2012 Honest predictions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine

Postby masterkwon » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:24 pm

the poster wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:Washington has been consistently on the wrong side for over a decade. EARN IT.

Closer to two actually.

Hog

Postby the poster » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Chris Luva wrote:Sadly, too many fans don't realize how terrible the organization was. They don't understand how much work has gone into it. This franchise is not what it used to be, but at least we're no longer the laughing stock of the league. It's an organization that's viewed in a positive light now. I'm grateful for that.

the team needs to win games first.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Image.

Scroll to the troll.
Scroll to the troll.
SCROLL TO THE TROLL!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:57 pm

the poster wrote:
Chris Luva wrote:Sadly, too many fans don't realize how terrible the organization was. They don't understand how much work has gone into it. This franchise is not what it used to be, but at least we're no longer the laughing stock of the league. It's an organization that's viewed in a positive light now. I'm grateful for that.

Excellent point, you always are on target. Just for my reference, how many games do we need to win? At what point can we bring you back into the fold and count on your support?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:46 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
the poster wrote:

Excellent point, you always are on target. Just for my reference, how many games do we need to win? At what point can we bring you back into the fold and count on your support?

Didn't you know, Frank? He's the only real fan out there.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
cleg wrote:I'm tired of being patient.

This is the sentiment which causes decisions that results in a need for even more patience

Bam, now that's what I'm talking about. We have a winner! Perfectly put. :up:

I wish I wrote a better sentence. :lol:

Yeah ... it's missing a period ... but it's perfect.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:No, it definitely can't because it's already gotten better my brutha!

Sadly, too many fans don't realize how terrible the organization was. They don't understand how much work has gone into it. This franchise is not what it used to be, but at least we're no longer the laughing stock of the league. It's an organization that's viewed in a positive light now. I'm grateful for that.

It's similar to the current economic situation. Things were so screwed up it takes a lot of time to fix.

My 2 cents

Oops .. not The Lounge.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:My own observation last year was that merely adequate, much less accurate, QB play would have nudged us over the edge. We were clearly a competitive team, but we made mistakes that kept us from closing things out. A stout running attack and adequate defense were enough to keep us in it. What we needed were good throws on 3rd down to keep drives alive, and a big play down the field now and then to make other teams respect the threat we represented. We just weren't going to get that from Grossman, though he was a good enough game manager to keep us in the mix though disadvantaged.

As I said at the time and then again leading up to the draft, we really were that close to winning games: add competitive QB play, and I think we're going to be able to give teams problems. QB was our bottleneck. It isn't anymore.

Time will tell, but so far I am still confident with my prediction. The preseason went well for RGIII, and I'm inclined to believe all the sources who say the offeason camps and workouts went just as well, too.

Heck, if you take all of Rex's strip sacks and picks to wide open LBs and simply turn them into fetal-position give ups we go 8-8.

Still, we could be a much better team across the board and have the same record. We easily play 5 playoff-caliber teams outside our division. That makes 11 games against really good teams. 8-8 would be a terrific year and, again ...

No QB picked 1 or 2 overall has ever led his team to a .500 or better record.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:07 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:My own observation last year was that merely adequate, much less accurate, QB play would have nudged us over the edge. We were clearly a competitive team, but we made mistakes that kept us from closing things out. A stout running attack and adequate defense were enough to keep us in it. What we needed were good throws on 3rd down to keep drives alive, and a big play down the field now and then to make other teams respect the threat we represented. We just weren't going to get that from Grossman, though he was a good enough game manager to keep us in the mix though disadvantaged.

As I said at the time and then again leading up to the draft, we really were that close to winning games: add competitive QB play, and I think we're going to be able to give teams problems. QB was our bottleneck. It isn't anymore.

Time will tell, but so far I am still confident with my prediction. The preseason went well for RGIII, and I'm inclined to believe all the sources who say the offeason camps and workouts went just as well, too.

Heck, if you take all of Rex's strip sacks and picks to wide open LBs and simply turn them into fetal-position give ups we go 8-8.

Still, we could be a much better team across the board and have the same record. We easily play 5 playoff-caliber teams outside our division. That makes 11 games against really good teams. 8-8 would be a terrific year and, again ...

No QB picked 1 or 2 overall has ever led his team to a .500 or better record.

Just one record RG the third breaks!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:45 pm

I think that stat could go away too - but it's not all RGIII

we could see incredible perfomances from our LBs this season - Fletcher, Kerrigan, Orakpo and Riley - these are a special group

we are getting better and we really could win 8 or more games

we really just need to keep making progress

this first game IMO could go either way but it's going to be awfully difficult to compete against one of the NFL's best QBs right now

we just have to hope that we see a lot of good things from our guys .... win or lose

that's a good thing :wink:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:16 am

SkinsJock wrote: this first game IMO could go either way but it's going to be awfully difficult to compete against one of the NFL's best QBs right now.

So, am I am a horrible fan if I start Brees and I fantasy league this week? My other quarterback option is not near is good. But is that my heart my fandom if I play Brees and hope for a shootout?

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:17 am

SkinsJock wrote: this first game IMO could go either way but it's going to be awfully difficult to compete against one of the NFL's best QBs right now.

So, am I am a horrible fan if I start Brees and I fantasy league this week? My other quarterback option is not near is good. But is that my heart my fandom if I play Brees and hope for a shootout?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:39 am

I'm starting Brees in two leagues. With our DB situation, how could you not?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:44 am

Deadskins wrote:I'm starting Brees in two leagues. With our DB situation, how could you not?

+1 - I agree with this - I'm not a Fantasy player but Drew Brees would be high on my QB list if I did

RGIII could have a great game and we might still lose - the Saints are one of the better NFC teams

that's what we're looking for here - seeing this team show that they can compete with the better teams each and every Sunday
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:48 am

it all depends which Redskins show up.

The ones that beat the Superbowl winners twice and went toe-to-toe with the Patriots last season, staying with them until well into the 4th quarter - or the Redskins that went north of the border and got shutout by Buffalo. Stinky, rubbish, Buffalo.

With the upgrades we now have at QB and WR, those first Redskins could pull off a great win in N'orleans.

Those upgrades alone wouldn't be enough to turn around a performance like the one against Buffalo however.

This really is a team game, lets not lose sight of that.

My gut says we do it, I've got £20 on us to win at 4-1.

C'MON WASHINGTON!!!!!!!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football