NFL.com: Robert Griffin III's headset malfunctions on final

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

NFL.com: Robert Griffin III's headset malfunctions on final

Postby ACW » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... inal-drive
"The whole drive was a little complicated," Griffin said. "In practice every week, we always practice me calling the plays in two-minute, acting as if the headset goes out. The funny thing was the headset did go out on that drive. That's why I was having to run back and forth to the sideline.

"I had to call a couple of my own plays, and we moved the chains and got in field-goal range. It was very neat how that practice situation, that practice scenario, actually played out in the game."
:shock: 8)

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:26 am

I saw him motion during that drive like he couldn't hear and wondered if that was the case. I still can't believe this kid's a rookie. Wow! :shock: :rock:
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 am

Yea, I heard RGIII say this at his press conference yesterday.....and recalled hearing the broadcast crew wondering why he was always going over to the sidelines during that last drive.

RGIII just ocntinues to impress. He has lead two last minute drives within the past two games....one unsuccessful and the other successful. He continues to be poised and make plays.

Bottom line is that with RGIII in the game, we always have a chance to put up points.....and get the W. The biggest thing stopping the offense is normally the stupid 15yard penalty on someone.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:55 pm

This kid is the real deal. I like Cousins, too, and don't think the offense would lose too much if (god forbid) RG3 left the game. The offense just plain works now with our QBs.

Unfortunately, now that we finally get our missing piece, our former strengths in D and ST now SUCK. What a cruel, cruel joke.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:03 pm

I remember Steve Grogan used to call most if not all of his plays.
P. Manning calls alot of his own plays too.

The difference is plain and clear: RGIII is a rookie

HAIL YEAH........!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:05 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:I remember Steve Grogan used to call most if not all of his plays.
P. Manning calls alot of his own plays too.

The difference is plain and clear: RGIII is a rookie

HAIL YEAH........!!!

And if his play call doesn't work, he can run for 40 yards in 4.3 seconds
SPIT HAPPENS!!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:00 am

Has anyone ever wondered why comms go down on the final drive? I'm not a big conspiracy theorist but it just seems rather odd to me.

In the military comms go down all the time. It happens. But you are dealing with equipment that is either old or beat up half the time. Comms can go down due to your location as well.

Down there in Tampa it was nice weather, comms had worked all game, and RG3 was about 20 yds away from the coach. this is expensive equipment, not radio shack stuff.

So, why would this happen on the final drive with the game on the line in the visitors stadium?

I think they (Bucs) cut comms out. Thats my take. Maybe I'm looking into it a bit too much but it just wouldn't surprise me at all.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

piglet

Postby blowwad » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:05 pm

If this were a Hollywood movie it would have been Shanahan cutting the comm just to see how jr. might perform under pressure. Feet to the fire baby!!! Let's see what you got!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:Has anyone ever wondered why comms go down on the final drive? I'm not a big conspiracy theorist but it just seems rather odd to me.

In the military comms go down all the time. It happens. But you are dealing with equipment that is either old or beat up half the time. Comms can go down due to your location as well.

Down there in Tampa it was nice weather, comms had worked all game, and RG3 was about 20 yds away from the coach. this is expensive equipment, not radio shack stuff.

So, why would this happen on the final drive with the game on the line in the visitors stadium?

I think they (Bucs) cut comms out. Thats my take. Maybe I'm looking into it a bit too much but it just wouldn't surprise me at all.
I believe they would have to get NFL collaboration... as, I'm pretty sure, they control the helmet commo...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Countertrey wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:Has anyone ever wondered why comms go down on the final drive? I'm not a big conspiracy theorist but it just seems rather odd to me.

I believe they would have to get NFL collaboration... as, I'm pretty sure, they control the helmet commo...

So. . . you're sayin' ATX has a point then (see, e.g. Mara, John and "competition committee" theft)?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby jmooney » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:23 pm

They switched to digital comms this year to prevent "interference". When dealing with digital comms at that close range, I would think it would have to be either a malfunction or more likely tampering. Maybe a digital communication expert could weigh in.

If it were a malfunction, wouldn't there be a log?

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:28 pm

jmooney wrote:They switched to digital comms this year to prevent "interference". When dealing with digital comms at that close range, I would think it would have to be either a malfunction or more likely tampering. Maybe a digital communication expert could weigh in.

If it were a malfunction, wouldn't there be a log?

I'm pretty sure that's not how digital radio works. It just sends 1' and 0's instead of electrical signals over the air. Basically the same difference as a CD and an LP.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:45 pm

You are thinking like Santana Moss
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:10 pm

1niksder wrote:

You are thinking like Santana Moss

Not sure what that means, but I'm assuming Santana complains about far out stuff sometimes?

The only reason I bring it up is because it happened at such an interesting time. Why the last drive? Why were there no issues prior? Why are the Redskins not looking into it? Or are they?

If I were a reporter I would be asking more questions. Were there any communication issues between the booth and the sidelines? Did the refs experience any problems? Were the Bucs able to communicate? Did anyone look into the issue after?

On the positive side of all this, as noted prior, RG3 did a great job handling the issue and led us down the field.

If you guys could take anything from this, maybe just pay more attention to other teams having issues with comms late in games, with the game on the line, especially away teams.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:25 pm

1niksder wrote:You are thinking like Santana Moss

:lol:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football