GameDay Thread: Week 2

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog
Posts: 1111
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

GameDay Thread: Week 2

Postby ACW » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 am

Bears at Packers tonight on NFLN. A shootout would be nice for fantasy :mrgreen:

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16474
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 am

Not if you have one of those defenses.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 14304
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:28 am

I think the Packers have to win this

no question the Bears are a lot better this year but ...

I just can't see the Packer's offense not getting the job done this week
P A T I E N C E - Snyder needs to just 'butt out' and give Scot time to figure out who he needs in the FO, who he needs as the HC and what players fit what he thinks is a good system for this franchise - it's a mess & it will take time

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16474
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:33 am

SkinsJock wrote:I think the Packers have to win this

no question the Bears are a lot better this year but ...

I just can't see the Packer's offense not getting the job done this week

I'd be more worried about the Packers defense not getting the job done.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Joe's#1Fan
Posts: 1939
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:59 am
Location: chocowinity nc

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:30 pm

a must win tonight for the packers to prevent going 0-2 to start the season ..should be a typical slugfest between these 2.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR
Welcome Scot Now get us some Groceries ..



































Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog
Posts: 2370
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:01 pm

I like the Bears in this one ... I think the Cutler to Marshall combo is just what Cutler needed to live up to his potential.

And Green Bay has some major issues on defense against the run and pass, and the BEars can do both. If Alex Smith can carve up that Packer defense, they're in big trouble with Cutler and crew.

It's likely to be a shootout ... but the Bears defense is much better that the Packers D.

35-24 Bears.

Hog
Posts: 1111
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Jennings out. It won't matter.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications:
2012-2013 Co-Champion; Playoff Champion
2014-2015 Champion; Playoff Semifinalist

Hog
Posts: 1111
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Challenging the number of menh...happy memories :)
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications:
2012-2013 Co-Champion; Playoff Champion
2014-2015 Champion; Playoff Semifinalist

CKRGiii
Posts: 4978
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:00 am

RayNAustin wrote:I like the Bears in this one ... I think the Cutler to Marshall combo is just what Cutler needed to live up to his potential.

And Green Bay has some major issues on defense against the run and pass, and the BEars can do both. If Alex Smith can carve up that Packer defense, they're in big trouble with Cutler and crew.

It's likely to be a shootout ... but the Bears defense is much better that the Packers D.

35-24 Bears.


Guess we both got this one wrong.. bears oline is crap, and Cutler... Hasn't changed much.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16474
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:55 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:I like the Bears in this one ... I think the Cutler to Marshall combo is just what Cutler needed to live up to his potential.

And Green Bay has some major issues on defense against the run and pass, and the BEars can do both. If Alex Smith can carve up that Packer defense, they're in big trouble with Cutler and crew.

It's likely to be a shootout ... but the Bears defense is much better that the Packers D.

35-24 Bears.


Guess we both got this one wrong.. bears oline is crap, and Cutler... Hasn't changed much.

I was wrong too. I picked them in Hognostications. But Cutler sucked extra hard last night. After the first couple of sacks, he seemed to play scared the rest of the game.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 1111
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Go Bucs :)
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications:
2012-2013 Co-Champion; Playoff Champion
2014-2015 Champion; Playoff Semifinalist

Hog
Posts: 1111
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Eli ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

tribe
Online
Posts: 6458
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:13 pm

A lot of potential UPSETS today.....

THERE GOES MY HOGNOSTICATION.....!!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16474
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:37 pm

The Buccs got screwed.
Last edited by Deadskins on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 1111
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Weird, weird, weird week.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications:
2012-2013 Co-Champion; Playoff Champion
2014-2015 Champion; Playoff Semifinalist

Return to Around the League