Post Game Redskins vs Bucs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Good point chiefhog44. And even in the Rams and Bengals games, RGIII was able to move the team down the field in the last minutes and at least give them a chance to win.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:33 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:our kicker went 1-4 for the win...we got a lucky win guys.

How is that lucky? We dominated most of the game, and should have been up by 9 more. We won because we were the better team, period.

We should have been up by more than nine. Montgomery killed one drive with a ridiculous clip and Garcon killed another with unsportsmanlike conduct. This unsportsmanlike crap has got to stop. I count three in four games, with one of them costing us a tie and probably the game, and the other the game. We're lucky this one didn't cost us the game. Here's a list of our idiots: Morgan, Kyle, and Garcon. We could be undefeated.

When I came across the below in John Keim's article your post came to mind, Crazyhorse:

One reason Shanahan wasn’t disappointed in the eight penalties? He didn’t think some were correct. Also, he’s pleased with how his receivers are blocking and said they’re taught to block to the whistle. Shanahan said the whistle had not yet blown when Pierre Garcon, about 10 yards from the ball, de-cleated a Tampa defensive back and drew a 15-yard penalty. The play was just about over, however, and the block wasn’t necessary. But the point is valid: there’s a mindset the receivers have and the coaches like it. By the way, Shanahan said Garcon’s foot was fine.

I felt similarly about Kyle's penalty last game, meaning, I'm still not sure it was boneheaded in and of itself because, 1.he was right, 2.I'd rather have an on the ball sharp coordinator than one who takes total BS lying down and 3.I still feel the penalty was ridiculous. As for Garcon, I'm inclined to give him a pass, particularly in light of the above from Mike.

Oh, LINK
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:46 pm

grampi wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

How is that lucky? We dominated most of the game, and should have been up by 9 more. We won because we were the better team, period.

What should've been and what was aren't the same thing...and dominating for a half isn't most of the game...and the kicker could've just as easily missed the last one like he did the previous 3...they got lucky...

Yes he couldve easily missed it. Just like RG3 couldve easily thrown an interception or Morris couldve fumbled the ball? The defense could have gave up a touchdown in the end? Anything can happen. But our team won and RG3 had a game winning drive.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:59 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:
grampi wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

What should've been and what was aren't the same thing...and dominating for a half isn't most of the game...and the kicker could've just as easily missed the last one like he did the previous 3...they got lucky...

Yes he couldve easily missed it. Just like RG3 couldve easily thrown an interception or Morris couldve fumbled the ball? The defense could have gave up a touchdown in the end? Anything can happen. But our team won and RG3 had a game winning drive.

=D>
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:39 pm

I don't know if someone has already covered this, but it was the beginning of the second half interviews that told you everything you needed to know about what happened in the second half

When talking to the Tampa coaches they said they needed to tighten up and make some adjustments to their game plan.

When talking the the Redskins coaches they said they were happy with how the game had been going (up 21-6) and didn't see it necessary to make a lot of changes.

The Bucs made their changes around our game-plan; we didn't bring much different into the second half. I suspect that's what allowed them to catch up.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Phone and internet were dead yesterday...
But, I sure as hell had my Ticket cranked up.

Folks have heard me complain about Jason Campbell's lack of "it". The lack of that factor is what ultimately doomed his career, and prevented him from becoming a real quarterback... for several years, we waited for that game, where he put the team on his back, and willed a win. That simply never happened.

People... you all witnessed a demonstration of top notch, first class "IT" from young Mr Griffin yesterday... in only his 4th game.

his helmet headset was broken during the last drive... yet, he was cool as ice.

The kid is the real deal. Wow... just wow.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:The big thing about this game is not that we won, or made our record 2-2, but the fact that the feeling has already begun, that we CAN win the games that come down to the wire with Griffin on our team. It's called confidence. As time goes on, and it continues to happen, that CAN win attitude will turn into WILL win. For the last forever years, it's been an attitude of we will find a way to lose this game, and now it's turning into a we will find a way to win this game. Confidence is a BIG thing and we are developing it.

I got that same feeling last week against Cincy. Griffin almost engineered a 98 yard winning drive in that game- taking us from the 2 to the Cincy 19. That gave me hope to believe that he could do it this week. It is a wonderful feeling to have as a Skins fan!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Countertrey wrote:Phone and internet were dead yesterday...
But, I sure as hell had my Ticket cranked up.

Folks have heard me complain about Jason Campbell's lack of "it". The lack of that factor is what ultimately doomed his career, and prevented him from becoming a real quarterback... for several years, we waited for that game, where he put the team on his back, and willed a win. That simply never happened.

People... you all witnessed a demonstration of top notch, first class "IT" from young Mr Griffin yesterday... in only his 4th game.

his helmet headset was broken during the last drive... yet, he was cool as ice.

The kid is the real deal. Wow... just wow.

+1

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:The big thing about this game is not that we won, or made our record 2-2, but the fact that the feeling has already begun, that we CAN win the games that come down to the wire with Griffin on our team. It's called confidence. As time goes on, and it continues to happen, that CAN win attitude will turn into WILL win. For the last forever years, it's been an attitude of we will find a way to lose this game, and now it's turning into a we will find a way to win this game. Confidence is a BIG thing and we are developing it.

I got that same feeling last week against Cincy. Griffin almost engineered a 98 yard winning drive in that game- taking us from the 2 to the Cincy 19. That gave me hope to believe that he could do it this week. It is a wonderful feeling to have as a Skins fan!

It's important to note that both of his unsuccessful 2-minute drills were killed by unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that were not his fault. I suspect at least one of those games might have ended in a Skins win without them.

But that doesn't matter now. What's important is that the legend has begun.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 pm

This kid is AWESOME!!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Who heard the chants of "RG3! RG3! RG3!" Who saw the Tampa players with white sleeves on their left arms?

WHAAAAAAT???

Bob is magic! I am totally sold...

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Magic Bob. :) His new Delta Tau Chi nickname.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:15 am

Red_One43 wrote:I got that same feeling last week against Cincy. Griffin almost engineered a 98 yard winning drive in that game- taking us from the 2 to the Cincy 19

But for the stupid decision to kick onsides with 3:35 left in the game, that drive would have been a game winner.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:52 am

Let it go Deadskins. Who knows what would have happened, but I bet the Rams would have been a little more likely not to just give up like they did when they recovered the onsides kick. They would have had a couple first downs, iced the game, an no death threats either because no controversy at the end except why didn't we kick it onsides knowing how bad our D was? Right? So woulda, coulda, shoulda, that is already two weeks old and ancient history.

Love your posts most of the time, but that topic is a dead horse.

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:43 am

I got to hand it to Snyder, he sure knows how to create buzz to his customers around his product. particulary right after a period of bad pr/business.....in comes a Joe Gibbs back to coaching, or a heralded qb that just in the number of draft picks given up for him FORCeS buzz.

while he has played great, I'm wondering if/when the Snyders customers will turn their attention awY from Snyders latest shiny toy that appeases the customer bas and back to the entire product, which is still.....after all these years.....very mediocre at best.

I mean, let's not forget, it took a last second fg to beat the Tampa bay buccaneers just to keep their season from being all but over already at 1-3.

u want other people to take notice (I know you, you say you dont , but a basic human emotion is attention) ...try this little challenge on for size.

here's the challenge: win 3 games in a row.ccand if you really want to impress, win four games in a row.

congrats, you just completed the easy part of the schedule. let's see how this fares over the long haul.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football