Alfred Morris

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Alfred Morris

Postby aswas71788 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:06 pm

I was talking to a friend and Alfred Morris became a topic. We both were wondering about his stats so far. Granted, 2 games is not much of a foundation but...If Alfred Morris keeps up with the averages for the first 2 game, he will rush for 1,480 yards, 16 touchdowns on 352 attempts. Not bad for a rookie running back. He is another late round pick that can make Shanahan look like a genius picking late round running backs.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't think he'll keep the same workload all season long. Don't think he'll hold up if they do. I would expect that we'll see more of the other two RBs starting shortly.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:10 pm

frankcal20 wrote:I don't think he'll keep the same workload all season long. Don't think he'll hold up if they do. I would expect that we'll see more of the other two RBs starting shortly.

Exactly, game plans will change every week involving different players. I am still waiting on the screen play to Helu for big gains :)
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:05 am

2nd in rushing yards (1 behind Foster)
3rd in YPG (94, Foster 94.1, Char;es 98.5)
4.8 YPC in top 15 (top 10 among RBs).
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

swine

Postby JiveTurkee » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:11 am

This kid carried my college fantasy team.

He's going to run all over us this Sunday. We can't stop the run amongst many other defensive problems.

Hope for a good game because RG III is fun to watch

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:20 am

Hey JiveTurkee, welcome back! :up:

Hard to believe I'm saying this, but I agree; I think the key to beating Pittsburgh this year is running it down the throat of the defense. RGIII is going to have his attacking style of choice. But this should be yet another good, competitive game.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:32 am

Morris is a fantasy STUD. I got him in like the 15th or 16th round (out of 17), yet he's like Top 3 among RBs.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:37 am

I could have had him in another fantasy league, before the first game, but I stuck with Royster because I thought Shanny was going to do RB by committee, and Royster would eventually win the starting job. By the end of the Saints game, someone else had picked him up. The same guy that got RGIII the pick before me in the 16th round of the draft. :evil:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 am

Deadskins wrote:I could have had him in another fantasy league, before the first game, but I stuck with Royster because I thought Shanny was going to do RB by committee, and Royster would eventually win the starting job. By the end of the Saints game, someone else had picked him up. The same guy that got RGIII the pick before me in the 16th round of the draft. :evil:

Me too, pretty much. Had high hopes for Royster..

And I suppose a little crow eating is warranted on my part. Morris is a beast, lacks a little speed, but makes big enough plays to warrant the starter position.
Definitely a great pickup for a sixth rounder!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 am

I have been saying this since the second preseason game: Morris is and will be an absolute stud. It was obvious from the second he got on the field.
- INCREDIBLE field vision -- best I have EVER seen. Literally -- ever.
- Fights for every yard.
- May not have track speed, but has football speed -- which is all that matters.
- Adjusts to blocking seamlessly.
- Protects the ball (for the most part)
- Great work ethic

There isn't one single RB in the league I would rather have. Being in Houston, I watch Arian Foster every week and there is no comparison -- Morris is light years better.

The only negative thing is that he gets tired after about 15-18 carries -- which is kind of understandable given how he runs.

When Morris comes out of the games, the difference between him and Royster is obvious.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:19 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I could have had him in another fantasy league, before the first game, but I stuck with Royster because I thought Shanny was going to do RB by committee, and Royster would eventually win the starting job. By the end of the Saints game, someone else had picked him up. The same guy that got RGIII the pick before me in the 16th round of the draft. :evil:

Me too, pretty much. Had high hopes for Royster..

And I suppose a little crow eating is warranted on my part. Morris is a beast, lacks a little speed, but makes big enough plays to warrant the starter position.
Definitely a great pickup for a sixth rounder!

He runs as hard as anyone we've had in the last 20 years, and I think that's why he got the starting job. Plus he's durable enough to carry the ball 30 times a game, where the others aren't. That said, I'm still convinced that Royster is the best pure runner on the team.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Agreed. I think he will get more game time soon
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby rick301 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:35 pm

and ...

"Redskins running back Alfred Morris has been nominated for Pepsi Max NFL rookie of the week following another strong performance on Sunday."

More and more of the league is taking notice ...

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 pm

JiveTurkee wrote:This kid carried my college fantasy team.

He's going to run all over us this Sunday. We can't stop the run amongst many other defensive problems.

DAYUM I thought you had been abducted by aliens...

Welcome back!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

swine

Postby JiveTurkee » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Countertrey wrote:
JiveTurkee wrote:This kid carried my college fantasy team.

DAYUM I thought you had been abducted by aliens...

Welcome back!

LOL I just started a new job so I haven't had much time. And I will be working so I'll have to watch this game on my DVR Sunday night.

We don't have the defense we've had in the past. This year, we have not been able to stop the run which is usually our strength. A RB built like Morris will have a field day. I was happy for him he got drafted. Steelers insist on starting Casey Hampton in the middle and he's old as a goat, leaving the middle open. Morris will probably have a 100+ yd game.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football