What's Wrong With London Fletcher

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

What's Wrong With London Fletcher

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:38 pm

We all know how important London is from a leadership standpoint, and an outstanding LB. But, is it me, or has he seemed a step late a bunch this year?

I checked the box score from the Tampa Game and he had only 1 tackle. He's also nowhere near the league leaders in tackles this year.

But, does anyone have an opinion on him? Injury? He kept with Jimmy Graham in NO, caught a pick against STL and forced a fumble. So he's not losing a step in my opinion, but he hasn't been as dominant in making tackles this year.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:43 pm

And it's showing in his fantasy numbers. :cry:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**ch44

Re: What's Wrong With London Fletcher

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:49 pm

The Hogster wrote:We all know how important London is from a leadership standpoint, and an outstanding LB. But, is it me, or has he seemed a step late a bunch this year?

I checked the box score from the Tampa Game and he had only 1 tackle. He's also nowhere near the league leaders in tackles this year.

But, does anyone have an opinion on him? Injury? He kept with Jimmy Graham in NO, caught a pick against STL and forced a fumble. So he's not losing a step in my opinion, but he hasn't been as dominant in making tackles this year.

I watched the Rams tape and it was clearly evident that he missed some tackles he usually makes. Granted it was against Steven Jackson, but still. I'm watching the Bengals game tomorrow and will let you know what I see.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

#######

Re: What's Wrong With London Fletcher

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:53 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:We all know how important London is from a leadership standpoint, and an outstanding LB. But, is it me, or has he seemed a step late a bunch this year?

I watched the Rams tape and it was clearly evident that he missed some tackles he usually makes. Granted it was against Steven Jackson, but still. I'm watching the Bengals game tomorrow and will let you know what I see.

+1

I've noticed some missed tackles also. He's still the man. But is a little off his game.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:01 pm

As Master Yoda said:

"When 37 years old you reach, tackle as good you will not, hmmm?"
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:As Master Yoda said:

Yoda, being like 1200 years old, would certainly not think you slow down at that age :lol:
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:As Master Yoda said:

LOL

If no tackles have you made, yet losing you are Haslett ... a different defense you should run.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:28 pm

I noticed his 1 tackle in the fantasy league this morning too. But that was some tackle!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:45 pm

My $0.02, teams are not running on us as much as they use to because they know they can gash us threw the air. Thru 4 games opponents have only 83 rushing attempts on us, which is less than 21 per game. Couple that with what I see as better play by the D-line against the run this year (RBs rarely seem to break thru to the secondary) and you have less tackles.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:My $0.02, teams are not running on us as much as they use to because they know they can gash us threw the air. Thru 4 games opponents have only 83 rushing attempts on us, which is less than 21 per game. Couple that with what I see as better play by the D-line against the run this year (RBs rarely seem to break thru to the secondary) and you have less tackles.

I think we have our winner!

I'd say you are right. Running backs aren't making it through the line as much and that was London's bread and butter was gobbling up running backs.

Maybe London is being under-used and can be committed more to the pass-rush?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Let's face it - SOMETHING has got to be done differently here on the defensive side

this stuff stinks

AND

- Tim Ryan was making Freeman out to be some great QB - he's not that good - 2 HUGE pass plays does not cut it
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:Maybe London is being under-used and can be committed more to the pass-rush?

I was kind of wondering that also Bob cuz we are having some trouble collapsing the pocket in the middle and London is usually a pretty darn good blitzer. Kerrigan is the only one who is getting any kind of consistent pressure yes we lost orakpo but great teams step it up in these types of situations. We need to figure something out on this D cuz I think we can all agree it's not working and something needs to change especially with Matt Ryan and Roddy White coming to town.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 am

I think the wear and tear of a 17 year career, the 200 plus straight games he has played and him being 37 is starting to take it's toll. He is still good but no where near what he was last year or the year before. He is in decline seriously......

piglet

Postby rk3025 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I think the wear and tear of a 17 year career, the 200 plus straight games he has played and him being 37 is starting to take it's toll. He is still good but no where near what he was last year or the year before. He is in decline seriously......
He has never taken a game off so you expect to lose a step.

Hog

Postby jmooney » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:05 am

I think the conditions probably factored in yesterday too (temperature , field condition). Along with what PAPDOG67 said.

Fletch missed 1 play yesterday.I do think its time for him to start taking a few plays off during these games however. I know thats a bit scary but, it's early in the season. We need to preserve however much he has left.

Give OMG and Keenan a few more reps, maybe 10 or 12 a game? (combined). Certainly more reps than they had.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football