Gano Cut - Cundiff Signed/Cut - Kai Forbath Signed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 am

I'm not sure that first FG was good. It looked like it went directly over the post. I'm not even sure the scab refs knew what to call on it. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

cleg

Postby cleg » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:44 am

Deadskins wrote:I'm not sure that first FG was good. It looked like it went directly over the post. I'm not even sure the scab refs knew what to call on it. :lol:
I thought it was no good then the replay from under the goal post showed it was, indeed, good.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:48 am

cleg wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm not sure that first FG was good. It looked like it went directly over the post. I'm not even sure the scab refs knew what to call on it. :lol:
I thought it was no good then the replay from under the goal post showed it was, indeed, good.

I never saw a replay. In fact, we never even saw the "good" call. It wasn't until after the commercial break, when they came back with the kick-off, that those at the bar knew it was actually called good.

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:50 am

cleg wrote:Gano was cut? I thought they brought Cundiff in to compete. If true, I have a bad feeling about this - like David Akers.

Other then looking really, really gay when he kicks off, wow, what a great first game Cundiff had.

And I know what you're saying about Akers, but there's something wrong in Gano's head kicking under pressure and I don't think we can never cut another kicker again because of Akers.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:there's something wrong in Gano's head kicking under pressure

That's the only reason I wasn't totally against the move. I liked Gano's leg strength, his youth, and that he seemed to be getting better each season, but he still had that failure under pressure aura, which is what I think is the reason Shanny showed him the door.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 am

I was a Gano supporter last season but ...

For all the talk about Gano's leg - he did not consistently get the ball as deep as we saw yesterday from Cundiff

I'll stick with my prediction that Billy Cundiff will be the kicker here for more than just this season :D
Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:32 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Billy Cundiff will be our kicker for more than 1 season :lol:

Why?

If we needed a guy that will only hit 3 out of 4 kick we could have just kept the guy with potential. Cundiff has been hitting 3 out of 4 (77% career success rate) for the past eight years.

He has no up side. Sure he might kick better than 77% but the olds are against it. I would have rather kept the 80% guy (Rackers) or the younger 77% guy that was improving instead of regressing.
Beside Cundiff is a former Cowturd and I don't like Cowturds. Heck I don't even want any on my fantasy team, let alone my real team.

:nana:
Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:16 am

SkinsJock wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Billy Cundiff will be our kicker for more than 1 season :lol:

Why?

If we needed a guy that will only hit 3 out of 4 kick we could have just kept the guy with potential. Cundiff has been hitting 3 out of 4 (77% career success rate) for the past eight years.

He has no up side. Sure he might kick better than 77% but the olds are against it. I would have rather kept the 80% guy (Rackers) or the younger 77% guy that was improving instead of regressing.
Beside Cundiff is a former Cowturd and I don't like Cowturds. Heck I don't even want any on my fantasy team, let alone my real team.

:nana:

What did yesterday prove? Nothing! It only proves that we have a 1 for 3 or several 3 for 4 days coming. Cundiff is what he is; a 76% kicker!

So doing anyhting else would be an outlier. Go back and look at his career, he SUCKS!

I thought he missed the first kick and thought he was going to miss every kick after that. And once he got to 3 for 3 I thought it was a certainty that he would miss the the 4th to make it 3 out of 4, or EXACTLY what he is, a kicker that misses one out of every 4 kicks.

On kick offs. Same as Gano. With one exception. MS told Danny Smith to knock off that coffin corner kick crap! DS has been told that MS doesn't want ANY returns. Now Cundiff will be able to do that on most kicks, but with that direction Gano could have done it on EVERY kick off.

I'm not a Gano fan, I just know he is better than Cundiff!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:19 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:What did yesterday prove? Nothing! It only proves that we have a 1 for 3 or several 3 for 4 days coming. Cundiff is what he is; a 76% kicker!

Not sure it works like that man. Gano was a 100% kicker in 2009.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:23 pm

riggofan wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:What did yesterday prove? Nothing! It only proves that we have a 1 for 3 or several 3 for 4 days coming. Cundiff is what he is; a 76% kicker!

That is why I'm not talking about one year, I'm talking about what Cundiff is over his 8 or 9 year career.

Gano was trending up and Cundiff was trending down (back to his Norm).
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:there's something wrong in Gano's head kicking under pressure

That's the only reason I wasn't totally against the move. I liked Gano's leg strength, his youth, and that he seemed to be getting better each season, but he still had that failure under pressure aura, which is what I think is the reason Shanny showed him the door.

Cundiff's leg proves to be stronger......no? He was booming it with many resulting in touchbacks.

Gano was not doing that.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:25 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Cundiff's leg proves to be stronger......no? He was booming it with many resulting in touchbacks.

Gano was not doing that.

I'm pretty sure he was being asked not to. Shanny decided to just go for touchbacks this year. I think Gano could have kicked them through the endzone too, if he had wanted.

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:47 pm

I get nervous every time he lines up. I basked in the humiliation of my Raven loving fam and friends last season. It was an amazing thing, not one word needed to be said. I mean, the drop in the endzone... Snatching victory away from them at the last moment, the rushed FG... The shock of the announcers... The angst. The hurt. The anger.

Cundiff will kick a meaningful FG against them when we meet. It will be glorious. LOLOL
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:38 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

That is why I'm not talking about one year, I'm talking about what Cundiff is over his 8 or 9 year career.

Gano was trending up and Cundiff was trending down (back to his Norm).

Its just a ludicrous statement over a meaningless number. You're taking the average of his FGM over his entire career and claiming that number tells us something meaningful, which it doesn't.

Gano was "trending up"? He missed 11 kicks in 2010 and then missed 10 kicks + an extra point in 2011. That's a 68% kicker improving to 75%.

Cundiff missed 5 kicks in 2009. 3 kicks in 2010 and 9 kicks in 2011. He hasn't missed 10 kicks in a season in his entire 10 year career.

Everybody who watched Gano the past two years knows he was horrible. You can hardly blame Shanahan for not wanting to ride it out with Gano in year three. If Cundiff continues to send the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs and misses less than 10 kicks this year, then Shanny upgraded the kicker position.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:49 pm

riggofan wrote:then missed 10 kicks + an extra point in 2011.

Yeah, and Sav Rocca missed that punt that went for a Saints TD yesterday. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football