Rumor: Raheem Morris calling plays in 4th Quarter v. Rams

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:I know we had to punt because of a dropped ball from Robinson (smh) then held em and got the ball back for that last drive.

Forced fumble and recovery.
They didn't punt in their last few posessions? I suppose a stop and a TO is even better tho..
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:43 am

FYI....Haslett will stay through 2013.

Redskins extend DC Jim Haslett through 2013

Redskins signed defensive coordinator Jim Haslett to a one-year extension through 2013.
Per ESPN 980 Washington's Chris Russell, Haslett received a "hefty raise." While Haslett's young defense showed promise in 2011, it's gotten off to a slow 2012 start and we have a sneaking suspicion the extension won't be looking so grand by season's end. The Skins were relying on elite front-seven play to "hide" a secondary that can't cover. They've already lost two front-seven starters (DE Adam Carriker, OLB Brian Orakpo) to year-ending injuries. This will be a defense to target for fantasy matchup purposes the rest of the way.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:14 am

tribeofjudah wrote:FYI....Haslett will stay through 2013.

Redskins signed defensive coordinator Jim Haslett to a one-year extension through 2013.
Per ESPN 980 Washington's Chris Russell, Haslett received a "hefty raise." While Haslett's young defense showed promise in 2011, it's gotten off to a slow 2012 start and we have a sneaking suspicion the extension won't be looking so grand by season's end. The Skins were relying on elite front-seven play to "hide" a secondary that can't cover. They've already lost two front-seven starters (DE Adam Carriker, OLB Brian Orakpo) to year-ending injuries. This will be a defense to target for fantasy matchup purposes the rest of the way.

If the front seven are supposed to cover up for issues in the secondary, who is supposed to cover for Has' inability to effectively call a good defensive game plan.
Last edited by skinsfan#33 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:00 am

Contracts really don't mean a thing in this context. If Mike Shanahan thinks a change is needed at any coaching position, then the Redskins will just pay off the contract and make the change.

I thought Haslett was a step down when he was appointed, last year he earned some credit for the improved defence, but the unit needs to improve again this year for him to keep his job, in MY opinion. It certainly doesn't look like it's going to be improved, does it?!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:07 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:

Contracts really don't mean a thing in this context. If Mike Shanahan thinks a change is needed at any coaching position, then the Redskins will just pay off the contract and make the change.

I thought Haslett was a step down when he was appointed, last year he earned some credit for the improved defence, but the unit needs to improve again this year for him to keep his job, in MY opinion. It certainly doesn't look like it's going to be improved, does it?!

I'm hoping that Haslett responds to all this and he's a part of what looks like being a playoff contending group here next season

IMO, both Haslett and Kyle have not done well ... they both have a season to show that they should be a part of what Bruce & Mike are putting together here

I agree with UK - if anyone here (coaches or players) are not doing their job well, the 'contract' will not mean a thing
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:04 pm

I personally don't think this could be true. We are only 2 games into the season. While I'm pretty confident Morris was brought in to put some heat under Haslett, MS is not stupid enough to cause this much drama this early in the season.

Besides, I think Morris is a very good defensive backs coach but completely unproven as a defensive coordinator. He has actually never been an NFL DC and was the head coach of the worst scoring defense in the NFL last season.

I think they should give Haslett at least the first half of the season before they start grooming a replacement.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:19 pm

I've been looking out for any confirmation on this, but still only a rumor sourced to one particular fan site. So HUGE grain of salt required.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:54 pm

The Redskins beat reporters for 106.7, Grant Paulesn, said thathe has talked to a lot of players and coaches and is very confident that the report was in error.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:48 am

let's be clear about this - this was NOT a report, this was a rumor

and, like a lot of information about the Redskins the idiot responsible has an agenda
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:04 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:The Redskins beat reporters for 106.7, Grant Paulesn, said thathe has talked to a lot of players and coaches and is very confident that the "report" was in error.

There, I fixed that for you. As stated above, this was a rumor from a fan-site. Calling this a report is just as inaccurate as the rumor itself.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:03 am

I don't know what to make of the whole situation. I thought the defense made strides last year , and that this year, they'd show even more improvement. And to be honest, I didn't think they played bad at all against N.O.

But the Rams game was a total nightmare and the lack of adjustments was far too obvious. So, the rumor may be totally untrue, but it's certainly plausible given the situation and the results.

My biggest gripe with the Redskin Defense has been this soft zone with DBs too far off the line of scrimmage. That might work well in the red zone due to the shorter field, but between the 20's it really is a gift to opposing offenses in my opinion.

10 yard cushions? That's easy toss and catch for quick drops and throws to outside receivers, and eliminates any chance of the front 7 putting pressure on a QB. It's just a poor strategy except in using it in situational spots to mix up your defensive coverages. Sticking to that for an entire half or an entire game is just BRAIN DEAD, and makes guys like Amendola look like Calvin Johnson.

It was painful to watch.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football