Gano Cut - Cundiff Signed/Cut - Kai Forbath Signed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:59 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'll agree that Cundiff is a bit of a concern but ...

the guy we have made the kick we needed - Gano was not that good - we lose that game with Gano kicking :wink:

No, while Gano may have missed the final kick, he would have made at least two of the previous three.

that MIGHT have happened but then there is no way of knowing how many more points the defense would have given up if the other team had been further behind - see the fact is they had the lead and this kicker was given a shoat at winning - Gano did NOT make Mike feel that he could be counted on to do that

Gano has the stronger leg but neither Gano nor Cundiff are great kickers

there are 2 reasons Gano is not here - Mike could never be sure he would make the game winner AND he was not as good as Cundiff

That goes for both claims equally.

absolutely - one thing is clear though - last couple of years we did not have a guy that you could count on - now we do

Gano showed he could not be dependable

Cundiff missed 1 big kick - Gano missed a bunch that would have helped

Cundiff was a Pro Bowl kicker - Gano wasn't even close

Gano is going to be available if we need a kicker - nobody wants him ... maybe he gets another shot .... NOT :wink:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:07 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

the guy we have made the kick we needed - Gano was not that good - we lose that game with Gano kicking :wink:

No, while Gano may have missed the final kick, he would have made at least two of the previous three.

that MIGHT have happened but then there is no way of knowing how many more points the defense would have given up if the other team had been further behind - see the fact is they had the lead and this kicker was given a shoat at winning - Gano did NOT make Mike feel that he could be counted on to do that

there are 2 reasons Gano is not here - Mike could never be sure he would make the game winner AND he was not as good as Cundiff

absolutely - one thing is clear though - last couple of years we did not have a guy that you could count on - now we do

Gano is going to be available if we need a kicker - nobody wants him ... maybe he gets another shot .... NOT :wink:
A kicker with no confidence will lose the game for you.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:13 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

SJ
Even you can't believe the scat you're dropping here!

Before every kick on Sunday I said out lot that I thought that Cundiff was going to miss it. I DVRd the game and didn't even watch the 57 yarder before the half (actually at the time I thought it was 50 - 50 or 57 it doesn't matter to Cundiff he mises them all).

I count the 57 yarder and the 62 yarder against Shanny, not Cundiff (but he still kicked them so they do count). Those are automatic misses for Cundiff. But he missed two really easy kicks, that had he made them the game would have played out way different.

Cundiff has missed 4 big kicks already for the Skins! With a D as porous as our D, EVERY kick is a really big kick!

Gano made plenty of big kicks! Cundiff has four games under his belt for the Skins and is 6 for 10. That is a failing grade, especially in an NFL where the rest of the kickers are hitting 90% of their kicks. Gano's last four with the Skins he went 10 for 11 (91%). You have to go back seven games to get to 4 misses for Gano. In those seven he was 16 of 20 (80%). It took him TWICE a many kicks to miss as many as Cundiff.

Gano had four kicks over 50 yards last year, about what Cundiff has had his entire career!

Cundiff has one Pro-bowl, but he also had two full seasons and the larger part of another where he was unemployed!

I'm not saying Gano is a good kicker, he is just much better than Cundiff! And yes, I would feel much more confident in Gano kicking a game winner than Cundiff (and every kick in the NFL is a potential game winner - it doesn't matter of there is 50 seconds or 50 minutes left in a game - THEY ALL COUNT 3 POINTS!)
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Well Cundiff stank it up....but Gano is still unemployed also. So, if Cundiff continues to struggle, it's not like we lost out on the next David Akers...bring him and Rackers back in to compete
SPIT HAPPENS!!

piggie

Postby fetus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Just let Cundiff keep the job and see where he is at the bye week. Make a decision there. If he has another game like yesterday, it's time to find someone else. Less than 93% on FG's over the next three games and he's gone
RGIII and the terrible D

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:47 pm

I"m not feeling it for Cundiff... his confidence is shot... a kicker with no confidence is doomed.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:04 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:I ask this again. Why replace a crap kicker with a crap kicker. They both suck. There has GOT to be a human being in this world that can kick better than these two idiots.

Here he is:

This guy looked awesome for TBin the preseason

Kai Forbath, K: With Connor Barth receiving a new contract, there was little chance the UCLA rookie would make the squad. The rookie, however, will likely find a job, since he nailed all 5 exhibition FG attempts, including a 55 yarder.

Problem is he was at the bottom of the preseason in Touchbacks. Cundif can kick off through the end zone, but can't make 50 yarders. This kid, Forbath, can't easily make 50 yarders, but can barely get kick-offs to the end zone. Clearly Shanny prioritizes the touchbacks, but one more game like this for Cundif leaves only one option, Return to Gano or explore keeping two kickers, one that can make FGs, Forbath and one that can make Touchbacks, Cundif.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:12 pm

^^^ I'd agree... but, dude... his name is Kai!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 pm

Countertrey wrote:^^^ I'd agree... but, dude... his name is Kai!

Totally agree. Too close to "my foreskin". Let's keep looking
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 am

you might be right trey - we'll soon find out

IF you're correct, Danny and Mike will not keep a kicker who has lost his confidence - he'll be out of here in a heartbeat

I have not seen any reports where we're bringing in kickers this week but we'll soon find out ...

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:25 am

Ugh. Rookie kicker. Like going from one corner of hell to the next.

I'd have to say if we were going to make any move at all, split the difference and go with Rackers for the rest of the year.

Hog

Postby jmooney » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:10 am

SkinsJock wrote:you might be right trey - we'll soon find out

IF you're correct, Danny and Mike will not keep a kicker who has lost his confidence - he'll be out of here in a heartbeat

I have not seen any reports where we're bringing in kickers this week but we'll soon find out ...

I have seen several reports that say they have no intentions of bringing in ANY kickers this week though. SMH

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:22 am

The Hogster wrote:Well Cundiff stank it up....but Gano is still unemployed also. So, if Cundiff continues to struggle, it's not like we lost out on the next David Akers...bring him and Rackers back in to compete

Why can't we get a kicker who doesn't suck? It seems like it would be possible.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:39 am

When you think about it, it's just amazing - it seems that there are a bunch of guys that have the ability to be very good kickers in the NFL and yet we see all these guys on our team and others that just cannot get the job done when the pressure is on

we had Rackers come in and I thought that would motivate Gano to show what we all know and had seen evidence of the past couple of years - he has the leg, he just could not be as reliable as we need

Gano gets the job and then Danny and Mike bring in Cundiff - that means that Danny and Mike were not convinced by what they saw out of Rackers or Gano

Cundiff starts to bomb the ball through the end zone and looks to have the job and now there are some here that want to make a change

OK, let's get down to basics

Mike and Danny brought in Cundiff because they felt that he was better than Gano and Rackers
Mike and Danny must think that Cundiff is still the best option OR we would be bringing in kickers this week

I think I'll just watch and let Cundiff blow his opportunity or make the most of it

I liked Gano's leg but he made me a lot more unsure about making FGs than Billy Cundiff

Hail to the Redskins

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:01 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Well Cundiff stank it up....but Gano is still unemployed also. So, if Cundiff continues to struggle, it's not like we lost out on the next David Akers...bring him and Rackers back in to compete

Why can't we get a kicker who doesn't suck? It seems like it would be possible.

We just got a QB that doesn't suck....

One thing at a time, Gano thought he sucked and IMO that hurt him (might have had a lot to do with him being released after win a kicking competition that he did kick in), Cundiff is starting to remember that he sucks... that's not gonna help him stick around.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football