Beating the cowpies....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Beating the cowpies....

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:16 pm

Bears are doing a number on the pukes.....Let us do the same.

We MUST take a look at the blue print of how to score and beat on the cowpukes: Bears are doing a beat down thus far tonight. I sure hope I'm not speaking too soon........lol

1. our D needs turnovers and picks for TDs (bears did that)
2. great 2ndary coverage (bears doing that)....wish we could.
3. use our WR to run circles around the dullass D (Marshall is going off)

Let's take 2 games from the cowpukes this year....!!! I love the beatdown thus far....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:26 pm

No way the Skins are gonna beat up on the pukes like the Chicago did...Chicago has a formidable D...the Skins D is pathetic...the only chance we have of beating them is by putting a ton of points on the board...and with RGIII, it can be done....

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:38 pm

It can be done.
It WILL be done.
If the D can show up just a bit, we can win both comfortably IMHO.
Romo is a choke artist, Bryant is erratic. Their D didn't look like it used to, I think RGIII will tear them a new "Dallass"
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:45 pm

grampi wrote:the Skins D is pathetic.

No, it really isn't. We're 10th in the NFL and 6th in the NFC in rushing defense. We're #3 in the NFL in passes defensed, and tied with three other teams for 9th in INTs. We give up a lot of points and yardage for a couple of reasons. First, we stop the run very well and it forces teams to pass a lot. We get ahead in games early, and the other teams are forced to pass to catch up. I'm not saying our passing defense is great, or even better than average, but you have to consider the number of throws our opponents are making in that appraisal.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Deadskins wrote:

No, it really isn't. We're 10th in the NFL and 6th in the NFC in rushing defense. We're #3 in the NFL in passes defensed, and tied with three other teams for 9th in INTs. We give up a lot of points and yardage for a couple of reasons. First, we stop the run very well and it forces teams to pass a lot. We get ahead in games early, and the other teams are forced to pass to catch up. I'm not saying our passing defense is great, or even better than average, but you have to consider the number of throws our opponents are making in that appraisal.

+1
Our secondary suffers from a paucity of big time talent, but the coaching has seemed more the problem than the players. Haslett doesn't seem to adjust well on the fly, and loves soft zone even when the opposing QB is shredding it.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:35 pm

I think our secondary is similar to the bears- at least in theory. They gave up over 300 yards in the air even with the FIVE picks. That means a couple of things. A if the picks didn't happen (and the drops) they would have given up a pot more, and B their secondary takes risks for rewards. Ours is of the same mentality, and with Chomo bucking it at em, might be able to get similar results. Cutler and co exposed the D and showed the two stud CBs aren't what makes up a secondary. They are about as slacking as us at safety and it showed. RGiii hopefully can kill them-
Not to.mention bears run game looked like forte wasn't at his best. I expect us to rack up yards in both departments.
Hopefully!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Deadskins wrote:

So this may or may not have anything to do with where you get your info

Have you looked at ESPNs team stats?

We're ranked 14th in passing yards with 985 under team stats

Under player stats RGIII is credited with 1070 which would tie us for 10th with Atlanta.

What gives?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm from Illinois originally and one thing that the Bear's D under Lovie has always been famous for every year is turnovers and you gotta love to watch Peanut Tillman play CB. The Bears will try to gang tackle and the secondary(especially Tillman) will jump in from behind trying to punch, claw, or whatever to knock that ball loose and it works A LOT. The Bears have won quite a few games in Lovie's regime by forcing TOs when they most need them and this is something that I would like to see us do more of especially trying to do anything to knock that ball loose.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Under player stats RGIII is credited with 1070 which would tie us for 10th with Atlanta.

What gives?

It must have something to do with sacks cuz it's the same way on nfl.com also. I bet the sack yardage goes against us as a team but RG3's yardage is all positive in the air yardage therefore the 1.070 instead of 985.

He's been sacked 11 times and that would be 85 yards so that sounds about right.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm more interested in beating the Giants. ;furious; Mara.

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:02 pm

ACW wrote:I'm more interested in beating the Giants. ;furious; Mara.

I'd rather whoop up on da Cowgirls but that might be more because I have to put up with more Girl fans than any other team in our division here in Iowa. I hear Eagle fans are the worst but I've never met one in real life. Awww screw it lets whoop all three of em!!!! :D
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Deadskins wrote:No, it really isn't. We're 10th in the NFL and 6th in the NFC in rushing defense. We're #3 in the NFL in passes defensed, and tied with three other teams for 9th in INTs. We give up a lot of points and yardage for a couple of reasons. First, we stop the run very well and it forces teams to pass a lot. We get ahead in games early, and the other teams are forced to pass to catch up. I'm not saying our passing defense is great, or even better than average, but you have to consider the number of throws our opponents are making in that appraisal.

Lets look closer...

Deadskins wrote:We give up a lot of points and yardage for a couple of reasons.

Just a little more...

Deadskins wrote:We give up a lot of points and yardage

If a defense gives up a lot of points and yardage, they suck. Whether it's through the air or on the ground, yards and points are bad. ESPECIALLY if, as you say, we're up early and the opponent is forced to pass. So we can't defend the pass when we KNOW they're going to be pass-heavy? Optimism is great, but lets not try to polish a turd here.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

What gives?

My stats were defense, not offense, and came from NFL.com

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Hooligan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:No, it really isn't. We're 10th in the NFL and 6th in the NFC in rushing defense. We're #3 in the NFL in passes defensed, and tied with three other teams for 9th in INTs. We give up a lot of points and yardage for a couple of reasons. First, we stop the run very well and it forces teams to pass a lot. We get ahead in games early, and the other teams are forced to pass to catch up. I'm not saying our passing defense is great, or even better than average, but you have to consider the number of throws our opponents are making in that appraisal.

Lets look closer...

Deadskins wrote:We give up a lot of points and yardage for a couple of reasons.

Just a little more...

Deadskins wrote:We give up a lot of points and yardage

If a defense gives up a lot of points and yardage, they suck. Whether it's through the air or on the ground, yards and points are bad. ESPECIALLY if, as you say, we're up early and the opponent is forced to pass. So we can't defend the pass when we KNOW they're going to be pass-heavy? Optimism is great, but lets not try to polish a turd here.

I wasn't trying to shine you on. :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:48 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

What gives?

I could never understand why people have to constantly go to statistics to say hey were not that bad. look, were ranked number upteen in these hand selected categories that I want to limit the discussion to so that it helps make my point seem more valid.

well, actually I do know why most football fans.

I could get into why stats are absolutely useless but I think it would be lost on a number of people here. what if I play on team A and my defense has given up 30 points total in my first three games against the girl scouts of America, sesame street, and the Dixie chicks and youre team B and your defnse has given up 60 points against the 99 rams, 2007 pats, and the 98 Vikings.

man...I MUsT have such a better defense than you.

I can get into explanations on why # of tackles a guy has can actually be an indication of why he and /or his defense is subpar.

the point is, stats ALoNE are not only don't tell u the whole story , it can be tell you a lie altogether.

why don't people just drop the stats altogether and use their eyes. what do their eyes tell them? maybe they're incapable of judging a football team without having numbers to crunch and compare. maybe they can't size up a team by just watching,

I can. those that are knowledgable don't need to know if a team is ranked 10th or 14th in defense. the difference is arbitrary anyways. just look at what you've seen so far. and in this case, so far, no their defense isn't good. they couldn't stop Danny amandola, they couldn't get 4th quarter stops in any of the games (a true mark of a defense) .

having said that, it is early in the season and there is room to get better.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football