Why so scared?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Why so scared?

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:37 am

jmooney wrote: ...
At 4-0 Atlanta is a good team. I suspect slightly overrated though. Now, let's go prove it.

wrong

We are not nearly as good as Atlanta - at the same time, I do not see us losing by a large margin

there's no way that the Redskins are 'scared' of this team but the fact is they are just playing well together

we can win the game but we'd need a lot of luck - we're not a better team than they are

maybe this is the week that our defense shows up .... [-o<
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Postby vabchbirdlover » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:43 am

J. Jones was a full participant in practice wed., so go and dismiss him as a threat at ur peril. Falcons Run D concerns me tho, here's to a great game with no injuries
Falcon fever, catch it!!!!!!

cleg

Postby cleg » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:23 am

Roddy White, Julio Jones, Gonzales - vs who exactly? D Hall, Gomes, Doughty?

I hope for a win but I expect a long afternoon. One thing it seems we can count on a little is that Robert will keep the score close and has the ability to win any game with a little help.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:35 am

Sorry all you negative Nancy's, the Skins win this one outright, 27-34, with the Falcons scoring late to make the game seem closer than it was. You heard it here first.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Deadskins wrote:Sorry all you negative Nancy's, the Skins win this one outright, 27-34, with the Falcons scoring late to make the game seem closer than it was. You heard it here first.

I posted the same exact thing somewhere.... Only sooner then you.... Hmmmmm I'll let you share credit tho. :up:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:08 pm

I don't see it.

Atlanta has a much more well rounded team than we do. I'm think Matt Ryan carves up our secondary pretty easy knowing they have to out score us to win.

I don't see this being a trap game, I see ATL coming in knowing they want to score early and often to keep ahead of the Redskins high powered offense.

I mean, I want us to win, but man I just don't think so.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby the poster » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:29 pm

when is the last time the redskins beat a team that was considered good WHEN they beat them? The giants game last year in december when the giants were near .500? Ehh. Give me another example. Go ahead, research. Cuz you're gonna have to.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:39 pm

We generally play good teams hard, and for some reason step it down vs mediocre/bad teams. We beat gb w mcnugget and they went on to win the sb... So taking down atl in a hard fought battle isn't entirely unthinkable to me.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 pm

I agree ckRGiii - I'm not saying we cannot win - I'm just pointing out that Atlanta has a good team

we can win this but we'd have to have a good game from the defense and Atlanta's offense would have to have a bad day

it can be a win but it's not likely
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby ACW » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Julio and Roddy scare me :(
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

piglet

Postby blowwad » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Chief Hog's right. The only way we keep their offense from scoring is by keeping them off the field. In this case the best defense is a methodical and clock chewing offense.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:We are definitely a trap game for them.

I'd agree if they had a big game next week but it's just hosting the Raiders.

Here's one: Ravens at KC. Ravens host Cowfags next week ... oh wait ... they kinda suck ... but everybody gets up for them still ... not so much us.

Kind of a trap game I guess ... how do the Falcons get up for the "crappy" Redskins?

How about we run the ball down some dirty bird throat?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:11 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:We are definitely a trap game for them.

I'd agree if they had a big game next week but it's just hosting the Raiders.

Yeah, it'd definitely be better if they were facing a divisional foe, but I think they are full of themselves right now, and don't realize how big of a buzzsaw they are about to run into.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:51 am

blowwad wrote:Chief Hog's right. The only way we keep their offense from scoring is by keeping them off the field. In this case the best defense is a methodical and clock chewing offense.

The Redskins have a top five (2nd) rushing offense and lead the NFL in rushing TDs while the Falcons have a bottom five (29th) rushing defense, and the Jets are the only team to give up more rushing TDs
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football