Lichtensteiger's knee scoped - What Shape is the O Line in?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:35 pm

He's 6'8 360lbs, 32 years old, and good.

We prefer Short, light, young, bad linemen. :lol:

Seriously though, he would be a Right Tackle here and would be lining up next to Chris Chester, a former Raven. Our O Line coach, coached the Ravens as well.

I doubt we pull the trigger though.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Yeah just read that about McKinnie too. Might be worth a look, but these issues with his conditioning don't sound good.

Did anybody else read this Tandler blog over the weekend? Might make you feel a little better about the o-line, lots of truth here:

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandle ... emic-.html
Redskins aren’t the only team with O-line issues

In today’s Sunday Blitz on the National Football Post, Dan Pompei discusses the state of offensive line play in the today’s NFL.

As I went through my tour of training camps, it struck me how one theme was constant wherever I went: offensive line play is a concern. Every team had some sort of issue up front on offense. I don’t believe there is a coaching staff in the league that is completely comfortable with its offensive line.

There is no question line play has deteriorated in recent years. Neither individual linemen nor offensive line units are what they used to be.

Pompei quotes Mike Shanahan one position that has been a sore spot for the Redskins for a number of years.

“Everybody says we don’t have a good right tackle,” said Shanahan. “I say show me who does?”

One interesting reason for offensive line issues cited in the article is the lack of continuity. Only two NFL teams are expected to start the same five players in the same five offensive line positions this year as they did last year.

Other factors cited were the use of the spread offense by so many college programs, leading to linemen coming into the league who have never had to hold a block for more than a second or two, and the shortened offseason program, which leads to poor technique.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:00 pm

The Hogster wrote:He's 6'8 360lbs, 32 years old, and good.

We prefer Short, light, young, bad linemen. :lol:

Seriously though, he would be a Right Tackle here and would be lining up next to Chris Chester, a former Raven. Our O Line coach, coached the Ravens as well.

I doubt we pull the trigger though.

That's a good point, it could help sway him to play the right side
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:24 pm

McKinnie agreed to restructured deal to stay with Ravens.

Nothing to see here folks.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:05 pm

No way our oline is worse then the pukes.... NO WAY.

Oh and Eli is doin well vs their shiny new corners... Same crappy safeties! Lmao glad they passed on Baron!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:34 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:No way our oline is worse then the pukes.... NO WAY.

Oh and Eli is doin well vs their shiny new corners... Same crappy safeties! Lmao glad they passed on Baron!

True man. Their o-line is a mess.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Shanny says J Brown should be back after the by week :roll:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:36 pm

1niksder wrote:Shanny says J Brown should be back after the by week :roll:

That's interesting, and all.... but has he been "back" since he joined the team? I get that we don't have anything else, but I'm not hopeful that he will ever contribute anything close to his good years in the Crescent City...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:50 am

Countertrey wrote:
1niksder wrote:Shanny says J Brown should be back after the by week :roll:

That's interesting, and all.... but has he been "back" since he joined the team? I get that we don't have anything else, but I'm not hopeful that he will ever contribute anything close to his good years in the Crescent City...

I hear what you're saying, I felt the same way and went as far as saying although I still think it was a good trade (value wise), it's starting to look like the trade it was tied to :shock:

But then I look at all the time Kory Lichtensteiger missed, with pro bowl back ground, no real reason to hold on to him whatsoever yet they saw something and held on to him (at a cost) for as long as they've held on to Brown.

It's true Brown hasn't been back since his injuries but when he did play it was with Kory on the other side and the only issue was RG. There was much talk about O-line problems. KOey is back and I have heard no complaints.

So I can only hope that the team's thought process couldn't have missed twice in a 30 day period when draft picks were involved.

With the draft picks pretty much linking the two trades it's almost like Shanny has to make Brown work out... Hope I'm wrong on that and he really sees something
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football