Meriweather now probable vs Bucs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
The Punisher

Meriweather now probable vs Bucs

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:33 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... or-sunday/

Of course, Trent Williams, and Pierre are listed as questionable...
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Re: Meriweather now probable vs Bucs

Postby cvillehog » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/28/quick-hits-trent-williams-perre-garcon-brandon-banks-questionable-for-sunday/

Of course, Trent Williams, and Pierre are listed as questionable...

I mentioned the merriweather thing on the DB thread. I'd wager that at least Pierre and probably also Trent will be out.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm also hearing Banks may be out
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:13 pm

On the bright side, we haven't gotten into any division games yet, so we're ok for right now.. even taking another loss @ TB, or Altanta at home.

But man, we really need to get Trent back out there SOON, as well as Garcon. Losing Banks hurts us a good deal too, because of his speed he's become a real threat on offense and of course them returns out to the 45.

Merriweather being back helps us big time tho in the secondary. Cuz we're f****** pathetic out there. Sheesh.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 pm

A loss to Tampa would be pretty embarrassing.

More so than the Rams

Tampa is the team that Eli Manning shredded for 500 yards in one half of football.

Tampa's only offensive touchdown last week came as a result of a short field on a Tony Romo interception.

I'm not saying it's a slam dunk, but if this defense gives up the yards it has in the past two games to Tampa, I'm thinking we may be in REAL trouble the rest of the way this season.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:A loss to Tampa would be pretty embarrassing.

More so than the Rams

Tampa is the team that Eli Manning shredded for 500 yards in one half of football.

Tampa's only offensive touchdown last week came as a result of a short field on a Tony Romo interception.

I'm not saying it's a slam dunk, but if this defense gives up the yards it has in the past two games to Tampa, I'm thinking we may be in REAL trouble the rest of the way this season.

A loss to Tampa would not be worse than a loss to the Rams. The loss to the Rams is already and will be the worst loss of the season regardless of who else we lose to. That team is awful and we had no business losing to them.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:27 pm

What's up with banks? Haven't even heard he was banged up this week...
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:45 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:What's up with banks? Haven't even heard he was banged up this week...

According to Grant Paulsen via twitter it's a hip injury. He's listed as questionable

http://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status ... 4264768512

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:46 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:

More so than the Rams

A loss to Tampa would not be worse than a loss to the Rams. The loss to the Rams is already and will be the worst loss of the season regardless of who else we lose to. That team is awful and we had no business losing to them.

How would you describe Tampa?

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 pm

I know it WAS preseason but we did maul Tampa starters to scrubs so I agree with Bob if we give up a lot of yards to them we are gonna be in deep poo. I think that the Rams would handle the Bucs. The Rams have a young under rated defense, good young QB, and Fisher has brought a much better attitude to the team so I don't think that would be our worst loss of the season by any means. Personally I think the Browns and Bucs are both a step below the Rams.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

piglet

Postby rk3025 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:42 pm

TimSkin wrote:I know it WAS preseason but we did maul Tampa starters to scrubs so I agree with Bob if we give up a lot of yards to them we are gonna be in deep poo. I think that the Rams would handle the Bucs. The Rams have a young under rated defense, good young QB, and Fisher has brought a much better attitude to the team so I don't think that would be our worst loss of the season by any means. Personally I think the Browns and Bucs are both a step below the Rams.
We were out coached by Fisher and Lewis and this should not happen this week.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:

More so than the Rams

How would you describe Tampa?

Tampa is not very good either, but the rams are least talented team in the NFL.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:34 pm

So he hurts himself again running into Robinson in pre-game warmups?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 am

Here's the collision for those who haven't seen it: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... ame-injury
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 pm

^ I like the guys rushing over to see if they're okay...
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football