Scab Refs: Kick them out!!!

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.

Who is responsible for this salary dispute mess?

Roger Goodell
29%
32 greedy owners
No votes
Goddell and the 32 greedy owner dwarfs
29%
Regular Referees and their Association
29%
TV Networks
No votes
NFL Players Association
No votes
we, the stupid fans
14%

Total votes : 7
~~~~~~

Scab Refs: Kick them out!!!

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:58 am

Replacement officials on the field and on the booth are destroying the games for fans, players and coaches.

They are compromising safety.

They are changing the outcomes of games with bad and inconsistent calls.

They have destroyed the tempo of games.

They are driving players and coaches insane on the field.

They do not even know the darn rules!

The TOTAL amount of money going into regular NFL referees salaries is but a minimal fraction of 1% of the total revenue and STILL the NFL and the NFLRA seem to be at an insurmountable distance far apart.

Who is to blame the most?

Should Goodell go to hell and be the sole person responsible for this mess? Greedy owners (Godell is only the messenger)? Both?

or

the regular refs? Should they shut up and return to do their jobs with the current salary offer made by the NFL?

or

maybe the TV networks have compromised the game with big bucks?

or

if the NFLPA, which got paid, is also to blame because the refs feel they should now get a piece too?

or

we, the stupid fans, who should be boycotting these games and stop watching as a captive audience and do not have the means to complain other tha our feet and our dollars?

Who is the MOST responsible???

I say: Godell and 32 dwarfs are to blame. GREED is at the top of it. Pay the refs well and return to professionalism.

What say you?
Last edited by Redskin in Canada on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:03 am

All of the above?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 am

For your information:

TO: Owners of NFL Teams

DATE: September 20, 2012

RE: Your Lockout of the NFL Referees and the Negative Impact on Football

The NFL Players Association Executive Committee is calling on you to end the lockout of our referees. We believe there is substantial evidence that you have failed in your obligation to provide as safe a working environment as possible.

Your decision to lock out officials with more than 1,500 years of collective NFL experience has led to a deterioration of order, safety and integrity. This affirmative decision has not only resulted in poor calls, missed calls and bad game management, but the combination of those deficiencies will only continue to jeopardize player health and safety and the integrity of the game that has taken decades to build.

As we predicted and explained to you weeks ago, the removal of the veteran officials from regular season games left a group of your replacements who have proved to be incapable of keeping pace with the speed of the game. Coaches and players have complained of numerous errors and failures including: erratic and missed calls on egregious holds and hits, increased skirmishes between players and confusion about game rules. Many replacements have lost control of games due to inexperience and unfamiliarity with players and rules.

The headlines are embarrassing: a scab working a game despite having been on the payroll of one of the teams, another who was assigned to referee a team he publicly supported on Facebook, and one who is a professional poker player when you propose even more stringent player rules on gambling.

It is lost on us as to how you allow a Commissioner to cavalierly issue suspensions and fines in the name of player health and safety yet permit the wholesale removal of the officials that you trained and entrusted to maintain that very health and safety. It has been reported that the two sides are apart by approximately $60,000 per team. We note that your Commissioner has fined an individual player as much in the name of "safety." Your actions are looking more and more like simple greed. As players, we see this game as more than the "product" you reference at times. You cannot simply switch to a group of cheaper officials and fulfill your legal, moral, and duty obligations to us and our fans. You need to end the lockout and bring back the officials immediately.

We are all men who love and respect this game and believe that it represents something beyond just money. For our teammates, our coaches and our fans who deserve better, vote to end this lockout now.

Sincerely,

Domonique Foxworth, NFLPA President
Charlie Batch, NFLPA Vice President, Pittsburgh Steelers
Cornelius Bennett, NFLPA Former Players Board of Directors Chairman
Drew Brees, NFLPA Vice President, New Orleans Saints
Brian Dawkins, NFLPA Vice President
Scott Fujita, NFLPA Vice President, Cleveland Browns
Matt Hasselbeck, NFLPA Vice President, Tennessee Titans
Brandon Moore, NFLPA Vice President, New York Jets
Jeff Saturday, NFLPA Vice President, Green Bay Packers
Mickey Washington, NFLPA Former Players Board of Directors Member
Brian Waters, NFLPA Vice President, New England Patriots
Benjamin Watson, NFLPA Vice President, Cleveland Browns
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 am

To follow up the mistakes made by replacement refs each week, you can visit:

SCABWATCH

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:49 am

I bet a legal suit could be filed if somebody gets hurt due to poor officiating.

You do not believe so?

Read this: NFL Replacement Referees Have Compromised The Game's Integrity And League's Position On Sports Betting

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:20 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:I bet a legal suit could be filed if somebody gets hurt due to poor officiating.

You do not believe so?

Read this: NFL Replacement Referees Have Compromised The Game's Integrity And League's Position On Sports Betting

I seriously doubt it, it has to be part of the collective bargaining agreement and contracts. It's just like the players can't sue each other even over an outright assault if it's on the field. I'm not arguing a position on that, just stating what is clearly true.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:34 am

I for one stand behind what Kyle said, I just wish he'd said it to the ones who deserve it way, way more. The regular refs. They are classless jerks who take out their overt hatred of Danny on Redskin fans. Screw them. I voted against them, but for that reason, not as defense of anyone else.

And the regular refs suck. And they can't get calls right even when they slo mo them and watch them 10 times on the sidelines.

Yeah, the replacements have issues, but I'd rather fire the real ones and build with what we have. The replacements just suck, they aren't institutionally corrupt and incompetent like the regular ones. And like yesterday, they were fine until the end when it came down to the more esoteric rules. Which a bit more class time will cure.

Nothing will cure the regular refs, show them the door.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:57 pm

i voted goodell because i blame him for everything.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:48 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:i voted goodell because i blame him for everything.

+1

But I really thing Mara put him up to it.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:08 pm

What I hear is that the REG refs want/demand a PENSION PLAN....???

It is not even their full time job - should they get a pension plan???

I would LOVE a Pension Plan for work part-part time.....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:22 pm

The pack got robbed by the Scabs.

I hope this disaster convinces the NFL and officials to settle.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:43 am

1niksder wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:i voted goodell because i blame him for everything.

+1

But I really thing Mara put him up to it.

Yep, Goddell is Mara's sock puppet...

Return to Around the League