Fat Bastard's Fantasy Football League on NFL.com

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Here's the simple motto of this league.. If they don't like it, they'll vote it out, if not then oh well, all's fair.

You'll always see a player in the starting roster spots, I won't bench anyone and bye weeks will be secured.

However when you get a post made directly to you about being a hater and worthless posts/arguments, than "f" dat.

Keep in mind I was apparently the only one with an issue on the wack trades that I saw.

If I beat any of you guys with that "D" class team I have, ya'll should never play fantasy again. Oh, and if the trades are rejected, all those stars will be riding the pine... simple.

Okay, man. No prob. I'm just gonna set my roster in this league, check the byes, and not take it seriously at all. I just wanted to check. Seemed fishy. Doesn't look like a guy who's trying to win.

Never called you a hater so not sure if that was directed at me.

Not sure about whack trades last year but everyone went nuts when somebody dropped all his players right before the playoffs.

Again, no real problem - I'm just not gonna look at this league seriously at all.

Still wondering why. Stars on the pine. Gonna bench Stafford in THN? I don't get it.

Not whining, just asking. I suppose it'll still be fun - kinda.

Peace, bro.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:55 am

Fantasy Football is just for fun, right? Am I missing something? If you one of those super-competitive types, then maybe the "FB" league isn't really for you.

It's supposed to be "fun".
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:06 am

Real talk Darth... as a commish you have a responsibility to make sure garbage trades don't happen but when you are the commish and you're the one doing the garbage, that's just not cool bro.

Again, I've been labeled a hater with worthless posts so I will have a team to match that persona.

Let's see who votes these trades down because there is no bloody way in heaven or hell that these could even reach "vote" status in THNFF. Understand now Darth?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:31 am

Come on Darth.... those rookies can be ballers :wink:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Real talk Darth... as a commish you have a responsibility to make sure garbage trades don't happen but when you are the commish and you're the one doing the garbage, that's just not cool bro.

Again, I've been labeled a hater with worthless posts so I will have a team to match that persona.

Let's see who votes these trades down because there is no bloody way in heaven or hell that these could even reach "vote" status in THNFF. Understand now Darth?

Actually I'm still a little confused but the more I looked at everything the more I saw how LPJ would have ultimate bragging rights if he could construct a team this way and kick our tails. It would be awesome. It would also be incredibly fun to pull it off.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna play it.

I tried to vote against our (LPJ's and mine) trade but it wouldn't let me. Since I can't vote against my own trade, I won't vote against the others.

LPJ - I almost want you to win with this team now. I will be your biggest supporter and I will =D> and :hail: while expecting you to :nana: and ROTFALMAO .

I am so cool wit dat. Even now my confusion is ebbing.

My sincere apologies.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 am

ROTFALMAO

Darth, just as long as you understand where I'm coming from with my worthless posts.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:36 pm

I never ever ever called one of your post worthless .... did I? If I did .... I meant it. Monkey

:lol:

Does this sound more like how I might wanna look at it (last year in THN is the ONLY time I've ever played FF and I probably got a little obsessed)?

Take whatever I can get in the non-money fun leagues but vote down other trades I don't like. :twisted:

Basically treat THN like a money league. =P~

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:36 pm

HOGS and Yard Birds check your trades. I proposed 2 of them a week ago...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:13 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:HOGS and Yard Birds check your trades. I proposed 2 of them a week ago...

:roll:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:21 pm

This sounds like a great league.

I must say, I like Yahoo much better than NFL for FF.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:26 pm

If my team is 1-5 and I summit a waiver claim for a player that a 5-1 team summits the same claim for... how do I not get that player?

I know you're the commish but don't make up the rules as you go just because you're the commish.

That is bogus and you know it ... play the game right or step down as the commish.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:32 pm

1niksder wrote:If my team is 1-5 and I summit a waiver claim for a player that a 5-1 team summits the same claim for... how do I not get that player?

I know you're the commish but don't make up the rules as you go just because you're the commish.

That is bogus and you know it ... play the game right or step down as the commish.
You asked me if I was cool with you dropping LPJ and Black Sheep.... and I said that's on you. Now you can drop DuvalSkins too.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:53 pm

1niksder wrote:If my team is 1-5 and I summit a waiver claim for a player that a 5-1 team summits the same claim for... how do I not get that player?

I'm not in that league, but waivers generally go in reverse draft order, Once you make a claim, you go to the bottom of the list. It's got nothing to do with record.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby 1niksder » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:31 am

Deadskins wrote:

I'm not in that league, but waivers generally go in reverse draft order, Once you make a claim, you go to the bottom of the list. It's got nothing to do with record.

Like I said, I'm new at this AND this was the league I would use to learn FF, I also might have picked before him (I don't know... or how to check :roll: )

At the same time why would you as the commish want to remove someone as a owner (because you can't drop the team) because you don't like the roster moves that player made after you (as the commish) denied a perfectly good trade.... back in the pre-season.

We won't mention droping Black Sheep for non participation yet the other waiver claim I missed out went to Black Sheep....

Like I said I learning :!:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:17 am

Deadskins wrote:

Thanks
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to General Manager's Office