Redskins predictions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Redskins predictions

Postby Riggins » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:38 am

I think this is Ramseys year to shine.I know the league gave us a tough schedule but if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.Im gonna predict 10-6 beating Dallas twice.

Postby Terry » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:59 am

I dunno. 10-6 is a big jump from 7-9 in the NFL. The closer you get to 10 wins, the harder those extra 2 or 3 wins are to get. That's why I think Parcells will have an easier time getting 3 more wins to 8-8 than we will to 10-6.

But it's not out of the question. Ramsey will do well in this offense, and I don't see why he can't be responsible for 2500+ passing yds and 20+ TDs. But being young and still learning, I'd imagine that his pick count will be within 3 or 4 of his TD count, one way or another.

I think the running game will be strong to the edges, and strong when we can spread the defenses. We'll likey get more cheap scores than we have for a while. But if we hit a defense that can contain our ability to get outside, and we're forced to push it up the gut more, then I'm not so sure.

Defensively, I think that our linebackers are too good not to be a major force, with our DL protecting them just enough to be active. But I worry where the pass rush is gonna come from. I think we'll be ok in typical game situations, bringing enough pressure to allow our DBs not to be run ragged, and our DBs will help our pass rush. But I'm more concerned with that big play in a close or meaningful game - like Lavar and Gardener last year stripping Warner on that late drive. I really don't see that in our DL yet, and it's a lot to keep asking of the LBs.

I like Bowens. Hopefully he plays like he practices. If he can give us our own version of Dawkins, then our back 7 could be one of the strongest in the league.

So 10-6? I don't know. Excluding injuries, we have the talent overall. But we need to come together early, we need to get past a Philly team that plays us tough, at least split, and do the same with the Jints, who until we prove otherwise, have the best offense in the division.

My guess is that we could be looking for that 10th win going into the last game of the season, at home against Philly.

You make the call :?

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:59 am

^^^^^^ I agree COMPLETELY

Postby Riggins » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:29 am

Hey Terry,That is a good summary of the Skins season.What your saying makes alot of sense.Im hoping that Ramsey and Coles become like Theisman and Monk.The D is gonna be fine.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:41 am

I'd worry more if we had only one "name-brand" LB. But since we have 3 I believe the DL shortcomings won't be as blantant. But if we can bolster the DL in any way we need to do it, so that our trio of LB's will be the much more effective.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:54 am

Those 3 name brand LB's have not filled the bill thus far. The DL is the problem. the opposition will be able to run amuck............They should've signed Daryl Gardner! That is going to hurt us.
it is what it is

Postby Kilmer » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:18 pm

The season depends upon Ramsey's developent and we all know it.

I am predicting 10-6 minimum unless Ramsey gets benched. I think 12-4 is possible because even though it looks like our schedule is strong, it could end up being weak in reality. FA can really kill some teams and help others...plus injuries really hurt nowadays since no team really has any depth with the small roster sizes.

I believe in Spurriers offense. I think this off season we finally made some good moves with the interior O line and SPT. I am a little worried about Ramsey growing pains and the appearence of a weak D line. But I have decided to remain positive.

If we win less than 9 games though I will be severly disappointed, because that would mean no progress in 4 f-in years.
-drinking

Hog

Postby redskincity » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:01 pm

I still think we should be running the 3-4 scheme, cause Mitchell should be starting. :roll: Big daddy is gone now and we have the corners. The line really sux now, with BD gone. :oops:
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:38 pm

Kilmer says:

I think 12-4 is possible because even though it looks like our schedule is strong, it could end up being weak in reality.
=D>

Wow! I hope you're right...but I've always thought that a 9-7, 10-6 season is what we're probably gonna see this year. :-k

As for the DL, that is the one area that worries me most. Yes, we have good LBs but I, for one, would rather the running game be stopped at the line rather than depending on our LBs to do it. Let them run around elsewhere, ya know? Just my My 2 cents
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Postby hildawg » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:50 pm

i think this will be a down year for the eggles and the skins will sneak into the playoffs with a 9-7 record, I think that the giants will have a good team this year even tho we compete with them well, they will win the nfc east.
pain goes away, but pride last forever.

Postby Kilmer » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:17 pm

I guess I just have Burgandy and Gold glasses, because I just think this team should be really good.

No change in philosophies this year. Ramsey a year older and hopefully wiser. What appears to be a very solid O line. New found speed at WR and RB. Probably the best KR in the league. A stable if unspectacle kicker...which is much better than a downright pitiful kicker. Outstanding LB's and CB's. Improved at the safety position.

And only two serious question marks IMO.

Losses on the D Line, but it could be at least average...which would make the D pretty good IMO. And will Spurrier adjust to the NFL and make better game time decisions this year? He had more than his share of bonehead plays last year.

I think Ramsey is for real, so I am not too worried about that (but I admit this could be a season killer) and the running game was better without Davis last year, so I am not worried about that either.

I have high hopes again. [-o< It seems to happen about this time every year. Football

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:57 pm

Kilmer wrote: I think 12-4 is possible
-drinking

I have to say I think this may be true. I am cautiously optimistic and I have to believe that the extra year was what P-Ram needed. I knew we would tank a little last year but I think everyone believes this offense will blow up soon.

I expect this offense to work this year because we can now spread the field properly. If we can run the ball with Trung and bust open big plays from him and Coles the Eagles could get mowed by us. They got weaker not stronger.

The D line is the big ? mark but I agree, we have the best back 7 in the league if Bowen is the man I think he is.

My common football sense says 10-6. But I have this feeling....12-4 I think it may be possible depending where the chips fall.

Postby Kilmer » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:27 pm

What I found a little funny is Wilbon's new article almost says what I wrote in this thread.

He was not quite as optimistic, but he highlighted most of the things I (and I am sure other Redskin fans) have been thinking.

The second Preseason game against New England should be interesting. Last year we saw what they did to the offense when their 1st teamers were on the field.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football