Truly we've never even remotely recovered from losing Sean.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Truly we've never even remotely recovered from losing Sean.

Postby burgngold4life » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Not in the least bit. We have a couple young guys who are talented but not just quite there yet.

Do you all agree that we address the secondary in the 13' draft as a first priority(I'm sure most do)??

And if so, what DBs will be there when we use our first pick?

piggie

Postby fetus » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 pm

100% agree with you on that, our 1st pick(2nd rounder), I am liking either Shawn Williams from Georgia or MY BOY!!!! Kenny Vaccaro from THE University of Texas
RGIII and the terrible D

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Not sure. I see our OL and DB as being equally important. I would take the best available player (either OT or DB) with our top pick.

I said this previously, but I was pretty sure we'd miss Landry.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Of course we haven't... Any team wouldnt/couldnt recover from losing a talent like that.

Draft board is best db available OR probably more important best O line man available.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Of course. He'd only be 29 now, no? Taylor would have been a part of a Skins franchise built around RGIII, had the planets aligned and we still drafted him. His absence has probably cost us more than a couple of wins each season, since we've had to waste money and draft picks on other safeties in the meantime, too. You don't get a franchise player very often, but when you do, it's something to treasure.

(The human loss obviously outweighs all of this . . . I guess I feel an obligation to say that . . . but it is sad just on the level of football, too, which is how we got to know him in the first place, after all.)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

piglet

Postby rk3025 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Of course. He'd only be 29 now, no? Taylor would have been a part of a Skins franchise built around RGIII, had the planets aligned and we still drafted him. His absence has probably cost us more than a couple of wins each season, since we've had to waste money and draft picks on other safeties in the meantime, too. You don't get a franchise player very often, but when you do, it's something to treasure.

(The human loss obviously outweighs all of this . . . I guess I feel an obligation to say that . . . but it is sad just on the level of football, too, which is how we got to know him in the first place, after all.)
Losing Taylor,Landry and Rogers were high draft choices missing today.

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm

But if we still had Sean (combined with Landry in Area 51), would we have RGIII?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:49 pm

No, we wouldnt.

I see ur point. But that's not exactly what I was getting at lls

Hog

Postby jmooney » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:55 pm

ACW wrote:But if we still had Sean (combined with Landry in Area 51), would we have RGIII?

probably not,

Possible G. Williams would still be on the coaching staff as well. Would we have been the " Bountygate" franchise?

Maybe even coach Gibbs would still be here. (in some capacity) I'm not sure about this one, given the reasons he cited for his retirement.

As its been eluded to before, its really hard to tell how much his death affected this franchise beyond the safety position. It definately has though.

The direction of this franchise changed dramatically that day.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:43 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Of course we haven't... Any team wouldnt/couldnt recover from losing a talent like that.

I agree, he was a once-in-a-generation player who cannot be replaced.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 pm

fetus wrote:100% agree with you on that, our 1st pick(2nd rounder), I am liking either Shawn Williams from Georgia or MY BOY!!!! Kenny Vaccaro from THE University of Texas

I doubt if Vaccaro will still be around by our first pick.....Williams is good but at 6'1" 220 he's a bit of a liability in coverage and we need a coverage guy back there more than a run stuffer. However I wouldn't mind seeing his teammate Rambo with 8 INTS last year drop to us. I doubt if he will be around tho too unless he underperforms a little to go with his off season character flunders. Robert Lester of Bama, TJ McDonald of USC, and Matt Elam of Florida are some possible late 1st or 2nd rounders that could fall to us. Personally as a Gators fan I would love to see Elam come to us cuz he is a very good coverage guy with great instincts and is a fearless ball hawk but I am of course biased :) I do agree with markshark on it being a toss up between the Oline and DBs so whoever is the most talented and fits our schemes the best we should draft.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 pm

I love Sean. Miss him just like the rest of ya'll.

I often wonder what the best course of action is:

1. keep bringing HIM up when we're wishing his presence in the backfield?
2. Let HIM ..........Rest in Peace...?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Of course. He'd only be 29 now, no? Taylor would have been a part of a Skins franchise built around RGIII, had the planets aligned and we still drafted him. His absence has probably cost us more than a couple of wins each season, since we've had to waste money and draft picks on other safeties in the meantime, too. You don't get a franchise player very often, but when you do, it's something to treasure.

I had to fill in a certain pos er.. ya we miss him but the hole in our backfield isn't even a fraction of a fraction of the hole in his family. I don't care how bad we are its a travisty for his daughter and family above all else. Glad he made a stamp on our team but its selfish to think we need him when a family misses him so much more.

He was tryin to do better in LIFE and that's flat out sadder then sad. Rip Mr Taylor
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:02 pm

I wish David Amerson from NC State would be there but in all likelihood, he'll be gone early 1st round.

Hog

Re: Truly we've never even remotely recovered from losing Se

Postby the poster » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:39 am

burgngold4life wrote:Not in the least bit. We have a couple young guys who are talented but not just quite there yet.

first of all, you don't have a "couple young guys who are talented". that's just typical redskin fan talk..you know, boast forever before any player does anything. their secondary is garbage. call a spade a spade.

Do you all agree that we address the secondary in the 13' draft as a first priority(I'm sure most do)??

which is a 2nd round draft pick. good luck finding what you need there. I've seen how this franchise drafts outside of the first round, too.

And if so, what DBs will be there when we use our first pick?

it's September. nobody knows who the sixth or seventh defensive back will be off the draft board next year now. one thing I CAN tell you is you'll need a lot more than that. no cap space and no high draft picks though. I'd say the team is screwed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football