has no obligation to do so, the Eagles are as candid as any NFL team.

And far more candid than most teams.

On Tuesday, they applied that candor to their starting quarterback, announcing that both an MRI and a CT scan “revealed no broken bones and no fractured cartilage” for Mike Vick, who was injured Monday night against the Patriots. The team also announced that Vick “has a contusion of his ribs and of the soft tissue area surrounding it.”
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:06 am

Dez Bryant: 'I'm Going To Play In New York'

"As he walked off the practice field Tuesday afternoon, Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was greeted with a few questions about his health. The one answer he gave should be assuring to Cowboys fans. When asked will he be ready for the Week 1 game at the New York Giants, Bryant said, "You know I'm going to play in New York, that's without a doubt." Bryant left Monday's practice after suffering a case of patella tendinitis in his right knee. Bryant said he wasn't scared about what an MRI would reveal. Bryant isn't playing in Saturday night's preseason game at Cowboys Stadium and most likely is out for the preseason finale against Miami on August 29."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:09 am

The Worst Of A Good Game: Dallas Cowboys' O Line Vs San Diego Chargers

"By now, the offensive line concerns have largely been washed aside on the heels of a good performance against San Diego coupled with the impending return of two missing starters to the game day lineup. All is not well, however. Good teams can have bad players on them, as can good units. The offensive line's performance in southern California was passable in spite of some poor individual efforts. After the jump, we take a look at some of the gaffes from the first half of play against San Diego. Warning, content may lead to excessive face-palming."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:11 am

Cowboys Are Going To Be Cautious With DeMarcus Ware, Who Is Still Feeling Hamstring Tightness

"Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said the Cowboys are going to be cautious with linebacker DeMarcus Ware, who suffered a hamstring injury last week in the last walk-through before the preseason game against the Chargers. He didn't practice Monday, and Garrett did not give the impression he would practice Tuesday."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:13 am

Andy Reid & Cullen Jenkins Downplay Sideline Dustup

"One of the most memorable highlights of last night's Eagles vs Patriots game did not even happen on the field. After the Patriots scored their first touchdown of the night, head coach Andy Reid and DT Cullen Jenkins had themselves a nose to nose screaming match on the bench (see it here). It looked more like a baseball manager and umpire arguing a call than a football coach and a player... However, after the game, the two played it off as simply tempers flaring in the heat of the moment."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:16 am

DeSean Jackson Angry With Media Portrayal Of Comments

"ESPN got a lot of airtime yesterday off a quote DeSean Jackson gave to their sideline reporter Lisa Salters prior to yesterday's game. Here is his quote with her context.

She asked him a similar question during the game and he mostly brushed it off and seemed to reject the idea that he wasn't giving max effort. And to be fair, that's not exactly what he said. He said he was trying to protect himself, not that he wasn't giving max effort. However, you could obviously say that if you're worrying about not getting injured, you're not fully focused on your job out there. So its really not that big of a stretch that was made by Salters."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:19 am

Will Beatty Injury: Left Tackle's Absence Could Cause Line Shuffle

"Will Beatty and his balky back are becoming a major concern for the New York Giants. Head coach Tom Coughlin said Monday that Beatty, diagnosed with sciatica, is "still struggling." The sand in the hour glass is running out as the Sept. 5 season opener against the Dallas Cowboys approaches. Coughlin did not go this far, but it seems less and less likely that the fourth-year offensive tackle will be ready to open the season. After playing only 10 games last season, Beatty lost the rest of the year to a detached retina. He has lost OTAs, mini-camps and most of training camp and the preseason to his back problems. Beatty has only practiced a hnadful of times, and only gone through"
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to Around the League