Pro Football Focus

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
ch1

Pro Football Focus

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:53 pm

After three games, four Skins are ranked by Pro Football Focus as among the top 100 NFL Players, regardless of position. Surprise:

W. Montgomery is ranked 17th best player in the NFL and tied for the best at his position.

RG111 is ranked 32nd best. After game 4, I imagine he'll rank much higher. Still, he's one of the top ranked QB's now.

Alfred Morris is ranked 67th.

London Fletcher is ranked 95th.

Comments? I think Kerrigan should be ranked.

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Pro Football Focus

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:07 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:After three games, four Skins are ranked by Pro Football Focus as among the top 100 NFL Players, regardless of position. Surprise:

W. Montgomery is ranked 17th best player in the NFL and tied for the best at his position.

:hmm:

RG111 is ranked 32nd best. After game 4, I imagine he'll rank much higher. Still, he's one of the top ranked QB's now.

I'm surprised Morris is higher than Fletcher — well, really that he's in the top 100 at all right now. Morris is good, but I think Shanahan has kind of proved that who is playing at RB isn't so vital to his system. Fletcher's greatness is easier to see when you see his replacements playing.

Agreed that Kerrigan should be ranked if these other guys are. He's better than Orakpo, IMO, and the second-best defender on our team. He had a monster game today.

I have to admit I'm surprised that four Skins made it in a list of only 100.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:27 am

I love to see the OLine get some credit. T. Williams and Monty are looking good. The rest of the guys? Not so much, hope we can fix OL and DB in the draft/free agency, but we've been saying that for years.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:37 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:I love to see the OLine get some credit. T. Williams and Monty are looking good. The rest of the guys? Not so much, hope we can fix OL and DB in the draft/free agency, but we've been saying that for years.

I think Kory makes a big difference there too, looking at the games heplayed at the start of last season and this one, the whole OL seems to function so much better with him.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:43 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:After three games, four Skins are ranked by Pro Football Focus as among the top 100 NFL Players, regardless of position. Surprise:

I'd love to know how they come about these rankings. Monty is nowhere near the best Center in the league.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:...hope we can fix OL and DB in the draft/free agency, but we've been saying that for years.

Now that we have the QB position figured out, this will certainly be next year's focus.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

:hmm:

I'm surprised Morris is higher than Fletcher — well, really that he's in the top 100 at all right now. Morris is good, but I think Shanahan has kind of proved that who is playing at RB isn't so vital to his system. Fletcher's greatness is easier to see when you see his replacements playing.

Agreed that Kerrigan should be ranked if these other guys are. He's better than Orakpo, IMO, and the second-best defender on our team. He had a monster game today.

I have to admit I'm surprised that four Skins made it in a list of only 100.

These rankings are based directly on numbers and only took into consideration 3 games. RGIII and Morris had very good/monster games yesterday. I think that after 4 games their rankings would go up. As for Kerrigan, these rankings don't look at pressure and overall impact outside of numbers. Because of that, I'm not sure he would be in the top 100.

I was actually surprised that Morris was so low. I am a HUGE fan of Morris. RBs with his field vision do not come around very often. He is 5th in the NFL in rushing right now. I'm not sure there is another RB in the league I would rather have. The majority of his yards come after contact and he almost always falls forward.

On #s alone, I am actually surprised that Fletcher is in the top 100 -- and I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out after his 1 tackle performance against TB. I actually wouldn't be surprised if DHall was in the top 100 after 4 games. Kerrigan could enter, but he doesn't have a ton of tackles this year and his 3.5 sacks aren't enough to put him in top 100 in the NFL range.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football