Gano Cut - Cundiff Signed/Cut - Kai Forbath Signed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:26 am

Both Gano and Cundiff are marginal kickers, IMO. However, I think Gano was absolutely HORRID in kickoffs last year. Cundiff (from what I saw watching Ravens games) was pretty damn good at kicking touchbacks. So hopefully this turns out to be an upgrade of some sort.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:50 am

I believe Cundiff holds the record for touchbacks in a season. I like that aspect of the signing
XVII XXII XXVI

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:14 pm

The Hogster wrote:Another flaw in the blocked kicks excuse is that you guys assume he would have made the kicks that were blocked.

Nope. That dead horse has been thoroughly beaten.

I don't know if you litigate but I want you prosecuting me with rational juries and defending me when they are clueless.

Actually, sometimes you make sense.

Moving on ...
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:16 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I'm sure he cost us 4 or 5 games last year between missed kicks, blocked kicks and the kickoff shanks.

You blame him for the blocked kicks? :shock:

For once and for all. Look at his 2010 stats. He still was the dead last kicker without all of the blocks. Another flaw in the blocked kicks excuse is that you guys assume he would have made the kicks that were blocked.

Once and for all, we are not talking about 2010, we are talking about 2011. His % went way up over 2010. Quit trying to make the case he wasn't improving, because it just isn't true. And, he did make two that were blocked. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:19 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I'm sure he cost us 4 or 5 games last year between missed kicks, blocked kicks and the kickoff shanks.

No doubt blocking was a factor. But 5 blocked kicks in a single season and the kicker doesn't share some of the blame? Come on, man. Its called special TEAMS.

Please! :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

No doubt blocking was a factor. But 5 blocked kicks in a single season and the kicker doesn't share some of the blame? Come on, man. Its called special TEAMS.

+1

They were jailbreak smothers. It was borderline the worst protection in NFL history.

But hey, I am now a Cundiff fan for sure. He could be terrific - like Rackers.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:30 pm

DarthMonk wrote:But hey, I am now a Cundiff fan for sure.

If he takes the field for the Skins, then I am too. :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Sorry but I'll respectfully disagree and do it without the gay little eye roll icon. The line has to block the defense, and the kicker has to get enough elevation on his kick to get it over the defense. Just my opinion.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Sorry but I'll respectfully disagree and do it without the gay little eye roll icon. The line has to block the defense, and the kicker has to get enough elevation on his kick to get it over the defense. Just my opinion.

When the ball and the defender arrive at the holder at the same time, I don't think anyone is going to get that kick off.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby the poster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:It's a kicker, whats the big deal?

Since the redskins seem to play a plethora of close games, I would think that Kicker is very important. He's infinitely more important than your 4th and 5th WRs that this place has spent a summer talking about; that's for sure.

Instead of looking at his stats, which are almost identical to Cundiff's (except that pro bowl thing...) explain what he has done to earn the right to stay.

explain what he's done to be replaced......by Billy Cundiff. (who received death threats after his shank in the AFC title game last year)

Look, we are a sub .500 team. At this point whatever changes the coaches make I'm all for.

the attitude that has kept a frachise down for literally a generation now, I see is alive and well.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Image.

Scroll to the troll.
Scroll to the troll.
SCROLL TO THE TROLL!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Deadskins wrote:Image.

Scroll to the troll.
Scroll to the troll.
SCROLL TO THE TROLL!

What does this have to do with the topic?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Did you just get back?

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Deadskins wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

For once and for all. Look at his 2010 stats. He still was the dead last kicker without all of the blocks. Another flaw in the blocked kicks excuse is that you guys assume he would have made the kicks that were blocked.

Once and for all, we are not talking about 2010, we are talking about 2011. His % went way up over 2010. Quit trying to make the case he wasn't improving, because it just isn't true. And, he did make two that were blocked. :roll:

Well in the world you live in, maybe you can only look at the facts that favor your opinion. But, in the real world, coaches are looking at your body of work, which includes 2010.

While you're crying into your sleeve, and dedicating songs to Graham Gano, the team is moving on with a kicker they believe is better. BTW--let me know how many teams are lining up for the second coming of Adam Vinateri.

Graham GaNo-Good.

The coaches see these guys in practice. You don't. We saw him in games, and he sucked. That's why he's Graham GaNo longer employed.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:04 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

+1
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football