Survivor Pool?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:35 am

DarthMonk wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I've set up a survivor pool on cbssports.com.

You pick the winner of one game each week - no point spreads involved. Your pick must win or you are done. You may only use a team once. Thus, if you pick the Saints and they win - you survive. However, you can never pick the Saints again.

Last survivor wins.

http://70c.football.cbssports.com/e

Pool Password: 70Chip

Use this thread for any problems for now.

DarthMonk

I've made my pick. We currently have 4 players.

We currently have 6 registered players and 3 of them have posted their Week 1 pick. I'm NOT going to check here then do it for you.

Please make sure you enter your pick at cbs.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:44 am

DarthMonk wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I've set up a survivor pool on cbssports.com.

You pick the winner of one game each week - no point spreads involved. Your pick must win or you are done. You may only use a team once. Thus, if you pick the Saints and they win - you survive. However, you can never pick the Saints again.

Last survivor wins.

http://70c.football.cbssports.com/e

Pool Password: 70Chip

Use this thread for any problems for now.

DarthMonk

I've made my pick. We currently have 4 players.

We currently have 6 registered players and 3 of them have posted their Week 1 pick. I'm NOT going to check here then do it for you.

Please make sure you enter your pick at cbs.

DarthMonk

BTW:

All Games will lock five minutes before the start of the week's first game. If a member does not make their selection prior to this deadline, that user will receive an incorrect pick for the week and be eliminated.

Please Note - All selections by pool members will be displayed in the view all picks area once this lock occurs.

Also, the rule that you can only use a team once is standard but I don't see it on the site.

Nevertheless, you can't use a team more than once and I will enforce it.

DathMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

cleg

Postby cleg » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Made my pick. It is hardest in week 1 since you really don't know which teams take a step forward, back, to the side, etc.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:46 pm

cleg wrote:Made my pick. It is hardest in week 1 since you really don't know which teams take a step forward, back, to the side, etc.
+1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:44 am

I tried to join, but it won't let me make a pick. I wasn't planning to pick yesterday's game, but I thought I had until Sunday. Seems pretty stupid, but it is what it is. My regular survivor pool just doesn't let you pick a game more than an hour before it starts. It doesn't lock the week at the first game.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:46 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:I tried to join, but it won't let me make a pick. I wasn't planning to pick yesterday's game, but I thought I had until Sunday. Seems pretty stupid, but it is what it is. My regular survivor pool just doesn't let you pick a game more than an hour before it starts. It doesn't lock the week at the first game.

Post it here I'm sure the owner can add ya in
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:51 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:I tried to join, but it won't let me make a pick. I wasn't planning to pick yesterday's game, but I thought I had until Sunday. Seems pretty stupid, but it is what it is. My regular survivor pool just doesn't let you pick a game more than an hour before it starts. It doesn't lock the week at the first game.

DarthMonk wrote:BTW:

All Games will lock five minutes before the start of the week's first game. If a member does not make their selection prior to this deadline, that user will receive an incorrect pick for the week and be eliminated.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:25 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:

Post it here I'm sure the owner can add ya in

Bears
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Deadskins wrote:

It's all right with me. But I'll enter picks if I'm allowed to.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:33 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

You picked the Bears in the other thread long before the deadline, so I'm OK if they want to honor that and let you in, but Darth responded to you with a couple of posts to get into the league he set up, and then posted the rules as well, so I'm OK with them not allowing you in too. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:34 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

You picked the Bears in the other thread long before the deadline, so I'm OK if they want to honor that and let you in, but Darth responded to you with a couple of posts to get into the league he set up, and then posted the rules as well, so I'm OK with them not allowing you in too. :lol:

Either way works, I'll assume I'm out unless I hear otherwise.

Return to Around the League