Hognostications 2012

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:You're way more impressed by it then I was.

And who will be way more impressed by it next?
Last edited by Deadskins on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~
Posts: 10209
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Rough week when the best poster only gets 10 wins. :oops:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Wow, I didn't think that many of you would be picking the Falcons too. I know they're at home, but still, it is Peyton Manning.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX
Posts: 3385
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 am

Deadskins wrote:Wow, I didn't think that many of you would be picking the Falcons too. I know they're at home, but still, it is Peyton Manning.


I thought the score would be a lot higher.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

~~~~~~
Posts: 10209
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:00 pm

My picks are in and I am just trying to stay in the hunt at this point.

Good job by SkinsJock so far with an early lead.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

tribe
Online
Posts: 6259
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:07 am

My RULES:

#1. I will never pick against the SKINS....no matter what (unlike some people)

#2. I am realistic and will chose for NFC east teams as I see fit....BUT NEVER AGAINST THE SKINS
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13915
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks RiC - it's VERY early :roll:

and

it's very simple - just pick the teams that you think should win ... and never pick against the Skins

I picked Carolina based on the past 2 games by BOTH ... Carolina did not play as well as they have and the giants were able to take advantage

the Panthers are capable of a much better game than we saw last night - the giants were in the right place at the right time

the eagles will kill the giants next week if that group shows up :twisted:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:05 am

I went with Carolina too. I thought they had a good chance until the game began. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 am

Winning over everyone else over 17 weeks is way more impressive than one fluky week
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

~~~~~~
Posts: 10209
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:19 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Winning over everyone else over 17 weeks is way more impressive than one fluky week

Some of us should know. We have won this thing in the past. BUT ... what is the point????

Just self-promotion?

We make comments as we go along and it is early but every week counts.

The best way to argue in this thread is to walk the walk. You chose not to do it this season. So, there is hardly a justification to talk the talk.

Those who do not put up should shut up.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Winning over everyone else over 17 weeks is way more impressive than one fluky week

Some of us should know. We have won this thing in the past. BUT ... what is the point????

Just self-promotion?

We make comments as we go along and it is early but every week counts.

The best way to argue in this thread is to walk the walk. You chose not to do it this season. So, there is hardly a justification to talk the talk.

Those who do not put up should shut up.


I think we mis-connected on that one. I wasn't poo pooing Jock's early lead. I actually was referring to that I'm more impressed by him as a prior winner than the one who keeps bringing up one lucky week from their past.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:45 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Winning over everyone else over 17 weeks is way more impressive than one fluky week

Some of us should know. We have won this thing in the past. BUT ... what is the point????

Just self-promotion?

We make comments as we go along and it is early but every week counts.

The best way to argue in this thread is to walk the walk. You chose not to do it this season. So, there is hardly a justification to talk the talk.

Those who do not put up should shut up.


I think we mis-connected on that one. I wasn't poo pooing Jock's early lead. I actually was referring to that I'm more impressed by him as a prior winner than the one who keeps bringing up one lucky week from their past.

Then I'd have to reiterate RiC's last few sentences.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:46 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Winning over everyone else over 17 weeks is way more impressive than one fluky week

Some of us should know. We have won this thing in the past. BUT ... what is the point????

Just self-promotion?

We make comments as we go along and it is early but every week counts.

The best way to argue in this thread is to walk the walk. You chose not to do it this season. So, there is hardly a justification to talk the talk.

Those who do not put up should shut up.


I think we mis-connected on that one. I wasn't poo pooing Jock's early lead. I actually was referring to that I'm more impressed by him as a prior winner than the one who keeps bringing up one lucky week from their past.

Then I'd have to reiterate RiC's last few sentences.


You're off limits, noted.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:06 am

The other contestants and I, are off limits to those who choose not to play, yes.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:35 am

Deadskins wrote:The other contestants and I, are off limits to those who choose not to play, yes.


Good luck with that. At least RiC was arguing for someone else. He was also arguing for a comment he thought was about the actual contest.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Around the League