The Gold/Yellow Pants

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

The Gold/Yellow Pants

Postby BigPlayCityBaby » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:39 am

I am really loving the switch this year to the yellow pants. I know we wore them sporadically in 2010 and last season, but I feel like this has turned into "our" look of the new regime and the RG3 era.

Do you like them, and are they here to stay? Like, is this our uniform for the forseeable future at home? My brother told me that he heard that this is not just a 2012 type deal--he said the yellow pants/burgundy tops are the new uniforms and that the burgundy top/white pants will be more like an alternate next season and beyond (the old style GOLD pants, GOLD helmets are our home alts this year)

I have been searching google, and I couldn't find anything, trying to get better info here.

Oh yea, HAIL!

**ch44

Re: The Gold/Yellow Pants

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:08 am

BigPlayCityBaby wrote:I am really loving the switch this year to the yellow pants. I know we wore them sporadically in 2010 and last season, but I feel like this has turned into "our" look of the new regime and the RG3 era.

Do you like them, and are they here to stay? Like, is this our uniform for the forseeable future at home? My brother told me that he heard that this is not just a 2012 type deal--he said the yellow pants/burgundy tops are the new uniforms and that the burgundy top/white pants will be more like an alternate next season and beyond (the old style GOLD pants, GOLD helmets are our home alts this year)

I have been searching google, and I couldn't find anything, trying to get better info here.

Oh yea, HAIL!

Is this Jim Zorn? Welcome to the site bro. I love the GOLD pants yes.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:12 am

I know they're "retro" and reminiscent of our team's original uniform but I don't like them.

I know the team colors are burgundy and gold, but the yellow pants are just too much for me. It'd be like if we had yellow jerseys and burgundy pants as an alternate color.

I definitely hate the white jerseys with the yellow pants, but that's just my opinion.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Postby BigPlayCityBaby » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for the welcome! It's great to be here! Skins fan since the Posse/Art Monk days.

Do you guys think this is the look going forward for the next several seasons/forseeable future or they'll switch next year

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:44 am

Yes, the gold pants rock, especially with the burgundy jerseys. I'd like it even better if they were a little more gold and a little less yellow, but I've been wanting them to go back to gold pants for years. I think this current change was brought in by Bruce Allen as an homage to his father. This topic has been discussed many times over the years, most recently here.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:54 am

Burgundy with gold pants = illy
White jersey w burgundy pants = illy
Anything else besides the throw backs w leather looking helmets is kind meh..

The pants are bright GOLD fyi.. :lol:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby BigPlayCityBaby » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:59 am

But is this a long-term thing or just this season?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:25 am

Long as Bruce is GM.

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:25 am

Time will tell :up:
The way they switch unis I don't think anyone can say for sure.. I do think these are the new Nike unis for right now tho.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 am

The pants are great, takes me back to the George Allen days. My only wish is that they would go back to the helmet with the R on it! That would look so good along with perhaps Burgundy face masks!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:10 pm

BigPlayCityBaby wrote: My brother told me that he heard that this is not just a 2012 type deal--he said the yellow pants/burgundy tops are the new uniforms and that the burgundy top/white pants will be more like an alternate next season and beyond (the old style GOLD pants, GOLD helmets are our home alts this year)

BOLLOCKS!!!

Sorry, but I just want the white jerseys and burgundy pants back, that's all....

Anyway, there's a thread I started here somewhere a month or two ago where you can vote for your favourite of any of the six different combinations we use. You might be interested in the results...

Try here http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38323
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Postby BigPlayCityBaby » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:37 pm

I feel like they're the most attractive uniform in the NFL! Best eye catcher in HD TV. Makes me love watching my favorite team even more. I just feel the home red tops, gold pants are synonomous with the RG3 era, an era that will have us back in the toast of the entire NFL; from game one in New Orleans..... hope that it's a look that isn't just temporary and flamed out. I Don't like how we change uniforms so much. This is a look I could get used to at home with the burgundy pants white tops on the road

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:53 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
BigPlayCityBaby wrote: My brother told me that he heard that this is not just a 2012 type deal--he said the yellow pants/burgundy tops are the new uniforms and that the burgundy top/white pants will be more like an alternate next season and beyond (the old style GOLD pants, GOLD helmets are our home alts this year)

BOLLOCKS!!!

Sorry, but I just want the white jerseys and burgundy pants back, that's all....

Anyway, there's a thread I started here somewhere a month or two ago where you can vote for your favourite of any of the six different combinations we use. You might be interested in the results...

Try here http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38323

I linked to it in the fourth post of the thread. :wink:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:33 pm

So you did!

Good work.

Carry on...

8)
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:44 pm

BigPlayCityBaby wrote:I am really loving the switch this year to the yellow pants. ...

I like them because they remind me of Larry Brown and the Over-the-Hill gang. Good times then.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football