Post Game Redskins vs Bucs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:07 am

Man why does every game have to be darn near a heart attack moment? Geez!
Anyhow always am grateful for a win. RG3 has the stuff! Who decided to sign the kicker who missed a kick in the last seconds of a playoff game to go the Superbowl?
Redemption song for Cundiff? Maybe? Byner had a second chance with the Skins maybe Cundiff gets to his swan song with us?
Anyhow improvement in defense but still some work to do. Oh yeah GG Skins! Woooooo! :rock:
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:36 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Man why does every game have to be darn near a heart attack moment? Geez!
Anyhow always am grateful for a win. RG3 has the stuff! Who decided to sign the kicker who missed a kick in the last seconds of a playoff game to go the Superbowl?
Redemption song for Cundiff? Maybe? Byner had a second chance with the Skins maybe Cundiff gets to his swan song with us?
Anyhow improvement in defense but still some work to do. Oh yeah GG Skins! Woooooo! :rock:

Yeah, but Byner was a very good RB before "the fumble" Cundiff was a below average kicker before he shanked that koch in the AFC championship game and he still is. Sure he had one PB season (must have been a down year fire AFC kickers because he only made 89% of his kicks) but he also had 2.5 unemployed seasons.

He is not a good kicker, he isn't even an average kicker.

He didn't cost us a game Sunday (easily could have), but he WILL cost us a couple later in the season, if he remains our kicker.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:42 am

Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:our kicker went 1-4 for the win...we got a lucky win guys.

How is that lucky? We dominated most of the game, and should have been up by 9 more. We won because we were the better team, period.

We should have been up by more than nine. Montgomery killed one drive with a ridiculous clip and Garcon killed another with unsportsmanlike conduct. This unsportsmanlike crap has got to stop. I count three in four games, with one of them costing us a tie and probably the game, and the other the game. We're lucky this one didn't cost us the game. Here's a list of our idiots: Morgan, Kyle, and Garcon. We could be undefeated.

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:12 am

Deadskins wrote:

How is that lucky? We dominated most of the game, and should have been up by 9 more. We won because we were the better team, period.

What should've been and what was aren't the same thing...and dominating for a half isn't most of the game...and the kicker could've just as easily missed the last one like he did the previous 3...they got lucky...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:20 am

grampi wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

What should've been and what was aren't the same thing...and dominating for a half isn't most of the game...and the kicker could've just as easily missed the last one like he did the previous 3...they got lucky...

If by "they," you mean Tampa, I agree. I just don't see how you're saying Cundiff not missing a fourth straight FG, is getting lucky.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:53 am

Cundiff is not a great kicker but he's showing that he's better than Gano

I agree with JSPB - the Redskins should have won this game

and, guess what ...

we did :D

each week we're seeing clearly better teams find a way to lose and conversely some teams get up for games against others

this is the NFL - we should have won and we found a way to get that done

our kicker might be a bit of a worry but our defense is a MAJOR concern
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 am

welch wrote:I think RG3 is even better than Mark Brunell. (Sorry, TRO!)

:lol: I think he,s just a tad better than mark.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:39 am

SkinsJock wrote:Cundiff is not a great kicker but he's showing that he's better than Gano

Good one! Got a stand-up routine starter with that one.

Anyway, not so sure about the good time management at the end. Griff was pretty good but right at the end when we spiked it almost looked like Shanny thought we'd called timeout the way he was chatting with Griff while the play clock ticked. Then we frantically rushed out and Licht false started. Then we almost didn't call timeout after the next play - it was as if Shanny thought we had used it already.

Shanny looks confused late - almost like Gibbs II.

So glad we won. That kick would not have been good if the goal posts were any farther back.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 am

Cundiff is horrible and should be cut this week. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examined. Its not even the misses from 31 and 41 that I'm talking, although they were terrible. If anyone saw the 55 yarder, he was short by about 10 yards as it landed only half way into the end zone. I'm sorry, but that is unacceptable in todays game, where you see these younger kickers routinely blasting thru FGs from well beyond 50. If you're not going to make anything past 50 than you better be nearly perfecet from anything under 50, and I mean like 90-95%, and as we found out yesterday, that won't be the case with Cundiff. Normally I am more patient with players, but we need to get rid of him ASAP!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:37 am

I had not seen this addresses elsewhere, but Trent Williams deserves extra special kudos for the job he did yesterday, period, but particularly in light of the fact that as of Thursday he looked like a dead man walking.

1. On Thursday I watched Trent Williams limp to his car and thought, “No way.” It wasn’t like he was moving a whole lot better the next day. During a mini-scrum in front of his locker on Friday, it was pointed out to Williams that he was still having a hard time moving around and then was asked how much his bruised knee was bothering him. He replied, “It’s not bad.” Then he flashed a big smile, as if he was concealing a whole lot from us. But Williams clearly takes his captain role seriously and that’s why he wanted to play. A few guys won major points in that locker room for their performance today; Williams is at the top of the list.

2. He actually played well. Very well, all things considered. Or even not considered. There were some missed blocks in which it was clear he couldn’t move as well as he wanted, especially in the open field against a defensive back. Williams had a hard time reacting on one such play and his man made the tackle. Clearly he wasn’t himself. And yet: no sacks allowed by him and plenty of holes opened. And he still showed enough athleticism to make a difference (like he did on a pass back to Fred Davis in which a zone read fake caused the linebacker to hesitate, allowing Williams to seal the outside). Williams had a key block on Alfred Morris’ 39-yard touchdown run too. After missing the last four games last season because of the drug suspension it’s surprising Williams would be elected a captain. After Sunday, it’s not surprising at all.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins- ... le/2509465

I firmly believe that we have our next great LT.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 am

I'm right there with you guys on the "why do we always have to play these close games" question. But just for some perspective, take a look a the scoreboard from yesterday and see how many games were settled in the last minute by 3 points or less. Lots of good teams in there. 4-0 Atlanta won by the skin of their teeth off a STUPID last minute fumble by Cam Newton. Eagles/Gians 19-17. Saints/Pack 28-27.

I'm just glad for the win. Atlanta this Sunday is going to be a tough, tough game. I would much rather be 2-2 going into that game than 1-3.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:55 am

SkinsJock wrote:Cundiff is not a great kicker but he's showing that he's better than Gano

Is this sarcasm?

If not, what kicker are you watching. The one I'm watching is making 60% of his kicks in an NFL w/o Cundiff kickers are making almost 91% of their kicks. Heck w/o cundiff pulling three NFL down kickers are making 84% at 50+ yatds.

But you didn't compare him to the rest of the NFL kickers you said he was better than Gano. Gano's worst season he made 67% of his kicks (7% better than Cundiff this year). Gano last year with SEVEN blocked kicks he still made 76% (or 16% better than Cundiff!

In four games Cundiff has made 6 of 10. Gano's last four he was 10 of 11 (one was a 50+ yard kick). You have to go back seven games to get to for misses for Gano and he went 16 for 20 (80%).

So how exactly is Cundiff doing better than Gano did?

SkinsJock wrote:

our kicker might be a bit of a worry but our defense is a MAJOR concern

I do agree our defense is a bigger concern than our kicker, but we can't improve our D with one phone call. "Hey Graham, this is Mike Shanahan, I have no idea what I was thinking, please come back because the kicker I replaced you with is much worse!"

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:04 am

Rg3 on pace for 4200 yards passing and over 1000 yards rushing, 16 passing TDs and 16 rushing TDs!

Three players in the NFL have 4 rushing TDs and two of those three wear Burgundy and Gold!

piggie

Postby oj » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 am

I have regular tv and lost the signal just as the last drive started! I finally went out and listened to the radio in my car to find out that we had won! WooHoo!

Here is what i think about cundiff...the offense scores points, the kicker wins the game. If i were the head coach my single best player would be the kicker. Remember Lohmiller? the offense could be mediocre and he would win the game.
If you want to win games you got to have a game winning kicker.
Molon Labe

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:11 pm

The big thing about this game is not that we won, or made our record 2-2, but the fact that the feeling has already begun, that we CAN win the games that come down to the wire with Griffin on our team. It's called confidence. As time goes on, and it continues to happen, that CAN win attitude will turn into WILL win. For the last forever years, it's been an attitude of we will find a way to lose this game, and now it's turning into a we will find a way to win this game. Confidence is a BIG thing and we are developing it.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football