Lichtensteiger's knee scoped - What Shape is the O Line in?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 am

I'm choosing to believe our Oline is a lot better then we saw sat, and not just because we lacked 3 starters.

I think the Shanny is so tenuous, he wanted to pressure RGiii NOW rather then later in the REAL season. Laugh all you want but that is a GREAT idea. Let him get hurried, hit, and sacked NOW toget that experience he needs. We saw RGiii remain poised and shake off bad plays coming back strong. There is a lot of things he gained this week- oh and he still didn't throw any ints
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:02 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I'm choosing to believe our Oline is a lot better then we saw sat, and not just because we lacked 3 starters.

I think the Shanny is so tenuous, he wanted to pressure RGiii NOW rather then later in the REAL season. Laugh all you want but that is a GREAT idea. Let him get hurried, hit, and sacked NOW toget that experience he needs. We saw RGiii remain poised and shake off bad plays coming back strong. There is a lot of things he gained this week- oh and he still didn't throw any ints

That can be placed under the list of DC "conspiracy theories". There is a full 0% chance this was the case.

First off, MS doesn't want to see RGIII get pressure EVER -- especially in the pre-season when he could easily get injured.

I agree with you that is better to experience pressure when it doesn't count -- but lets get real, coaches would much prefer their players getting their footwork, timing, WR relationships, routes, game speed, etc. down FIRST without being under pressure. That is what the preseason is all about for rookie players. In addition, the slight risk of injury is 100% not worth the risk.

The fact is that our OL is in really bad shape. They are NOT good. Believe what you want, but please be realistic. I (and most I am sure) saw absoutely nothing that would make me say we have an OL that will adequately support a rookie QB learning to adjust to NFL defenses. Without question, they will be our greatest liability this year.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:01 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I'm choosing to believe our Oline is a lot better then we saw sat, and not just because we lacked 3 starters.

Lets not make our OL situation sound worse than what it is (that of bad enough). The OL was missing two starters. Unless you are referring to J Brown as a starter which I think is like calling buying lottery tickets a retirement strategy. You have about as much can of winning the lottery as JB has of ever starting another game for the Redskins.

Counting on KL to start at LG was pretty risky too and was a significant gamble.

Going into the season counting on JB to start at RT was reckless, bouldering on irresponsible. So I'm guessing MS was never really counting on him being the stater.

He also couldn't have had much faith in KL being ready or else he wouldn't have pursued FA guards.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 am

Duplicate
Last edited by skinsfan#33 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:52 pm

I think Kory L. is working in team drills this week . There may be a chance he could play in last preseason game ...Hope he bounces back because we need him healthy back out there this season.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Chester likely to play against the Colts.... 8) If we get Chester and Kory L back that we would be a huge upgrade to the line. Trent being our best and Chester and Kory are serviceable line men that can hold there own. Might could take our line from an" F" to a "C" grade line.

I still going to give the defensive secondary the low grade of the team.

I going to give the WR depth high grade of the team this year with defensive front just behind it.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Trent Williams vs the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night 2011

For the first time, I really taking note on the athleticsim that Shanny boasts about Trent. You can still see some laziness on his part because he knows he has the quick feet to make up for it. He does seem to bring his "A" game against Ware.

Hog

Postby the poster » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:03 pm

skinpride1 wrote:Chester likely to play against the Colts.... 8) If we get Chester and Kory L back that we would be a huge upgrade to the line. Trent being our best and Chester and Kory are serviceable line men that can hold there own. Might could take our line from an" F" to a "C" grade line.

ooo boy. watch out, league. the redskins oline might (emphasis on might) be upgraded to mediocre.

championship.

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:18 pm

the poster wrote:
skinpride1 wrote:Chester likely to play against the Colts.... 8) If we get Chester and Kory L back that we would be a huge upgrade to the line. Trent being our best and Chester and Kory are serviceable line men that can hold there own. Might could take our line from an" F" to a "C" grade line.

ooo boy. watch out, league. the redskins oline might (emphasis on might) be upgraded to mediocre.

championship.

DONT EVER SPEAK TO ME OR QUOTE ME AGAIN.

IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME THERE IS A THREAD FOR U IN SMACK.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND YOU PUNK WUSS

TAKE IT TO SMACK.

DO NOT EVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN IN HOG WASH. PERIOD.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:07 am

BOM....
ROASTED!

We need a block/ignore feature eh?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:34 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:We need a block/ignore feature eh?

You have one already. It's the scroll wheel on your mouse. :idea:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 pm

markshark84 wrote:I screamed about this for years including in the beginning of this season -- and will continue to do so. The skins need 3 additional "solid" OL before they can be a contender. Until this is done, we will be at best an 8-8 team.

I agree

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 pm

I going to give the WR depth high grade of the team this year with defensive front just behind it.

What about QB!?!?!

Griffin/Cousins/Grossman

Did you see Grossman step in against the Colts for the last quarter?!?! 8 for 8!!!! If that was anyone else we'd be going mad about him!!!

Clearly he's been watching the two new boys and learning a thing or two....
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:57 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:

What about QB!?!?!

Griffin/Cousins/Grossman

Did you see Grossman step in against the Colts for the last quarter?!?! 8 for 8!!!! If that was anyone else we'd be going mad about him!!!

Clearly he's been watching the two new boys and learning a thing or two....

Thats grossman for ya play good one game then the bad rex shows back up,

QB.....Rookie years.

we still look good at WR for a change.

I didnt put to much into the colts game , i liked we looked good but lets see how we do against a top defense again like the bears.

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Rex Grossman is a QB who has started and won quite a few games. He should tear up the B team of the Indianapolis Colts (who will be awful).
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football