2012 Honest predictions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Deadskins wrote:
The Hogster wrote:1 at New Orleans L
2 at St. Louis W
3 Cincinnati W
4 at Tampa Bay W
5 Atlanta L
6 Minnesota W
7 at NY Giants W
8 at Pittsburgh L
9 Carolina W
11 Philadelphia W
12 at Dallas W
13 NY Giants W
14 Baltimore L
15 at Cleveland W
16 at Philadelphia W

What the hell, 11-5. Only because I can't pick us to ever lose versus the Cowboys. And, I'll give us the repeat versus the Giants.
17 Dallas W

I count 12-4 there.

Whatever
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby the poster » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:58 pm

they'll be bad like they always are, but they traded away they're future (2013 and 2014 first round picks belong to the rams) plus this is year 3 for shanhan , so they have addl pressure to start winning now.

6-10 or 7-9 is not acceptable becuz if that happens it turns 2013 into a make the playoffs or get fired season and you can start the revolving coaches again in d.c.

they went all in by making the wildest trade for a college player in history, and there's repercussions for that.

win or else. and they're not good enough to win, as most people realize.
beat up, oft injured offensive line
overrated defense with a bad secondary
questionable kicker
6 maybe 7 wins. but this is what they are EVERY year.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:38 pm

I'm saying 7-9...maybe 8-8. That would be pretty impressive with this schedule a rookie QB and an iffy secondary. Anything above 8 wins will be ridiculous. Anything below 7 wins will be a disappointment. Arrow is pointing up on this franchise though.
I think by next year, our line really starts to get better with Leribeus getting the start. Williams, Leribeus, Montgomery, Chester, and we need a 2nd round tackle. Draft a center for development.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:40 pm

16-0. Yup.
XVII XXII XXVI

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:10 pm

We would be fortunate to split our division games. My guess there is 2-4.

We play NOS, ATL, CAR, and BUC. A split would be good though 1-3 is not unlikely. I'll say 2-2.

We play RAV, PIT, BEN, and CLE. 3 of them made the playoffs. At least we play BEN at home. I'll say 2-2.

Strength of schedule gives us VIK and RAM. I've been a hair optimistic in our non-division games so I'll say 1-1 here.

I get 7-9.

I think we could easily be better than last year but go 5-11 again. I would not necessarily be terribly disappointed with 6-10. I'd be "happy" with 7-9.

Anything could happen. If we find a way to win a few early, confidence can make crazy things happen. I'm not giving up but I expect 6-10.

No QB drafted 1st or 2nd has EVER led his team to a .500 record or better. I'd love to change that stat.

At the overly optimistic end we go 4-2 in the NFC East, 2-2 against the NFC South, 2-2 against the AFC, and 2-0 against the dregs.

We top out at 10-6.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:52 pm

I really want to win that first game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Postby SalihJones » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:25 pm

the poster wrote:they'll be bad like they always are, but they traded away they're future (2013 and 2014 first round picks belong to the rams) plus this is year 3 for shanhan , so they have addl pressure to start winning now.

6-10 or 7-9 is not acceptable becuz if that happens it turns 2013 into a make the playoffs or get fired season and you can start the revolving coaches again in d.c.

they went all in by making the wildest trade for a college player in history, and there's repercussions for that.

win or else. and they're not good enough to win, as most people realize.
beat up, oft injured offensive line
overrated defense with a bad secondary
questionable kicker
6 maybe 7 wins. but this is what they are EVERY year.

I saw your statement but i think that we could win at least
9 games yeah we traded away our next 2 first rounders
But will have our cap room back so will be able to make the team better
& our schedule hella tough but at the same time thats just gonna make us better every week because of the level of comp were up against
Will be fine as long we can block on offense & not give up the big play on defense

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 am

I figure we will be 9-0 at the bye, but then come on strong headed down the stretch as the oline gels and RGIII gets settled in.

:lol:
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:47 am

HTTR
Hail victory
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:36 am

SalihJones wrote:Will be fine as long we can block on offense & not give up the big play on defense

so will every team. but 20 of them aren't fine.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:03 pm

The Hogster wrote:So many things factor into it, like injuries to our team and the other team.

But, I expect our general realistic record to land somewhere between

8-8 and 10-6

I don't think this is a 6-10 team like last year's squad. And, I think RG3 will be good for at least 2 additional wins. If things really shake out well, we could win the NFC East at 10-6.

Right now, I just want to beat the Saints though.

I don't see Griffen being as good as Newton in year one, Newton played in the SEC. I think he'll show why we drafted him, but we're going to lose more then we win his rookie year.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:09 pm

15-1.. cuz no one's perfect (anymore).

..das how we do..

GO SKINS !

..and go Giants tomorrow night too! :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:14 pm

Well, maybe difficult for a hardcore fan to present an unjaded reply to a w/l question at the beginning of the season, when hope springs eternal....so to speak. I think we should be around .500....and pretty much concur with the w/l of the OP. If the Beck experiment had not have happened last season, we may have hit that mark....and seeing as how I believe we have significantly improved at some important positions, I believe that we will win more than 5 games. Certainly more than the two that ESPN mag predicted. Oline and secondary are concerns....probably secondary is more of a potential issue as there was a general overhaul there, and a new coach.

1 at New Orleans L
2 at St. Louis W
3 Cincinnati W
4 at Tampa Bay W
5 Atlanta L
6 Minnesota W
7 at NY Giants L
8 at Pittsburgh L
9 Carolina W
11 Philadelphia W
12 at Dallas L
13 NY Giants W
14 Baltimore L
15 at Cleveland W
16 at Philadelphia L
17 Dallas W
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Honest prediction: 7-9. An 8-8 season would represent real hope (that's how far we've fallen), and a winning season would be a giddy experience. Could be as bad as 5-11 if the offensive line doesn't come together, but I'll stick with 7-9 as my prediction.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Oh man, what is all of this gloom and doom of 5-11 ... 7-9 .. stuff? I feel like you guys have been reading too much of the "poster's" posts.

The key is going to be how healthy the o-line stays ... and how successful the Redskins are at addressing the inevitable injuries. So my predictions are prefaced by that ability to keep them performing at a decent level, and I think RG3's mobility will help the o-line issues tremendously. Keep in mind that Rex was a sitting duck that couldn't outrun a nose tackle.

RG3 will no doubt have his rookie moments, and we all have to be patient when those things pop up .... but I believe even with that, he'll perform at a level well exceeding Rex in 2011. And though the schedule is tough, we're fortunate enough to have the weakest part of it early (excepting NO), which will allow RG3 to get rookie mistakes worked out without costing the team a bunch of L's early and digging a hole the team can't pull out of.

Since the Redskins seem to always lose a couple of games we are supposed to win, and win a couple we are supposed to lose ... without specifying , I say we could start out at 4-2 or even 5-1 easily. And if we do, we could legitimately finish either 9-7 or 10-6, just by going 5-5 for the final 10 games. That is doable if RG3 has a good rookie season.

If RG3 has a "great" rookie year, I say the Skins could finish 11-5 and win the division ... just look at last year .... NYG won it with a 9-7 record, we beat them twice, and we lost to the Cowboys by very skinny margins and could have won both of those games.

The Redskins are a legitimate 6-10/7-9 team with Rex at QB ..... and I think RG3's skills can account for at least 3 more wins.

Furthermore, I agree that Pittsburgh is not the powerhouse it has been in the past, and the Cowboys and Giants have their own set of problems that I don't feel makes them significantly better this year than they were last year. I believe the Redskins improved more than either the Giants or Boys. How we handle Filthy will go a long way in determining the division and payoffs this year.

As a wild card issue ... not only does RG3 help the Redskin o-line and inside running game (due to his ability to run, preventing defenses from stacking the box and overcommitting to stop that run game) as well as helping pass pro ... his ability to move the chains will tremendously help keep the defense fresher in the latter stages of games, compared to the 3 and out contests Grossman and Beck seemed to want to have.

Offensively, I think Garcon represents a legitimate outside threat that is going to open up even greater opportunities for Moss to have a killer year working out of the slot ... and Fred Davis will also benefit. RG3 has good vision, and his mobility will equate to many more big plays in the passing game, and more points.

Defensively, I'm not as worried about the secondary as most are ... as I think Morris is going to be a difference maker, as I've already noticed the Redskins playing more aggressively and not giving these 10 yards cushions at the line. That will cost us some big plays, but in the long run, more press coverage tends to slow down that short passing game, and will allow the pass rush more opportunities. If the defense had one major flaw last year, that is were I saw it most .... too much room was given up by the corners for those easy 5 yard, chain moving pass and catch plays.

I'm optimistic, from a tangible and measurable point of view. (I think :wink: )

But then again, we could go 4-12 and see Jon Gruden become the new 2013 Redskin head coach. :wink:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football