Victory Formation: the kneel down

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Victory Formation: the kneel down

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:44 pm

So Jerrah Jones wants to do away with this. What say you....???

The echo of the kneel-down controversy between Tom Coughlin and Greg Schiano has reached the walls of JerrahWorld.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones didn't take sides in the postgame drama between the two coaches on Tuesday, diplomatically stating "that was between Tampa Bay and the Giants." Instead, Jones took a swipe at the very idea of the quarterback kneel.

"I've always thought that that's a wasted play for our fans, the kneel-down," Jones said Tuesday on KRLD-FM, via Tim MacMahon of ESPN Dallas. "(Former Kansas City Chiefs owner) Lamar Hunt tried several times to introduce a rule and have it voted on that you couldn't kneel down.

"You had to run a play," added Jones, whose Cowboys play the Buccaneers on Sunday. "Unless you were trying to advance the ball, then you got a penalty and time didn't run off the clock. It's not a good play."
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:44 am

In a way I agree about it being a wasted play. In almost every other sport the games go down to the wire (last second). In football the game could be over just after the two minute warning.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:40 am

I actually like that idea. I bet Herm Edwards likes it too. John Mara, not so much. :razz:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:30 am

Deadskins wrote:I actually like that idea. I bet Herm Edwards likes it too. John Mara, not so much. :razz:

Well, that's the end of that then. If Mara The Malevolent Munchkin doesn't like it, then it's doomed.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I actually like that idea. I bet Herm Edwards likes it too. John Mara, not so much. :razz:

Well, that's the end of that then. If Mara The Malevolent Munchkin doesn't like it, then it's doomed.

Quick test of your football knowledge: Why would the G-strings owner not like that rule?
Hint: It has nothing to do with last Sunday's final play.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Around the League