2012 Honest predictions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
ATX
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:06 pm

I was wrong in my predictions. DEAD wrong. Good on our boys for securing the win. Been a long time since I saw a score like that.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14239
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
riggofan wrote: I couldn't be happier to have the team prove me wrong and beat the Saints yesterday


The only one who wasn't proven wrong yesterday was Langley...


A lot of us picked skins to win...


Yeah, but Langley believed it

Langley gets his truth from a teleprompter...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 12912
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:50 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:,, A lot of us picked the skins to win...


TRUE fans always want their team to win and any fan that 'picks' against their own team is basically a low life :twisted:
Hail to the Redskins

ATX
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:50 am

SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:,, A lot of us picked the skins to win...


TRUE fans always want their team to win and any fan that 'picks' against their own team is basically a low life :twisted:


Thanks for the definition. You either don't bet for money or are completely broke.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

~~~~~~
Posts: 10207
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:09 am

ATX_Skins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:,, A lot of us picked the skins to win...


TRUE fans always want their team to win and any fan that 'picks' against their own team is basically a low life :twisted:


Thanks for the definition. You either don't bet for money or are completely broke.

SJ might not bet for money or be be broke but he is no low life. :twisted:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

cleg
Posts: 2634
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Postby cleg » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:49 am

I bet for money every week but never bet on Redskins games. My judgement is too clouded and I cannot possibly root agaisnt them. There are plenty of other games to bet each week. That's why I don't do fantasy either, besides taking too much time i cannot root for any NFC east player or Skins opponent to rack up stats.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

08 Champ
Posts: 12912
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:41 am

ATX_Skins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote: .. A lot of us picked the skins to win...

TRUE fans always want their team to win and any fan that 'picks' against their own team is basically a low life :twisted:

Thanks for the definition. You either don't bet for money or are completely broke.

you might be right on both counts .... :roll: where is the corelation here and who cares

it does not change the statement - a REAL fan ALWAYS wants his team to find a way to win

we are still not as good a team as the Saints but we found a way to win that game


I think it's STUPID to bet on games or gamble - I do not give money to bookies

IMO - a person that does not bet on games OR gamble is a LOT LESS likely to be "completely broke" than someone who does :wink:
Hail to the Redskins

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:22 am

I'm in a money pool at work for 5 bucks a week. That is not gambling at my income level.

I pick against the 'Skins when I think they will lose. When I pick against them I cheer for them to win. If they do it's the best 5 bucks I ever lost. If that makes me a low-life then so be it.

The THN pool is free. I never pick against the 'Skins there.

In fantasy I do not harbor Cowgirls on my squad and I sit people against the 'Skins.

Back to topic:

This win made us a favorite in more than half our games at this moment. We were pick'em against the Rams. Now it's WAS -3.

We are probably a small favorite in all division home games right now. We might even be a favorite in all home games except the Ravens and maybe Atlanta. The pressure is beginning to shift toward us.

Should be fun.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4187
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 am

I'm a homer, can never pick against the Skins. I posted on here last week that I thought the Saints would win, but I still took the Skins in my pick'em league. Good thing I am not a professional gambler.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15736
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:11 am

DarthMonk wrote:I'm in a money pool at work for 5 bucks a week. That is not gambling at my income level.

I pick against the 'Skins when I think they will lose. When I pick against them I cheer for them to win. If they do it's the best 5 bucks I ever lost. If that makes me a low-life then so be it.

The THN pool is free. I never pick against the 'Skins there.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Hognostications, where ATX picked the Saints. This subject has been discussed at length many times over the years. Why someone would pick against the Skins, in a pool of Skins fans, playing only for pride amongst said fans, is beyond me. Even if you did win that one game, you have to know that you are gaining a leg up in the competition by picking the opponent, when everyone else is not going to do that. It's not very sportsmanlike. We call those people Hognostitraitors. No Hognostitraitor has ever won the season pool, so you do so at your own peril. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:03 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I'm in a money pool at work for 5 bucks a week. That is not gambling at my income level.

I pick against the 'Skins when I think they will lose. When I pick against them I cheer for them to win. If they do it's the best 5 bucks I ever lost. If that makes me a low-life then so be it.

The THN pool is free. I never pick against the 'Skins there.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Hognostications, where ATX picked the Saints. This subject has been discussed at length many times over the years. Why someone would pick against the Skins, in a pool of Skins fans, playing only for pride amongst said fans, is beyond me. Even if you did win that one game, you have to know that you are gaining a leg up in the competition by picking the opponent, when everyone else is not going to do that. It's not very sportsmanlike. We call those people Hognostitraitors. No Hognostitraitor has ever won the season pool, so you do so at your own peril. :twisted:


I am getting a little worried about this obsession you have with me DS.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

ATX
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 am

SkinsJock wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote: .. A lot of us picked the skins to win...

TRUE fans always want their team to win and any fan that 'picks' against their own team is basically a low life :twisted:

Thanks for the definition. You either don't bet for money or are completely broke.

you might be right on both counts .... :roll: where is the corelation here and who cares

it does not change the statement - a REAL fan ALWAYS wants his team to find a way to win

we are still not as good a team as the Saints but we found a way to win that game


I think it's STUPID to bet on games or gamble - I do not give money to bookies

IMO - a person that does not bet on games OR gamble is a LOT LESS likely to be "completely broke" than someone who does :wink:


Of course a true fan always wants his team to win. Doesn't mean they will pick them in a pool or a pick em league.

I picked the Skins to lose in the pool, yes. However, when my neighbor (Dallas fan) came to watch I bet 60 bucks on the Skins. If being a true fan means never being objective, well then I'm not sure what to tell you.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15736
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:08 am

ATX_Skins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I'm in a money pool at work for 5 bucks a week. That is not gambling at my income level.

I pick against the 'Skins when I think they will lose. When I pick against them I cheer for them to win. If they do it's the best 5 bucks I ever lost. If that makes me a low-life then so be it.

The THN pool is free. I never pick against the 'Skins there.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Hognostications, where ATX picked the Saints. This subject has been discussed at length many times over the years. Why someone would pick against the Skins, in a pool of Skins fans, playing only for pride amongst said fans, is beyond me. Even if you did win that one game, you have to know that you are gaining a leg up in the competition by picking the opponent, when everyone else is not going to do that. It's not very sportsmanlike. We call those people Hognostitraitors. No Hognostitraitor has ever won the season pool, so you do so at your own peril. :twisted:


I am getting a little worried about this obsession you have with me DS.

Seriously? But you're so lovable. Who isn't obsessed with you? :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:16 am

Deadskins wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I'm in a money pool at work for 5 bucks a week. That is not gambling at my income level.

I pick against the 'Skins when I think they will lose. When I pick against them I cheer for them to win. If they do it's the best 5 bucks I ever lost. If that makes me a low-life then so be it.

The THN pool is free. I never pick against the 'Skins there.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Hognostications, where ATX picked the Saints. This subject has been discussed at length many times over the years. Why someone would pick against the Skins, in a pool of Skins fans, playing only for pride amongst said fans, is beyond me. Even if you did win that one game, you have to know that you are gaining a leg up in the competition by picking the opponent, when everyone else is not going to do that. It's not very sportsmanlike. We call those people Hognostitraitors. No Hognostitraitor has ever won the season pool, so you do so at your own peril. :twisted:


I am getting a little worried about this obsession you have with me DS.

Seriously? But you're so lovable. Who isn't obsessed with you? :roll:


I honestly didn't think that was a rule. I will vote for the Skins every time from now on I suppose.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15736
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:19 am

ATX_Skins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I'm in a money pool at work for 5 bucks a week. That is not gambling at my income level.

I pick against the 'Skins when I think they will lose. When I pick against them I cheer for them to win. If they do it's the best 5 bucks I ever lost. If that makes me a low-life then so be it.

The THN pool is free. I never pick against the 'Skins there.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Hognostications, where ATX picked the Saints. This subject has been discussed at length many times over the years. Why someone would pick against the Skins, in a pool of Skins fans, playing only for pride amongst said fans, is beyond me. Even if you did win that one game, you have to know that you are gaining a leg up in the competition by picking the opponent, when everyone else is not going to do that. It's not very sportsmanlike. We call those people Hognostitraitors. No Hognostitraitor has ever won the season pool, so you do so at your own peril. :twisted:


I am getting a little worried about this obsession you have with me DS.

Seriously? But you're so lovable. Who isn't obsessed with you? :roll:


I honestly didn't think that was a rule. I will vote for the Skins every time from now on I suppose.

It's not a rule. Pick who you like. I think I made my point above.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football