Romney's opps.

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
ch1
Posts: 3632
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:01 pm
Location: virginia beach

Romney's opps.

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:05 am

I see Romney said 47% of the American population were more or less worthless, lazy slugs who want everything from the government (health care, food, etc.) and don't want to work or take responsibility for their lives (in so many words). Presumably, this group of slugs includes my ninety year old parents who use medicare and draw social security after fifty years of work, as well as my kids, who are going to college; and even my cousin, who's autistic; and yet another cousin, who is supported by the government in pennies while fighting in Afghanistan. As a matter of fact, most of the slugs I know who don't pay federal income taxes have two or three part-time jobs and incomes too low to pay income taxes. They do, however pay state, city, and pay-role taxes, which amounts to about 15 percent of their income. Romney himself pays about 13% on millions of dollars each year..
May the man burn in hell. Just what we need-- a President was says he doesn't give a damn about half the population.

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:15 am

Isn't Romney trying to get a government job?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:46 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:I see Romney said 47% of the American population were more or less worthless, lazy slugs who want everything from the government (health care, food, etc.) and don't want to work or take responsibility for their lives (in so many words). Presumably, this group of slugs includes my ninety year old parents who use medicare and draw social security after fifty years of work, as well as my kids, who are going to college; and even my cousin, who's autistic; and yet another cousin, who is supported by the government in pennies while fighting in Afghanistan. As a matter of fact, most of the slugs I know who don't pay federal income taxes have two or three part-time jobs and incomes too low to pay income taxes. They do, however pay state, city, and pay-role taxes, which amounts to about 15 percent of their income. Romney himself pays about 13% on millions of dollars each year..
May the man burn in hell. Just what we need-- a President was says he doesn't give a damn about half the population.


Wow, you're really working it to be offended, aren't you? Don't pull a muscle. Romney actually believes in private charity and he gives far more generously then his opponent. Obama believes in public "charity" and he gives nothing other then what he is required to. Which makes "Romney" against helping your family. The difference is the solution, not the intent.

It's cool being a Democrat. No matter how stupid and ineffective their solution is, they get to be judged by their intent. And if you don't agree with their idiotic solutions, then you are actually against the goal as well. Don't believe in government schools? Well, you're anti-education. Don't believe in government giving artificial power of guns to unions? Well, you're anti-union. Don't believe in government charity? Well, you're against charity.

Your argument is noted.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby 1niksder » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:17 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:I see Romney said 47% of the American population were more or less worthless, lazy slugs who want everything from the government (health care, food, etc.) and don't want to work or take responsibility for their lives (in so many words). Presumably, this group of slugs includes my ninety year old parents who use medicare and draw social security after fifty years of work, as well as my kids, who are going to college; and even my cousin, who's autistic; and yet another cousin, who is supported by the government in pennies while fighting in Afghanistan. As a matter of fact, most of the slugs I know who don't pay federal income taxes have two or three part-time jobs and incomes too low to pay income taxes. They do, however pay state, city, and pay-role taxes, which amounts to about 15 percent of their income. Romney himself pays about 13% on millions of dollars each year..
May the man burn in hell. Just what we need-- a President was says he doesn't give a damn about half the population.


Wow, you're really working it to be offended, aren't you? Don't pull a muscle. Romney actually believes in private charity and he gives far more generously then his opponent. Obama believes in public "charity" and he gives nothing other then what he is required to. Which makes "Romney" against helping your family. The difference is the solution, not the intent.

It's cool being a Democrat. No matter how stupid and ineffective their solution is, they get to be judged by their intent. And if you don't agree with their idiotic solutions, then you are actually against the goal as well. Don't believe in government schools? Well, you're anti-education. Don't believe in government giving artificial power of guns to unions? Well, you're anti-union. Don't believe in government charity? Well, you're against charity.

Your argument is noted.



:hmm: ch1 only spoke on what Romney said when Romney didn't know he was being recorded, You spoke on neither what ch1 posted nor what Romney was recorded saying. I'll admit the Dems might not be the brightest bunch out there but they're all living off our dime while treating most of those they consider "on the other side" as second class citizens.


:shock: ch1 was simply pointing out that, of that 47% that Romney spoke of not all of them are living off the "government" because they're lazy... some of those checks that are cut for that 47% go to people that have "earned" them, and most of those people are getting less than what they are due. Some of those checks go to the very people that Romney was thinking of yet he grouped them all together. Some of those that he was really talking about might have been thinking about voting for him in November, we may never know now.

You can't bash Obama and think people will forget what Romney said, he wants to throw half the population away and let on that he wished he Mexican... granted when he responded to questions about his comments, he pointed out he wasn't talking about those in the Military, those that paid no taxes because tax breaks or retired seniors. Some of the 47% that Romney spoke of are actually worth millions, and we know he wasn't really taking about them.

It's all politics... why else was the recording linked back to the relaitive of a former POTUS? Those that want what he said to be negative will spend it that way... those that don't will try to change the subject. Romney is far from stupid but being recorded saying what he said was not only stupid, but might have been a setup
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:09 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:I see Romney said 47% of the American population were more or less worthless, lazy slugs who want everything from the government (health care, food, etc.) and don't want to work or take responsibility for their lives (in so many words).

That is not what he said. "in so many words" you exaggerate and misrepresent his mistake giving an opportunity to the Republicans to call you a liar.

However, HIS actual true remarks will be remembered as one of the biggest mistakes of his presidential political campaign.

From a strategic perspective, Romney puts himself on a defensive position and trying to clarify and spin what he really meant. Great ammunition for the Democrats.

The question I have is the following:

If all governments (not only the US) policies are for sale, what is the moral difference between

a) corporate or political organization lobby campaign donations from all kinds of right, left, or simply self-serving or profit/policy hungry groups

and

b) social programs, budget allocations, and subsidies put in place by BOTH Republican and Democratic Parties designed to bolster their respective election results????

For the record, both groups of buying votes strategies seem pretty corrupt to me. :roll:

So, why do social programs alone created by BOTH parties to bolster election results become all the rage now?

What is next? Blame farmer's subsidies supported by both parties for votes going to one party or another? ROTFALMAO
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:41 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:I see Romney said 47% of the American population were more or less worthless, lazy slugs who want everything from the government (health care, food, etc.) and don't want to work or take responsibility for their lives (in so many words). Presumably, this group of slugs includes my ninety year old parents who use medicare and draw social security after fifty years of work, as well as my kids, who are going to college; and even my cousin, who's autistic; and yet another cousin, who is supported by the government in pennies while fighting in Afghanistan. As a matter of fact, most of the slugs I know who don't pay federal income taxes have two or three part-time jobs and incomes too low to pay income taxes. They do, however pay state, city, and pay-role taxes, which amounts to about 15 percent of their income. Romney himself pays about 13% on millions of dollars each year..
May the man burn in hell. Just what we need-- a President was says he doesn't give a damn about half the population.


Wow, you're really working it to be offended, aren't you? Don't pull a muscle. Romney actually believes in private charity and he gives far more generously then his opponent. Obama believes in public "charity" and he gives nothing other then what he is required to. Which makes "Romney" against helping your family. The difference is the solution, not the intent.

It's cool being a Democrat. No matter how stupid and ineffective their solution is, they get to be judged by their intent. And if you don't agree with their idiotic solutions, then you are actually against the goal as well. Don't believe in government schools? Well, you're anti-education. Don't believe in government giving artificial power of guns to unions? Well, you're anti-union. Don't believe in government charity? Well, you're against charity.

Your argument is noted.


Romney believes in private charity? Wow. Being born into millions might be part of that eh? If I had Twit Romney money I'd give a lot.more to charity too... How many millionaires give to charity because they feel obligated vs actually give a crap? Hmmmm Twit thinks almost half the country is worthless slobs who don't work, yet he WANTS to give them money? Yaaaaa ok.

*I wish I could throw a $60,000 dollar a plate dinner for a couple hundred! :shock:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:43 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Romney believes in private charity? Wow. Being born into millions might be part of that eh?


You hate him, got it
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:51 pm

1niksder wrote:You spoke on neither what ch1 posted nor what Romney was recorded saying

I directly addressed it. First of all, I pointed out the gyrations he was going to be offended. Romney didn't say any of the crap ch1 "inferred." Quoted because he didn't infer it, he made it up.

Second, I was pointing out that Obama supports ch1's view in support of public "charity." Romney supports private charity and gives far more than he's required to (which is zero), Obama supports public "charity" and doesn't give a dime he isn't required to.

1niksder wrote::shock: ch1 was simply pointing out that, of that 47% that Romney spoke of not all of them are living off the "government" because they're lazy... some of those checks that are cut for that 47% go to people that have "earned" them

Zero go to people who earned them. Regarding social security and medicare, our parents loaned money to themselves, spent it, and handed us the bill. They gave us zero assets to pay any of it. It's welfare. I didn't agree to that system. If you loan yourself a mil, are you a millionaire?

1niksder wrote:You can't bash Obama and think people will forget what Romney said, he wants to throw half the population away

When did he say that? He didn't in the quote ch1 was referring to. Do you have a link?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:32 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Romney supports private charity and gives far more than he's required to (which is zero), Obama supports public "charity" and doesn't give a dime he isn't required to.

:hmm:
Obama's required to give, but Romney isn't?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:36 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Regarding social security and medicare, our parents loaned money to themselves, spent it, and handed us the bill. They gave us zero assets to pay any of it.

Not sure how "our parents" "spent it." And, I know I've been paying into SS and medicare every paycheck I've ever gotten, haven't you?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Regarding social security and medicare, our parents loaned money to themselves, spent it, and handed us the bill. They gave us zero assets to pay any of it.

Not sure how "our parents" "spent it."


SSA = Federal Government
Treasury = Federal Government.

Surplus payments to the SSA were "loaned" to the Treasury who issued notes then spent the money. I.E., the Federal Government "loaned" to the Federal government who spent the money. In fact social security is part of the general fund.

Our parents gave us a Social Security Trust fund, which is "invested" in treasuries. Then they gave us the bill to pay the treasuries. Oh, and they told us we owe them checks from the trust fund ... the trust fund we're paying for.

It's beyond a lie, it's a scam. But they are giving us a tip. Screw your children like we screwed you. I actually oppose doing that. They are getting welfare, call a spade a spade.

And it's a Ponzi scheme, it's unsustainable.

Deadskins wrote:And, I know I've been paying into SS and medicare every paycheck I've ever gotten, haven't you?


Yes, not sure what the relevance of the question is. Our parents taxed themselves and spent the money. We tax ourselves and spend the money. And what conclusion am I supposed to draw from that?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Romney supports private charity and gives far more than he's required to (which is zero), Obama supports public "charity" and doesn't give a dime he isn't required to.

:hmm:
Obama's required to give, but Romney isn't?


Romney advocates private charity first. He is not required to give anything, but gives millions to the solution he advocates.

Obama advocates government "charity" first. And then gives zero other then what he is required to pay.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:06 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Romney supports private charity and gives far more than he's required to (which is zero), Obama supports public "charity" and doesn't give a dime he isn't required to.

:hmm:
Obama's required to give, but Romney isn't?


Romney advocates private charity first. He is not required to give anything, but gives millions to the solution he advocates.

Obama advocates government "charity" first. And then gives zero other then what he is required to pay.

You just repeated the same thing. Obama gives zero above what he's required to, but Romney gives more than he's required to (which is zero). So, if Romney is not required to give, why is Obama?
Last edited by Deadskins on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Romney's opps.

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:08 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Regarding social security and medicare, our parents loaned money to themselves, spent it, and handed us the bill. They gave us zero assets to pay any of it.

Not sure how "our parents" "spent it."


SSA = Federal Government
Treasury = Federal Government.

Surplus payments to the SSA were "loaned" to the Treasury who issued notes then spent the money. I.E., the Federal Government "loaned" to the Federal government who spent the money. In fact social security is part of the general fund.

Our parents gave us a Social Security Trust fund, which is "invested" in treasuries. Then they gave us the bill to pay the treasuries. Oh, and they told us we owe them checks from the trust fund ... the trust fund we're paying for.

It's beyond a lie, it's a scam. But they are giving us a tip. Screw your children like we screwed you. I actually oppose doing that. They are getting welfare, call a spade a spade.

And it's a Ponzi scheme, it's unsustainable.

Deadskins wrote:And, I know I've been paying into SS and medicare every paycheck I've ever gotten, haven't you?


Yes, not sure what the relevance of the question is. Our parents taxed themselves and spent the money. We tax ourselves and spend the money. And what conclusion am I supposed to draw from that?

So our parents are the Federal government?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:22 pm

If you can't dazzle 'em with your wit...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to The Lounge